Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2020 10:09 pm  #991

Re: AltHL Legacy

Take a lesson to anyone with experience here. Clearly, I have not taken losses lightly and failed to participate in a satisfactory way.

Until expansion draft came along, I will step down indefinately. Thank you for all the journey I've been through.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/29/2020 10:41 pm  #992

FC Macbeth wrote:

Take a lesson to anyone with experience here. Clearly, I have not taken losses lightly and failed to participate in a satisfactory way.

Until expansion draft came along, I will step down indefinately. Thank you for all the journey I've been through.

I'm sorry to hear this, Macbeth. I'm not sure exactly why you feel the need to step down. The legacy project was simply a way to generate backstory for the teams created. The real business starts when the new NHL starts. I hope you'll still participate in the community as we've all very much appreciated your contributions.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/29/2020 10:43 pm  #993

Steelman wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

I'm sorry to hear this, Macbeth. I'm not sure exactly why you feel the need to step down. The legacy project was simply a way to generate backstory for the teams created. The real business starts when the new NHL starts. I hope you'll still participate in the community as we've all very much appreciated your contributions.

I think he just lost interest in owning a team in Quebec. I think he might be more enthusiastic if we expand to Asia.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/29/2020 10:44 pm  #994

We'll definitely find a way to get him involved moving forward.

8/29/2020 11:17 pm  #995

Yeah, it'd be a shame to lose anyone permanently. Now is certainly the time to get involved if you don't care much about where your team is and only want to compete. In the long run, it truly doesn't matter but I, of all people, certainly understand abut forming a connection when it's somewhere close to home. I hope whoever steps up is willing to really build the best hockey team they can!

8/30/2020 6:00 am  #996

ThisIsFine wrote:

Steelman wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

I think he just lost interest in owning a team in Quebec. I think he might be more enthusiastic if we expand to Asia.

That's what I'm hoping for. An Asian-based ice hockey team.
Also, let me remind you that I'm not Asian-American, but Asian-Asian. As in, I'm actually an Asian living in Asia.

If the expansion happens in the future, I'll be very happy to step in immediately.

As for the league itself, I'll try to be involved with the league in terms of the jersey design department.
I'm not going anywhere, though. I'll be here until I'll retire.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/30/2020 6:08 pm  #997

As nice as it would be to expand into Asia, I'm sure there are other markets in North America that could welcome the Owls with open arms should the new owner choose to move the team.

8/30/2020 6:12 pm  #998

NeoPrankster wrote:

As nice as it would be to expand into Asia, I'm sure there are other markets in North America that could welcome the Owls with open arms should the new owner choose to move the team.

I agree with you, Tokyo would be fantastic, but the Owls are staying in Quebec City, as FC Macbeth said earlier.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

8/30/2020 6:13 pm  #999

NeoPrankster wrote:

The Owls aren't moving. Period.

Any owner who inherits the Owls is locked into Quebec City. 

8/30/2020 6:31 pm  #1000

One thing I think a couple people aren't quite understanding is that everything about this league is chosen by the owners as a collective, not by the individual owners. This isn't like a normal fantasy league where you can pick and chose your team's name, location, logo, etc, but instead is a collective effort. Every location, name, logo, and jersey was decided by the group as a whole, from Boston to Vancouver. So yes, the Owls are staying in Quebec and if we expand those teams will go through the same process. We'll select locations, names, logos, and jerseys, just as we did for the original 18. However, that is a long time coming, as we're going to go through at least one real-life fantasy season (this is just a fantasy league with fancy window dressing) then we'll see what happens from there. Please be patient and understanding, Gritty is figuring out how to best handle this.

Board footera