Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/04/2020 7:40 pm  #11

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

ThisIsFine wrote:

How do I do that? Do I pm you with my pick?

When it's your turn you'll post your pick here.

4/04/2020 7:42 pm  #12

Sorry to be more clear (my bad).  We will continue the draft as we have been.  But to try and avoid these long gaps between picks just check in at least once during the day to make sure to see where we are in the draft.  This way you can see if you are up, getting close or whatnot.  Sorry for the confusion.  

4/05/2020 10:43 am  #13

Okay to keep things moving we are going to move on to the 8th pick. CCLXXXVII is able to come in whenever to place their pick.  That means that WithaCapitalG is on the clock.  Stickman is on deck.

4/05/2020 10:59 am  #14

CHICAGO, Ill.-- Welcome to The Haunted Ice House.

On the steps of what will soon be the home of the AltHL's Chicago Ghosts franchise, new owner WithaCapitalG reaches the podium, adjusts the microphone, and addresses the crowd of soon-to-be spectators and season ticket holders.

"It's my honor to be your new owner of the Chicago Ghosts. As a guy who has admired hockey for a long time, it's thrilling to own such a unique franchise," G said, "To say this brand fits me perfectly is an understatement. My family and I love horror movies and will often go see midnight premieres of the latest films."

WithaCapitalG was a big proponent of hockey in the south despite Midwestern roots, hoping that the AltHL's group of outstanding owners granted Dallas a franchise. 

"It came down to Chicago and Charlotte but I just couldn't ignore the possibilities surrounding this team," G said, "Chicago is a metropolitan hub with the prospect of hosting many potential outdoor classics at Soldier Field, Wrigley Field, and even Notre Dame stadium. There's also the opportunity at hosting All-Star clashes, skills competitions, the draft, and, eventually, the AltHL Cup."

On a game day basis, there have been other ideas floated about what could be done at starting unique traditions in Chicago.

"I was thinking that there could be movie-specific nights with red balloons floating onto the ice before pregame and I certainly look forward to black sweaters taking the arena to the 'Us' remix of I Got 5 On It," WithaCapitalG said, "But most importantly, I'm looking forward to seeing you all at The Haunted Ice House."

4/05/2020 11:54 am  #15

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA- 

In a rare public display, the normally reserved "Stickman" (the nameless 33 year old man whose true identity is unknown and whose vast finances despite working as a hospital patient registar have been under scrutiny- rumors from him winning the lottery to being involved in the local mafia have surfaced) made the expected announcement today that he has acquired the rights to become an owner of the AltHL's new league. 

For weeks, it was speculated that he would be invited as a potential owner and rumors to which market he would choose have run rampant.  Cities such as San Francisco, Philadelphia, and New York had all been cities he'd been linked to, although it was thought that due to his close proximity to Chicago, that city may have originally been his first choice.  It was a slight surprise then, when Stickman declared he would open up shop in Los Angeles, citing it's massive market size and rich economy. 

The new hockey team will be known as the Titans, and shall wear purple, gold, and black.  It's uniform and logo were also on display during this press conference. While the jersey is seen as a big hit with the new fanbase ("Lovin' the stylish stripes!  Really unique!" stated one fan) the logo has drawn mixed reviews from Twitter, ("I know what it's supposed to be, but that logo just looks like a spartan wearing a purple turban!" one user remarked).  They will play in the brand new Corporate Bank Arena, an innovative new stadium approach that is designed to be able to host football, baseball, basketball, soccer, and hockey games with its patented Roller Floor technology.  

Stickman's speech was, as usual for his public appearances, short and to the point.  After providing details on his new franchise, he stated he was looking forward to bringing many champions to the rich sporting city of Los Angeles, thanked commissioner Gritty for allowing him into the league, and then immediately walked from the podium surrounded by his bodyguards before further questions could be asked of his latest scandal involving a raccoon, a nun, and a 32 ounce can of peanut butter.

4/05/2020 12:29 pm  #16

Probably not much of a mystery as to who Gritty will pick.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/05/2020 1:02 pm  #17

POUR DIFFUSION IMMEDIATE

Montreal, Quebec

Bonjour! In what may come as a surprise to many, Gritty has announced his purchase of the AltHL's Montreal Chevaliers.  Gritty, a former teacher and current children's author and illustrator expressed his excitement to join the great fans of Montreal.  

"I have played hockey my entire life.  The game has given so much to me over the years and I am happy to be able to give back to such a great hockey community."  When asked why he did not make bids for either of his home teams in Denver or Philadelphia he said, "I love both Philadelphia and the great state of Colorado but it is time to try something new".  

"The Chevs are a great organization and I am excited to bring Montreal the championships that it deserves.  I am looking forward to the rivalries with Toronto, Quebec, and Halifax.  As well as battling Boston every year.  I would say more but it is time to get to work". 

Vive les rouges! Go Chevs! 

4/05/2020 4:43 pm  #18

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Seattle, WA - In a shocking move, Texas resident has picked the team from the Pacific Northwest--the Seattle Seawolves are now under the ownership of business magnate James H. Ward (better known as 287 for his 287 appearances as manager of the Borussia Dortmund U18 squad in his youth)

"Going into hockey after a brief spell in soccer in my younger years was a decision I did not take lightly. I love hockey, and although my home state was unfortunately left out of the team, I hereby select the Seawolves as an opportunity to not only expand my business, but to give the city of Seattle a tried-and-true hockey fan as an owner."

Despite his preference to stay out of the spotlight due to business obligations, Ward was an owner candidate since the early days of the league, and was interested in the AltHL from the very beginning.

"Seattle is a great city. I want to build the type of hockey organization that this place wants, and I hope to do the best I can for these residents. They are a great group of people and I couldn't ask for a better fanbase."

For now, Ward hopes to use the management skills he picked up in Germany as a base for his ownership of the Seawolves.

"Let's do this," Ward concluded in his speech. "Green and teal forever."

4/05/2020 4:51 pm  #19

4/05/2020 4:52 pm  #20

Wait what order am I in now?

Oh wait, nevermind.

Last edited by ThisIsFine (4/05/2020 4:53 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera