Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/19/2020 2:30 pm  #1031

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Wallflower wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

MLB had "Dick Pole", who will the NAAF have with that funny name? I think Nimrod has the lead on that one now.

Oh don't worry, I'm just getting started with funny named prospects

Let's make this a rarity please and thank you, as big of a kick I get out of it, I am still going for realism. Also it was Nimrod Dankworth before I made it Handsworth, just had to ground it a little bit.

That’s why you have to glide under the radar. My collection of players aren’t wild but make me chuckle. I think Flower has shown his powerful wrath on only one of my player names. I must admit I am running out of creative juice though...

11/19/2020 2:50 pm  #1032

If I’m being honest (and I’m sure other people also agree) I like when most of my prospects go in the later rounds or even undrafted. It just makes more interesting to me to see what happens to them and it feels very realistic in a way. Most of my favorite prospects I’ve created with the exception of Scotty boy and Alexander Bradley have been the ones picked in the 4th or 3rd rounds.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

11/19/2020 3:11 pm  #1033

Captain Mort 3D wrote:

If I’m being honest (and I’m sure other people also agree) I like when most of my prospects go in the later rounds or even undrafted. It just makes more interesting to me to see what happens to them and it feels very realistic in a way. Most of my favorite prospects I’ve created with the exception of Scotty boy and Alexander Bradley have been the ones picked in the 4th or 3rd rounds.

I love when my players go early, because then I know I'll hear about them in the story right away. But then I'll get a guy like Silas O'Brien that bounces around until catching on.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/19/2020 5:09 pm  #1034

Wallflower wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

MLB had "Dick Pole", who will the NAAF have with that funny name? I think Nimrod has the lead on that one now.

Let's make this a rarity please and thank you, as big of a kick I get out of it, I am still going for realism. Also it was Nimrod Dankworth before I made it Handsworth, just had to ground it a little bit.

In my defense, Dankworth is actually a real last name, if you can believe that, (as is Nimrod, surprisingly).  But I'm certainly not complaining, as Handsworth is pretty funny too, (and don't worry, I won't make too big a habit of making up goofy names.... maybe.  After all, you ARE dealing with the guy who's ALTHL owner hired trailer park psychics on a routine basis, lmao!).   

But yeah Rugrat, hopefully you don't take the lower draft positions too hard.  Never forget Tom Brady was a 6th round draft pick!  You never know who will become a star!  I know I'm excited to see how Nimrod and the others I submitted will do, low draft picks or not!

11/19/2020 6:11 pm  #1035

Stickman wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

In my defense, Dankworth is actually a real last name, if you can believe that, (as is Nimrod, surprisingly).  But I'm certainly not complaining, as Handsworth is pretty funny too, (and don't worry, I won't make too big a habit of making up goofy names.... maybe.  After all, you ARE dealing with the guy who's ALTHL owner hired trailer park psychics on a routine basis, lmao!).   

But yeah Rugrat, hopefully you don't take the lower draft positions too hard.  Never forget Tom Brady was a 6th round draft pick!  You never know who will become a star!  I know I'm excited to see how Nimrod and the others I submitted will do, low draft picks or not!

Yea for sure, I actually liked how you explained Nimrod so I wanted to keep that, just thought "Dank" to pair was a bit too much, but either way, they'll certainly have their stories.

I will say so far a favourite name of mine (on the goofy side) is TE Phineas Vandenlangenberg, thanks Dan.

I'll go on to say once some of the players that the community created start to retire, I'll hopefully mention more, just so that you guys can see what they did and at the bare minimum show you what teams they played for if they end up having an under the radar career.

11/19/2020 6:12 pm  #1036

I really like this draft for my Thunder, hopefully this is the foundation of something for us.

