Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2020 12:20 pm  #161

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

I hope everything is OK with 287!

Stickman, you picking LA is the first real surprise of the draft! I definitely didn't see that one coming but your press release is super creative. Feels a lot like the current situation with the LA Rams and a new identity. (I see Aladdin in it)  It's a good looking team though. I think you'll definitely give it the character and personality it needs. LA is the #2 metropolitan and DMA in the United States so from a market perspective, the sky is the limit.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/05/2020 1:22 pm  #162

Wow, two surprises in a row! I think everyone here thought Gritty would go for Philly but he really pulled the rug out from underneath us! And I will say I had a mini heart attack reading that CapitalG chose between Chicago and Charlotte. I really hope the Racers are still available at pick 15!

4/05/2020 1:26 pm  #163

Gritty with a surprise! Although, I noted in the video that when you said "Chevs" there was a little bit of familair attachment there. I was probably watching too much Lie to Me recently. Haha. Either way, still a surprise choice!

QCS wrote:

Wow, two surprises in a row! I think everyone here thought Gritty would go for Philly but he really pulled the rug out from underneath us! And I will say I had a mini heart attack reading that CapitalG chose between Chicago and Charlotte. I really hope the Racers are still available at pick 15!

For sake of the most epic rivalry in AltHL history, I think we need QCS to get his heart broken. 

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/05/2020 1:31 pm  #164

Honestly it was really tough not picking Philly.  But in my fantasy baseball and football leagues that I play with college friends I always rep Philly.  Figured I'd change it up a bit.  Plus I thought it would be cool to play in Canada.  Honestly it was a decision between Philly, Toronto and Montreal for me.  Real tough.  

4/05/2020 1:31 pm  #165

Steelman wrote:

Gritty with a surprise! Although, I noted in the video that when you said "Chevs" there was a little bit of familair attachment there. I was probably watching too much Lie to Me recently. Haha. Either way, still a surprise choice!

QCS wrote:

For sake of the most epic rivalry in AltHL history, I think we need QCS to get his heart broken. 

That’s not very nice, and I don’t want Charlotte, so no.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/05/2020 1:32 pm  #166

Still, Gritty picking the Chevs was pretty unpredictable.

Last edited by ThisIsFine (4/05/2020 1:34 pm)

4/05/2020 1:49 pm  #167

Welcome to the Canada Club Gritty haha 
I love the idea of changing it up. I almost didn't pick Winnipeg, thinking in the same way but when I had the chance I couldn't pass up, but Seattle and even Montreal were ones I was definitely thinking about going for.

4/05/2020 2:16 pm  #168

Steelman wrote:

QCS wrote:

Hey hey hey, watch it bud, haha. Although it's definitely true I'd have a bone to pick with anyone who picks Charlotte, haha. 

4/05/2020 3:37 pm  #169

Stickman wrote:

his latest scandal involving a raccoon, a nun, and a 32 ounce can of peanut butter.

I have questions

Last edited by Section30 (4/05/2020 3:38 pm)

4/05/2020 3:40 pm  #170

Section30 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

his latest scandal involving a raccoon, a nun, and a 32 ounce can of peanut butter.

I have questions

We all have questions.

Board footera