Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/02/2020 1:32 pm  #111

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

I second that. Excited for the owner draft tomorrow! I put together my wish list and I'm just hoping I get a good pick. I submitted some work as well so that should help me get a higher pick, hopefully my luck comes through!

4/02/2020 1:57 pm  #112

Whoa, I'm actually shocked that my Seattle jerseys were chosen. 

Very cool to design the logo and jerseys I designed for Vancouver also won. They look even better in 3D imo.

Can't wait for the draft and the reveal!

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

4/02/2020 2:44 pm  #113

Great work on all the designs everyone!
Love the diversity in brands and looks as well as colour schemes.

4/02/2020 2:46 pm  #114

I am very interested to see where everyone shakes out.  I was trying to do a mock draft in my head.  I have fixed my problem with the video and will post it in a little bit.  But as requested I threw together the entire league set of uniforms.  I apologize for not making it look fancy or anything.  

4/02/2020 3:17 pm  #115

I took the liberty of making one with all the sweaters in it, since I'd been using it to see the progress. Congrats to everyone who made these awesome designs! It's a great looking start for this little league of ours!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/02/2020 3:43 pm  #116

Huh, I hadn't realized the Central had three teams with black home sweaters. The Eastern is definitely the "traditional" conference, with the Western getting more experimental. I like how the Central kinda went both ways, with the less-traditional markets of Charlotte and Denver going with more out-there uniforms, while the other four had more traditional striping on the homes and aways while the alts had more flair. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised at how the 3D renderings really elevate these designs to incredible status. 

Just a little bits of trivia for fun:
Four teams have jerseys with wordmarks on the sweater instead of the primary, with three of those (Quebec, Minnesota, and Portland) on the alts while Charlotte has it on all three.
Charlotte is the only team to have different "logos" on all three sweaters. 
Charlotte and Minnesota are the only teams to not have their primary logo on the front at all, although Charlotte is the only team to not include it at all on any sweater. 
Boston is the only team to use an unofficial color as the base for a sweater.
On the striping-styled backgrounds, Charlotte has the most stripes at 9 while Seattle, Quebec, and Denver have 7, if each change in color is counted as a stripe. (On the opposite, LA has the least at 1.)
Halifax is the only team without a white away jersey, instead being replaced by a cream-colored sweater.

Just some fun things I noticed while looking at these beautiful sweaters. I'll be honest, there are at least three or four teams I would actually buy sweaters for if they were real. Can't wait for the draft!

4/02/2020 3:48 pm  #117

Very nice looking Western Conference!  I definitely like the color variety, as one critique I had with the Eastern and Central Conference was the lacking of main color variety (the East has 3 blue teams and the Central has 3 black teams and 2 red teams).  

I will also take back my critique of San Francisco, as the logo doesn't blend into the background anywhere near as much as I had feared it would, and it  looks pretty cool!

Can't wait for the draft!  

4/02/2020 5:16 pm  #118

QCS wrote:

Huh, I hadn't realized the Central had three teams with black home sweaters. The Eastern is definitely the "traditional" conference, with the Western getting more experimental. I like how the Central kinda went both ways, with the less-traditional markets of Charlotte and Denver going with more out-there uniforms, while the other four had more traditional striping on the homes and aways while the alts had more flair. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised at how the 3D renderings really elevate these designs to incredible status. 

Four teams have jerseys with wordmarks on the sweater instead of the primary, with three of those (Quebec, Minnesota, and Portland) on the alts while Charlotte has it on all three.
Charlotte and Minnesota are the only teams to not have their primary logo on the front at all, although Charlotte is the only team to not include it at all on any sweater. 
On the striping-styled backgrounds, Charlotte has the most stripes at 9 while Seattle, Quebec, and Denver have 7, if each change in color is counted as a stripe. (On the opposite, LA has the least at 1.)
Halifax is the only team without a white away jersey, instead being replaced by a cream-colored sweater.

Just some fun things I noticed while looking at these beautiful sweaters. I'll be honest, there are at least three or four teams I would actually buy sweaters for if they were real. Can't wait for the draft!

Man, Charlotte are the Oregon Ducks of the AltHL.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/02/2020 5:19 pm  #119

ThisIsFine wrote:

QCS wrote:

Man, Charlotte are the Oregon Ducks of the AltHL.

Yeah I really didn't mean for that to happen but I think it fits a modern name like Racers and a non-traditional market like Charlotte.

4/02/2020 6:11 pm  #120

Okay! Here we go! 

Below is the official AltHL Owner Draft Lottery order.  In the video below I explain the process and share the lottery as it happens.  Obviously some people will be excited, others will be disappointed.  But that would be the case no matter what the order ended up being.  With the order now public you can try to put together your strategy.  Since it is an exciting time for the league let's continue to be positive, let's not rain on any parades. I wanted to thank everyone for all of the work you have put into our league.  As many of you have commented, the league looks great and it has everyone to thank.  With that said, the draft is tomorrow!

Board footera