11/20/2020 6:58 pm  #1037

1959 Re-sign Stage

Draftmates Get Paid In Canada
RB Scott Mallard-White and RB Clifford Russell have been very strong in their first 3 seasons in the NAAF, and this offseason, they are getting paid. Clifford Russell would be the first to sign a contract, landing in London for 4 years at $25,000 a season which made him the highest-paid RB currently playing. However, that would be topped by Mallard-White who locked into Montreal for 6 years at $30,500 a season in the first 3 seasons, and then $31,500 for the last 3 seasons. The RBs are likely to be headliners over the next decade in the NAAF and they will likely be at the top for a while. 

Konrad Aust Gets Paid
After putting up some strong numbers this past season, LB Konrad Aust gets to be paid similar to that of captain LB Brent Harper. He locked into a 4-year deal for $25,000 a season. Aust and Harper are quickly becoming a dynamic duo in the middle of the defence and if they continue to improve will be the best duo in the league. Boston was also able to lock up their recently acquired WR Clyde McIntosh to a 2-year contract at $18,500 a season. 

Stafford Moves On From Providence
Since being drafted in the 1952 draft, RB Johnnie Stafford has been in a constant cycle of having to prove himself over others. He was thrust into the starting role during his rookie season which he was not ready for. Then he was immediately replaced the next season by RB Pierre LeStrange. He would still win back the job but would end up leaving after feeling like the Hawks gave up on him. He would join Providence, but after a little time, he would be replaced by RB Laurent Brazeau and RB Élisée Marchal in back-to-back seasons. Despite being the starting back in all 12 games last season, Stafford is hoping to find a team that will put their faith in him.  

Worcester Issues Get Worse
It seems like Worcester keeps making every wrong decision in the eyes of their players. This past season, DB Alexander Bradley was not pleased with the trading of Riley Kiernan and the continued lack of help he was getting in the secondary. As the team started losing this season, his frustration grew. It started to become clear as his play took a hit as he tried to do more on the field feeling like he had to make a play which would lead to more troubles. While there were some early negotiations, they were reportedly looking to pay him even less, after his poor performance this season. He was not exactly happy about that but was still looking to do what is best for the team. However, when the entire staff was fired, Bradley had enough and decided to walk away completely. Bradley was not the only player leaving as not long after WR Christian Venegas also walked away. The wideout was not happy about trading Clyde McIntosh on top of the team’s reluctance to pay him more. Worcester certainly needs to hope that their youth takes over next season or they could be in big trouble. 

Top Free Agents
1 - DB Alexander Bradley - WOR
2 - OL Ronnie Elliot - BUF
3 - RB Johnnie Stafford - PRO
4 - WR Christian Venegas - WOR
5 - WR Ronald Vernon - BOS
6 - LB Sharquay Bradford - LI
7 - QB Andrew Sexton - LDN
8 - DB Amyre Rouleau - LI
9 - DB Louie White - BUF
10 - WR Peter Brooks - PRO 

11/20/2020 7:02 pm  #1038

Things are not looking good in Worcester, I could see a relocation or something like that if this keeps up and fans don’t show up, especially with Boston doing well not far from where the Athletics play

11/20/2020 8:01 pm  #1039

Worcester is the NAAF version of the 2018-2020 Jaguars as they managed to ruin relationships with all their star plays except for Scotty Williams. Hopefully all this drama won’t ruin the progression of Bishop.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

11/28/2020 6:18 pm  #1040

Hey Everyone, been super busy and the offseason took some time to get through, still a few more things to get done, but I wanted to get this out ASAP so you guys could get an update. Enjoy

