Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/02/2020 12:46 am  #211

Re: The AltHL - Group C Voting & Owner Application!

Winnipeg Foxes for the wildlife of Manitoba.
Milwaukee Outlaws for Harley Davidson.
Houston Starfleet if you wanna combine NASA with Sci-fi.
Carolina Monarchs for the royalty theme.

3/02/2020 1:59 am  #212

Milwaukee Imperials; named after the imperial eagle, a German symbol which shows Milwaukee’s big German population.
Winnipeg Railmen; nods to the big railroad industry.
Houston Challengers; named after the space craft.
Charlotte Regals; a play on Royals

3/02/2020 4:34 am  #213

Milwaukee Millers - The HQ for the Miller Brewing Co. is in Milwaukee.
Winnipeg Forkers - The Forks has been meeting place for both indigenous Canadians and European settlers.

Houston Republic - When the Republic of Texas gained independence from Mexico in 1836, Houston was founded from politician Sam Houston.
Charlotte Racers - Although located in Concord, NC, the Charlotte Motor Speedway is one of the most famous tracks in US racing.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

3/02/2020 11:30 am  #214

Wisconsin Affineurs - Named after the person responsible for overseeing the aging of cheese, this name honors Wisco's history with dairy and cheese.
Manitoba Spuds - Pays homage to the province's potato industry, the largest in Canada.

Houston Magnolias - Houston has historically been known as the Magnolia City after the magnolia forests that were near the city.
Carolina Aviators - North Carolina: First in Flight

3/02/2020 11:41 am  #215

Milwaukee Mastodons - Cool name and alliteration 
Manitoba/Winnipeg Wild - For the unforgiving brush in Manitoba

Houston Flares - I like the sun idea that was mentioned, so a play off of that
Charlotte Racers - NASCAR Hall of Fame is in Charlotte, plays off of that 

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

3/02/2020 4:35 pm  #216

Milwaukee: Hussars, Central European culture is a very big heritage point in the city, and the Hussars were calvary in the 15th and 16th centuries in Europe.

Winnipeg: Pioneers, Winnipeg is the marquis city in the expansion of the Canadian people into the Central Plains.

Houston: Meteors, A great way to tie space into the city, with a space rock that always seems to barely miss the Earth

Charlotte: Intimidators, although born in Kannapolis, the man who drove number 3, the Man in Black, is enough of an homage to the city of NASCAR, and ol’ Dale Earnhardt would be proud of intimidating hockey.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (3/02/2020 4:36 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

3/03/2020 9:05 am  #217

Special Project Voting! 

We had an uptick in nominations for each of the cities.  That means that are even more names to rate.  On Friday we will close the polls.  Each city will then have a winning team.  Then we will have Milwaukee vs. Winnipeg and Charlotte versus Houston.  The winners of those battles will be our 17th and 18th teams.

TEAM MILWAUKEE
https://forms.gle/erxUsNJjHxUrD9RA6

TEAM WINNIPEG
https://forms.gle/LP9dcE3KenmgDpUx5

TEAM CHARLOTTE
https://forms.gle/vKKzhMjFeDcsbrTT7

TEAM HOUSTON
https://forms.gle/EEKbSHBdXGFT49Pq6

3/03/2020 2:34 pm  #218

Winnipeg's team names are really solid across the board, in my opinion.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/03/2020 7:57 pm  #219

We already have a ton of votes for the Final 2 Face-off.  This is just a reminder to anyone who is interested in submitting logos.  We have a few submissions thus far.  I will be making the logos for any teams that don't have submissions (which I like doing so no worries).  Depending on the volume of submissions we will alter our time line.  For now Group A and B are due next Monday.  

We are also planning ahead.  If anyone has a jersey tempalte that they like and think people would be able to use send it our way!

Last edited by Gritty (3/03/2020 8:01 pm)

3/03/2020 8:00 pm  #220

Tonight, I turned on the Tampa-Boston game on NBCSN and as I saw the Bruins sweaters I got excited for what the Rovers will look like.  So that got me thinking...from a name perspective how did we do? If we took away the brand equity that is built into the NHL team names how do our names compare? What would our record be?

Bruins v. Rovers
Canadiens v. Chevaliers
Flyers v. Founders
Rangers/Islanders v. Gargoyles
Blackhawks v. Ghosts
Wild v. Loons
Maple Leafs v. Terriers
Avalanche v. Bighorns
Flames v. Wranglers
Canucks v. Glaciers
Sharks v. Dragons
Kings v. Titans