Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/23/2020 12:58 pm  #721

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Hopefully the Rouge can start the Rebuilding process through the Draft.

8/23/2020 7:28 pm  #722

Introducing the Indiana Victors
The first of the two new expansion teams to release their logo and uniforms was Indianapolis. Owner Sammy Kirkdale held a press conference to showcase them. 

Kirkdale’s family has been heavily involved in the military. His father fought in WW1 and his younger brother was in WW2 more recently. Unfortunately, his brother did not return from WW2. Sammy has honoured his brother as well as his father and extended family with efforts in the city of Indianapolis to help veterans as well as always carry on their legacy. The Soldiers & Sailors Monument in the city’s centre has always been a symbol to him and the state. The inscription at the monument reads “To Indiana’s Silent Victors”. The inscription became the inspiration for Kirkdale’s new team. Victors would be the name, but Indiana had to be the location. The monument represents the state, the Victors will too.  

From there the design process began. After several months the team came to a shield logo with “Victors” on a diagonal sash, with the silhouette of the Monument’s Victory Statue. Three orange stripes fill out the left side of the logo. The colours were picked mainly for the purpose of being unique among the 8 established teams. Green and orange do this well especially the shades of which the Green is more vibrant than that of Boston and the Orange is a hint more red than the Tigers’ orange. 

The uniforms feature 3 stripes on the sleeves, with 2 thinner stripes outlining each of them. The pants continue the 3 stripe pattern without the thinner stripes, while the socks and helmet have the same style of stripe as the sleeve. They are the first team to include numbers on their helmets.  

Shoutout to QCS for suggesting the Indiana Victors, and I loved the name from the moment I saw it! Also, thanks to Darknes and Scratch with help in the designing process. 

There were a few solid names, but I really wanted to go outside the box with these teams and this was a perfect idea. Very unique, though a little tougher to come up with a cool identity, but a challenge I enjoyed.

Leave your thoughts! C&C is welcome. Hope you guys are as excited about these new teams as I am. Louisville will be out soon, just had a busier day than expected and wanted to get at least one out tonight. 

8/23/2020 7:41 pm  #723

Thats a great look for Indy! The green and orange are unexpected but work well together. The name is wonderful as well. Good job!

8/23/2020 7:51 pm  #724

Hey, it's my name! It's certainly unique, I love how you made it work with green and orange. The statue is wonderfully rendered, this might be my team for now!

8/23/2020 7:51 pm  #725

Looking good depending on what you have in store for Louisville this might become my new favorite team

8/23/2020 8:10 pm  #726

Thanks!!!
I will also shoutout Dan O'Mac who had suggested a Green/Orange colour scheme for Indy and took that as an inspiration.
Sigs will also be coming for both teams, I completely forgot to make them.

Last edited by Wallflower (8/23/2020 8:11 pm)

8/23/2020 8:58 pm  #727

Green and orange is definitely unique, but in a good way

I'm also a huge fan of the name Victors

Last edited by Section30 (8/23/2020 8:58 pm)

8/23/2020 10:20 pm  #728

The Victors may have the best logo already in the NAAF and the colors are excellent to go along with that.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

8/24/2020 12:17 am  #729

Wow! For the Victors, you took the colors green and orange and worked them to perfection! The numbers on the sides of their helmets look pretty time period appropriate too. Looking forward to what you have whipped up for Louisville!

Last edited by Slapshot Kirby (8/24/2020 12:18 am)

8/24/2020 10:37 am  #730

Introducing the Louisville Thunder

Not long after Kirkdale introduced the Indiana Victors, Vince Forsyth revealed his own Louisville Thunder. 

While Forsyth originally was the head of a Cincinnati bid, he is originally from Charleston, Indiana just north of Louisville. He went to university in Louisville and eventually worked with Kirkdale in Indianapolis before he went to the Cincinnati team for the past couple of years. He was worried Louisville was going to be too small, but when the league was all for the move Forsyth couldn’t be more excited.  As a kid, he was able to see the Kentucky Derby once and he loved the show and the sound of the horses as they raced. Thunder. That was the sound that he connected to the horses. He had a horse on a family farm that he had named “Lucky Thunder”. He did have dreams of one-day racing in the derby but they were short-lived, but he loved his horse. Lucky would become the inspiration for the name of the Louisville football team. The logo and team mascot would become Lucky Thunder himself. The horse’s head outlined in gold is the main logo with lightning bolts becoming other elements on the wordmark. Gold was the original colour to symbolize the thunderstorm and lightning that the name comes from, while the deep red symbolizes the roses of the Derby.  

The jerseys are red with lightning bolt striping on the shoulders, pants and helmet. The team has both gold and white pants which they will likely mix and match throughout the season. The helmet will feature the silhouette of Lucky Thunder and the bolt on top. 

The name for the team was not suggested by anyone, I certainly had a tougher time coming up with a name I loved for Louisville. Colonels was the most suggested, but I never loved it and felt it was too obvious and has been used before. There were some great civil war-related names that I considered, but with Indy, I wanted to go a different direction. Thunder came from that and I fell for it instantly. Love the red-gold colour scheme, and wanted to do something like that, DireBear had suggested the colours scheme for Indy, but I liked it more for this team. Again thanks for the help Darknes and Scratch on the designing process! 

Here are the sigs for the two new teams, for anyone who wants them. C&C is always welcome! I'm super happy with both teams, and especially Louisville!

Louisville

*Made one with "Lucky Thunder" wasn't sure about it so here is both
Indiana

Board footera