1959 NAAF Free Agency 

Bradley Shocks The League
Former 2nd overall pick and 4-time all-star, DB Alexander Bradley, was the talk of the free agency period. Almost every team made a push for the 27-year-old. The early rumours had the DB heading to a team with money. Boston and Montreal were at the front of that conversation with Providence being mentioned here and there. Both Boston and Montreal would be great landing places for Bradley as up and coming teams, but there was also talk from teams that were just really competitive. Long Island and Ottawa both looked like likely landing places, with London getting mentioned due to former Athletics QB Riley Kiernan and OL Magnus Gunnersson both going there last season. However, with everyone talking about those teams, they missed one team that would ultimately bring Bradley to their secondary. After being fired by the Athletics and joining Louisville, Emil Riddle made a huge push to bring Bradley to the Thunder. He would succeed in doing so adding Bradley to a deadly secondary that has S Johnny Berger, DB Jayden Mills, and this year’s 1st overall pick DB Oliver Langstrom. Bradley ultimately wanted a team with support in the secondary and Louisville certainly has that. He also was excited to be reunited with LB Silas O’Brien who would re-sign with the Thunder earlier in the offseason. His contract would end up being 5 years at $31,500-$32,000 a season which makes Bradley the highest-paid defensive back in the league. 

Royals’ GM Jon Neal Makes Several Moves to Boost Depth
The Royals would be involved in 3 trades over the course of the free agency period. The first was a lateral move which saw 3rd String QB Micheal Kramer heading back to Worcester in exchange for fellow veteran QB Andrew Glover. Worcester ultimately would just be looking for a slightly cheaper QB to back up QB Gene Bishop, as well as the team resenting Glover for being put into the starting role near the end of last season.  

Glover would not be a Royal for too long though. A week after being acquired by Ottawa, he would be sent over to Louisville in exchange for veteran DB Jesse Scott. Glover ultimately adds leadership and great teaching ability to the Thunder who are looking to further QB Leonidas Dumont’s development. Ottawa ultimately gets a depth DB in Jesse Scott as well as opening a spot on their roster for up and coming undrafted QB Dick Ray.  

Now Ottawa would make one more big move by moving on from LB David Marx. With LB Douglas McDougall and LB Killian Reed’s development, Marx became expendable. He would be sent along with a 3rd round pick to Buffalo in exchange for veteran LB Ben McCray and WR Toni Radovanvic. McCray is a great backstop to add stability in the middle of the field in the young Royals LB core begins to struggle. Radovanovic on the other hand is a very interesting story having been in Ottawa just a year ago where he was traded to Montreal before being flipped to Buffalo and now sent back to the team that drafted him. He should find himself in the #4 WR spot for this season and will get opportunities if injuries occur.  

Top 10 Free Agent Round-Up
After Bradley went off the board the remaining top free agents would find a new home. OL Ronnie Elliot would take his talents to Boston to add to easily the best offensive line in the league heading into this season. RB Johnnie Stafford would be looking for a new start by heading to Buffalo to take over for the recently retired RB Arthur Conner. Endzone threat, WR Christian Venegas, would be a highly sought after piece who would end up heading to Providence to team up with QB Conner O’Rourke. WR Ronald Vernon would find himself heading to Buffalo to join WR Daniel Irons and WR LeRoy Krueger in a steadily improving receiving core. LB Sharquay Bradford would join Venegas in heading to Providence, while his former teammate DB Amyre Rouleau would end up heading back to Long Island instead of a new team. WR Peter Brooks would also join Rouleau in Long Island and he looks to take a shot at the title with the Raiders in what will likely be his final season. DB Louie White and QB Andrew Sexton would join the Rouge, with Whtie getting to play in his hometown to finish out his career.  

Top 10 Free Agents
1 - DB Alexander Bradley - WOR -> LOU - 5Y, $31,500-$32,000
2 - OL Ronnie Elliot - BUF -> BOS - 3Y, $17,500
3 - RB Johnnie Stafford - PRO -> BUF - 2Y, $18,000
4 - WR Christian Venegas - WOR -> PRO - 3Y, $18,500
5 - WR Ronald Vernon - BOS -> BUF - 3Y, $15,000
6 - LB Sharquay Bradford - LI -> PRO - 2Y, $14,000
7 - QB Andrew Sexton - LDN -> MTL - 1Y, $11,000
8 - DB Amyre Rouleau - LI -> LI - 1Y, $15,000
9 - DB Louie White - BUF -> MTL - 1Y, $13,500
10 - WR Peter Brooks - PRO -> LI - 1Y, $10,000 

Board footera