Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/20/2020 6:51 pm  #261

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Dr. Pepper and the New York Gargoyles have submitted bids to Arctic Classic and the Civic Series.

The Arctic Series will be held at Yankee Stadium, home of the most famous sports team in all of America, the New York Yankees.

The Civic Series will be held in Central Park, possibly at a modified Lasker Rink on the northern end of the park.

I believe we can't use sites that have hosted IRL outdoor games, so that would take Yankee Stadium out. Maybe Red Bull Arena could work?

4/20/2020 6:57 pm  #262

QCS wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Dr. Pepper and the New York Gargoyles have submitted bids to Arctic Classic and the Civic Series.

The Arctic Series will be held at Yankee Stadium, home of the most famous sports team in all of America, the New York Yankees.

The Civic Series will be held in Central Park, possibly at a modified Lasker Rink on the northern end of the park.

I believe we can't use sites that have hosted IRL outdoor games, so that would take Yankee Stadium out. Maybe Red Bull Arena could work?

Completely forgot, thanks for catching that for me! Edited it and went with my second option.

4/20/2020 8:23 pm  #263

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

QCS wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Completely forgot, thanks for catching that for me! Edited it and went with my second option.

Yeah, no problem! I was going to use Coors Field for my proposal until I looked at the rules again, lol.

4/20/2020 8:32 pm  #264

QCS wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

QCS wrote:

Yeah, no problem! I was going to use Coors Field for my proposal until I looked at the rules again, lol.

Gritty also says the Civic Series bid can't be for a stadium...so Mile High won't work either.

4/20/2020 8:46 pm  #265

Burmy87 wrote:

QCS wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Gritty also says the Civic Series bid can't be for a stadium...so Mile High won't work either.

That's true, but Gritty said he'd already switched them over. I'll go back and edit my post to fix it.

4/20/2020 8:52 pm  #266

QCS wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

QCS wrote:

That's true, but Gritty said he'd already switched them over. I'll go back and edit my post to fix it.

OK...wasn't sure whether you wanted to make it an Arctic bid or find a new place for your Civic one.

4/20/2020 8:58 pm  #267

Burmy87 wrote:

QCS wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

OK...wasn't sure whether you wanted to make it an Arctic bid or find a new place for your Civic one.

It's up to you guys. I'll just move it to the other event unless you tell me otherwise.  

4/20/2020 9:08 pm  #268

Yeah, put my Mile High bid under Arctic. I think it'd be cool to have a hockey game a mile high outdoors and I honestly don't know enough about Denver to make a good decision for the Civic Series. Maybe next time I'll bid for that.

4/20/2020 9:10 pm  #269

QCS wrote:

Yeah, put my Mile High bid under Arctic. I think it'd be cool to have a hockey game a mile high outdoors and I honestly don't know enough about Denver to make a good decision for the Civic Series. Maybe next time I'll bid for that.

All good...sorry for the confusion.

This is going to be a FUN bidding/voting process.

4/20/2020 9:23 pm  #270

Burmy87 wrote:

QCS wrote:

All good...sorry for the confusion.

This is going to be a FUN bidding/voting process.

Yeah, no problem. Thanks for reminding me to change it. I'm excited to see which bids end up winning!

Board footera