Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2020 6:30 pm  #61

Re: The North American Association of Baseball!

I really like that update for Cleveland. Feels much more cohesive now.

It could be part of your presentation style so if so, please disregard, but you could take a look at your NOB to number size ratio. Currently it feels flipped. The NOB's probably should be about half the size and the jersey numbers about twice as large. Like I said, if it's a presentation choice then no worries, but if you're looking for realism I think some adjustments would help.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL,Β PUCH,Β WHA: ReduxΒ and Retroliga.

3/15/2020 7:10 pm  #62

sportsfan7 wrote:

These look great! If I could make one change it would be to have the arrow pointing ip so the arch resembles a bow.

I didn't do that so that the arch + the arrow makes an "A".

That never even occurred to me

3/16/2020 9:52 am  #63

sportsfan7 wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

These look great! If I could make one change it would be to have the arrow pointing ip so the arch resembles a bow.

I didn't do that so that the arch + the arrow makes an "A".

If you put a thin line part way up for the string? It would be an attempt at the best of both worlds, or could look really dumb.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/16/2020 11:13 am  #64

Steelman wrote:

I really like that update for Cleveland. Feels much more cohesive now.

It could be part of your presentation style so if so, please disregard, but you could take a look at your NOB to number size ratio. Currently it feels flipped. The NOB's probably should be about half the size and the jersey numbers about twice as large. Like I said, if it's a presentation choice then no worries, but if you're looking for realism I think some adjustments would help.

I looked back on my jerseys, and you're absolutely right. They could definitely use some adjusting. I'll go back and edit all of those. Thanks for noticing!

sportsfan7 wrote:

Yeah, it's not the most obvious thing. I wanted the Arch to be apparent, so I guess the "A" kinda got lost.

Dan O'Mac wrote:

If you put a thin line part way up for the string? It would be an attempt at the best of both worlds, or could look really dumb

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Where would I put the string?

As for a crescent moon C for Cleveland, they'll be recieving that soon. Someone on CCSLC also suggested that, so expect an update for Cleveland soon enough.

Thank you all for your feedback!

Last edited by QCS (3/16/2020 11:13 am)

3/16/2020 10:03 pm  #65

Ok I have the jerseys all updated, so here they are in one post:

Three teams also received minor updates: I flipped Chicago's and Philly's sleeve logo so that it faced the correct way and changed the back numbers on Washington's second alt to be red with white stroke instead of black.

The 2006 season should be up tonight assuming my computer doesn't explode as I create the graphic.

C&C Welcome!

3/16/2020 10:29 pm  #66

2006 Regular Season:

To no one's surprise, Cleveland and St. Louis finished at the bottom of the standings. St. Louis was the better team by 5 games, but still came nowhere close to sniffing the playoffs. California continued their dominance and won the West again, but both Houston and Los Angeles were pretty close, with Houston only 2 games behind the Golden Sun machine. Atlanta took the East, a much weaker division where the 2nd place Knights only won 60 games. New York, Chicago, and Washington all had sub-.500 seasons, with all three hoping to get to the Playoffs soon.Β 

This is the last season before the introduction of subleagues, meaning it's the last time for a while that three teams from the same division qualify for the playoffs. What do you think? Who will take home the 2006 Championship?

C&C Welcome!

3/18/2020 8:56 pm  #67

2006 NAAB Playoffs:
It truly was the battle of the West, as California, Los Angeles, and Houston were the true contenders. Atlanta was far outpaced, despite keeping it somewhat close with the Storm in 5 games. LA was only able to take one game off the mighty Golden Suns, setting up a rematch of last year's shocking upset. However, this time it went as expected and the Golden Suns were able to put out the Storm in 6, becoming the first team to ever repeat.

Congratulations to the California Golden Suns!

3/18/2020 8:59 pm  #68

Look out for not only Dallas and Seattle in the coming days, but also the league as a whole will get a branding refresh!

3/20/2020 6:12 pm  #69

Some unfortunate news: I updated my computer, and OOTP 18 is no longer compatible with my OS. So, this series is currently on hold until I can get a newer version, which may take a bit, we'll see. Thanks to everyone who's supported it so far, and I hope to get this back and running soon!

3/20/2020 9:17 pm  #70

Thats why I almost never update my OS. Good luck, hope you're able to find a fix soon.

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

Board footera