Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/25/2019 12:57 am  #21

Re: Torland Youth Hockey Development Association

Rosran looks good, very classic feel with a great color scheme.

I don't have a team yet, but as of right now I might end up just picking the biggest rival of the Graduates lol. The description of the town reminds me a lot of Edina Minnesota and I can't get the comparison out of my head so I guess I gotta root against them 

Last edited by Section30 (11/25/2019 12:57 am)

11/25/2019 2:07 am  #22

Section30 wrote:

Rosran looks good, very classic feel with a great color scheme.

I don't have a team yet, but as of right now I might end up just picking the biggest rival of the Graduates lol. The description of the town reminds me a lot of Edina Minnesota and I can't get the comparison out of my head so I guess I gotta root against them 

From an outside perspective, Edina is a team that I appreciate for their accomplishments. Like or hate, it should be agreed that they have a beautiful set for a high school team and a swagger that seems to piss off an entire state. I could see the youth in Rosran being like that to an extent, just without the reputation. For now. (My favorite has always been Warroad because of their look and a documentary I watched, and Blaine because the NAHL and NAPHL plays out of the Schwan about 4 times a year. The Bengal's home sheet was essentially the Jr. Sharks home sheet 1/6 of our season and the Austin Bruins home sheet 2 to 4 games a year.. never liked the Packers though.)

11/25/2019 6:40 pm  #23

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

AJHFTW wrote:

That Graduates jerseys set is very classy, not too much, not too little, just right!

I appreciate the kind words. Rosran is a team in the minority that I am satisfied with in all categories. I am not sure how far many get into the stories (god knows some are novels), but I felt Rosran's history can really be seen in their sets. They also break the blue theme built by the region, making the burgundy feel refreshing and eye catching, even though it is so dark. I had put a good amount of time into the grad cap logo making it as collegiate feeling as possible, but after it was done I tried the stand alone "R" and felt it was just as strong. I am torn though because the cap was all me with inspiration from HC Dukla Jihlava, while the R is just a font with an outline.

Would love to hear the thoughts on the logo situation from the board's perspective. Also would enjoy to hear anything, good or bad, about the other teams that have come out recently. It is quiet around the site right now so I hope all are having a great holiday season!

I like how you have it. The Grad cap on the home sweater and the R on the clash. That R is definitely very strong.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/27/2019 2:35 pm  #24

Team:
Vorackberg Herd 

Founded: 1957
Rink: The Pasture Ice Facility
Owner: Mitch Bolden
Sponsor: Bolden Dairy Farms 

Vorackberg is a hard working dairy town that has a strong sense of community. The people live a simple life and always prioritize family above personal gain. Because of this, many do not leave the city, working on family farms from the day they are born to the day they rest.  

One activity the city bonds over, like much of the north, is hockey. This is another thing they do from birth to passing, and if the farms are not being tended to then it is a good bet that the individuals of the town are either watching or playing the sport. This love for the game starts young but is built upon by the Vorackberg Herd, the youth team of the community. Being such a tight knit area, the Herd are one of the few teams who draw a consistent crowd to their games, not being common for most of youth hockey. Due to high work demands the team only practices once a week, producing players with average talent. This lack of pure talent is balanced by dedication and strength that is built by farm work. The final product is a physical team that plays to the last whistle, normally effecting the more refined game of better teams they face. Vorackberg brings a unique character to the league and is sure to shake up the final standings, hopefully to their advantage. 

Identity

Name and Logo
The Herd get their name from the town’s thriving dairy industry and is inspired by the community. “Herd” is used to stay away from the focus on an individual, but acknowledges everyone as a whole. A herd lives and moves together as a unit, making it the ideal identity for a town that shares the same characteristics. The logo is a dairy cow’s head with horns that make a “V” to represent the city’s name. This logo has been around since the mid 60s and is paired with a secondary logo that says “Cream Rises”, which is a shortening of the phrase “Cream rises to the top”, a line that owner, Mitch Bolden, is known to use.

Primary
Vorackberg’s look is one that has aged with the team over time. No changes have been made to the simple coloring of black and white, which is taken from the cows that mean so much to the city, and no change has been made to the traditional striping on the uniforms. There hasn’t even been a change to the team’s gloves and pants, keeping the brown leather color when the materials available have given color options past that time period.  

Clash
The Herd’s clash could be the first that is considered to simply be meant as an away uniform. The look is a white version of their primary set that they tend to prefer using on the road, even when given the option to wear the primary blacks. This is just another case of traditional norms for the city, showing that habits never die in Vorackberg.  

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (11/27/2019 2:37 pm)

11/27/2019 11:43 pm  #25

I think I just found my team.

Love the logo for the Herd, the simple black and white work really well together and the striping is classy as well. I also really like the "Cream Rises" slogan.

11/28/2019 12:02 am  #26

I think “cream rises” is an innuendo.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

11/29/2019 7:25 pm  #27

The Herd was a fun team to collaborate on. You designed a fantastic logo and look for them. Such a classic style. Nice work!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/29/2019 11:19 pm  #28

Section30 wrote:

I think I just found my team.

Love the logo for the Herd, the simple black and white work really well together and the striping is classy as well. I also really like the "Cream Rises" slogan.

The Herd is a great team to follow. They work hard and never show they are out of a game, no matter the score. Definitely the type of team to make every game interesting.

The "Cream Rises" is something added to build a story for a team that has history without playing a game. I have tried to include those quirks for most of the teams, and I felt it was just executed the right way this time around. I appreciate the feedback! Next team should be out tonight.

11/29/2019 11:21 pm  #29

ThisIsFine wrote:

I think “cream rises” is an innuendo.

Sounds like something the opposing team's players would say to a Herd player. Should think twice though, these boys have a lot of pride in their dairy town!

11/29/2019 11:23 pm  #30

Steelman wrote:

The Herd was a fun team to collaborate on. You designed a fantastic logo and look for them. Such a classic style. Nice work!

This one really kicked off the pattern of not only time investment in the logo, but also asking ourselves why the logo and jerseys would be a certain way for a team. It was very fun and I would say this is one of my favorite teams when it comes to design. Was and always is a pleasure to work with you!

Board footera