Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2020 6:40 pm  #121

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

I'm happy with 9th!  Didn't realize I had the most team name runner ups either, it did feel like a lot of my choices came close to being picked, yet they never got picked!  Ah well, always the bride's maid....never the bride, right?  LMAO

Last edited by Stickman (4/02/2020 6:42 pm)

4/02/2020 6:44 pm  #122

Stickman wrote:

I'm happy with 9th!  Didn't realize I had the most team name runner ups either, it did feel like a lot of my choices came close to being picked, yet they never got picked!  Ah well, always the bride's maid....never the bride, right?  LMAO

Ha yes I wanted to give you a shout out for it.  Cause as much of bummer as it is, it's actually pretty impressive.  

4/02/2020 6:46 pm  #123

Strategy before the draft: Calculated guesses on who takes what and set up a line of teams that fit my personal taste.

Strategy now: Sleep in? Jk you guys won’t let me do that the draft will probably be done in 30 mins.

Also, our commissioner is far better looking than any of the major sports commissioners so we are in good hands! Haha

Jokes aside, appreciate the experience you’ve built, Gritty. From the concept to the draft it’s been a fun atmosphere that’s brought the community together. Definitely deserving of a member of the year award. (Mods hope you’re reading this)

Let’s get the groupchat going now? After the draft we could make a few based on different things like conference or division. Think it be really funny if owners knew the people in their division better than the rest of the league! Just like how teams know more about their division rivals and their play style.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (4/02/2020 6:57 pm)

4/02/2020 6:48 pm  #124

I'll happily take that 5 spot!

4/02/2020 6:59 pm  #125

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Strategy before the draft: Calculated guesses on who takes what and set up a line of teams that fit my personal taste.

Strategy now: Sleep in? Jk you guys won’t let me do that the draft will probably be done in 30 mins.

Also, our commissioner is far better looking than any of the major sports commissioners so we are in good hands! Haha

Jokes aside, appreciate the experience you’ve built, Gritty. From the concept to the draft it’s been a fun atmosphere that’s brought the community together. Definitely deserving of a member of the year award. (Mods hope you’re reading this)

Let’s get the groupchat going now? After the draft we could make a few based on different things like conference or division. Think it be really funny if owners knew the people in their division better than the rest of the league! Just like how teams know more about their division rivals and their play style.

Thanks for the support! I like the idea of group chats and think it will help the experience but I will put that in the hands of someone else since that is not my wheelhouse.

4/02/2020 7:07 pm  #126

Ah, that's unfortunate. 15th is not exactly where I want to be but hopefully I can still get what I want. I've got a list so I think I'll just follow that. I guess at least it's not 18th! Very excited for tomorrow!

4/02/2020 7:09 pm  #127

Nice work with the video and organizing all of this, Gritty! It's been a fun ride thus far, can't wait to see how the draft shakes out. I was trying to do like a mock draft of which teams owners may select and I honestly have no idea.

I'm pretty happy with #2. I guess I'm officially fighting with 3pttally for that early pick rivalry. haha. Just stay away from my babies and we'll be good.  jk.

But for real, I can't wait to build some epic rivalries with these teams!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/02/2020 7:21 pm  #128

I loved the video, Gritty. It was so much fun to watch and to be able to put a name with the face. For the question in the video about my name: it's actually my last name. IRL my fiance and I (side story: I work in college athletics and she couldn't care less about sports but loves watching hockey for some reason) lean toward the Preds.

I had a thought that if some members wanted they could make their own introduction videos. I like the group chat ideas possibly even just a separate thread themselves.

That all being said I'm happy with the eighth pick and look forward to tomorrow.

Last edited by WithaCapitalG (4/02/2020 7:25 pm)

4/02/2020 7:25 pm  #129

Great work Gritty!
I did arrive a bit late to the party in the naming stage, but just the work that you've done since then, props!

I am very surprised by my spot at 6. Not expecting it.
Regardless, I am cool with any team at this point. They all look so great.
Best of luck to all the owners on the draft tomorrow!

4/02/2020 7:29 pm  #130

WithaCapitalG wrote:

I loved the video, Gritty. It was so much fun to watch and to be able to put a name with the face. For the question in the video about my name: it's actually my last name. IRL my fiance and I (side story: I work in college athletics and she couldn't care less about sports but loves watching hockey for some reason) lean toward the Preds.

I had a thought that if some members wanted they could make their own introduction videos. I like the group chat ideas possibly even just a separate thread themselves.

That all being said I'm happy with the eighth pick and look forward to tomorrow.

That's a good idea. Maybe we could do some sort of owner spotlight thing (volunteer basis of course).  

Board footera