Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/17/2020 11:16 pm  #721

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

The next division is the West. The West had 2 teams change their identity, 1 team tweak their look and 2 teams not make any changes. The first team to make a bigger change to their identity was Seattle. Seattle’s biggest changes were to the helmet and logos. The helmet dropped the wraparound axe logo and swapped to a more traditional crossed axes logo. That crossed axes logo was also promoted to a secondary logo. Their uniforms also made a slight change. Yellow pants were dropped from the road uniform and green pants were added to the home one. They are also allowing their home uniform to be worn with white pants.
The second big change in the West was probably the biggest in the league. Only 7 years after adopting their current look, the Tigers make another big change to their identity. The only thing to not change were their iconic maroon and orange color scheme. A newer illustration of a tiger and a tiger silhouette were made the new primary and secondary logo. A completely new uniform set was adopted as well. The new uniforms feature a new orange helmet, a new red uniform, a color not yet worn in the Tigers history, in fact this will be the first time they've ever not worn orange, tracing back all the way to their days in Buffalo. A pair of white pants and orange pants will be worn at home and away respectively. The new pants will also be interchangeable. The new uniforms will feature a northwestern striping and a new serifed font. 
The only team to tweak their look was San Francisco. The whales added a new secondary logo to their helmets and added silver outlines to the numbers on their uniforms. 
Colorado and Minneapolis don't make any changes to their uniforms. Minneapolis however does make the switch to adopt their blue uniform as their home uniform. Making them the only team in the league with a colored home uniform.

C&C Appreciated! I'll have the last 2 divisions up tomorrow.

11/17/2020 11:22 pm  #722

Still like Minne's jerseys,
but bravo with the Tigers!!!
That look has shot up there as one of my favourites in the league. Great job with the logo, that is fantastic!

I do like the switch to the crossed axes on the helmet for Seattle. Other than that pretty much the same for the rest, which all still look good. 

11/17/2020 11:25 pm  #723

The West looks wicked awesome! Here’s my feedback for each team

Seattle: I like the new helmet design a lot. In my opinion the new Set looks better with Green Pants then yellow ones.

LA: The new logo looks super bad-ass. The secondary logo looks ferocious too. Love the addition of red/maroon. Reminds me of Desert colors here in AZ. Definitely one of my favorite looks in the league.

San Fran: Enjoy the backup logo. Would’ve liked to have the primary logo on the helmet instead but it still looks good with the Secondary on there.

Minne and Colorado: Nothing much to say, but a like the addition of the paw in the C on the helmet for the Cougars.

Excited for the North and South Divisions!

Last edited by Rugrat (11/20/2020 10:48 am)

11/17/2020 11:39 pm  #724

I'd like to see LA adopt tiger stripes in the future.

11/17/2020 11:52 pm  #725

I do hope that the ‘Jacks’ wraparound axe makes a return in the future.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

11/17/2020 11:56 pm  #726

Seattle: I'm gonna miss the wrap around axes on the helmet, that was my favorite part of their identity, but their replacements are really clean too so it's not that big of an issue

LA: Those new logos are great, the primary is a great update of the old look and the helmet logo works great and looks really nice as well

San Francisco: Big fan of the new helmet logo, wouldn't mind if that became primary at some point

Minneapolis: I still love the Ox look, and being the only team to wear our color at home is a nice little quirk on an already great look

Colorado: Not much to say, just a nice classic looking team

11/18/2020 10:34 am  #727

So Minneapolis pulls a reverse Dallas Cowboys by going with blue at home

Last edited by joho42x (11/20/2020 7:25 am)

11/18/2020 11:24 am  #728

Wow LA looks beautiful! They might be one of my favorite teams now! (Behind the Pirates of course) Seattle and San Francisco also look pretty good! 

11/18/2020 1:41 pm  #729

I'm glad they've all gone over well! I'm a big fan of LA's new look and I'm glad y'all like it too. Here's the 3rd of 4 divisions!

The second to last division is the South. Miami and Houston were the only teams to make a change of any kind in this division.  Houston only made a tweak, adding navy pants to their home uniform.Miami's change was a bit bigger. Orange pants were dropped at home for blue ones and striping was added to the jerseys. Texas, St. Louis, and Cincinnati made no changes besides updating to the new template.

C&C Appreciated, the North Division will be posted tonight!

11/18/2020 1:50 pm  #730

The South looks solid, like the home uniform change for Miami. Houston still however has the best look in division however. 

Last edited by Rugrat (11/18/2020 1:58 pm)

Board footera