Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2020 2:08 pm  #691

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

How far are you into this sim? I mean like not having the graphics or branding of the teams.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

11/10/2020 2:25 pm  #692

Favorite Team: Cleveland Rangers
Least Favorite Team: Don't have one (was Chicago Zephyrs during their dynasty run)
Favorite Look: Cleveland Rangers (1966-) & Texas Roughriders (1964-65)
Least Favorite Look: Minnesota Blue Ox (The Ox kinda looks like you took a photo of an ox head and painted it Blue, I personally think it should look a little more cartoony but you do you DP) The Ox also looks a little sad and needs to look a tad more agressive, but maybe the sad look fits since they have never won a playoff game in team history
Favorite Moment: Cleveland winning the Champions Bowl in 1966-67 and Detroit beating Chicago in the 1961-62 west division final.
Other: What do other sports look like in this world (Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, etc.)

Last edited by Rugrat (11/10/2020 2:26 pm)

11/10/2020 3:01 pm  #693

What's your favorite team? Milwaukee Bavarians, Cincinnati Sabres

What's your least favorite team? Baltimore Bulldogs. Between a basic, generic look and a lack of success, I forget the exist typically. So I don't like them for their lack of anything that makes them stand out.

What's your favorite look out of any team of all time? I love what you've done with the Sabres.

What's your least favorite look out of any team of any time? As I stated earlier, the Bulldogs just are very "blah", and without the history of success to justify their look, it's forgettable.

What are some of your most memorable players? I honestly don't remember specific players.

Finally, do you have any feedback, or is there anything about this league/universe you want to know that I haven't explained? Nothing that I can think of.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/10/2020 3:33 pm  #694

Sevsdast wrote:

How far are you into this sim? I mean like not having the graphics or branding of the teams.

I'm a bit confused about the question, but I'll try and answer. I've got the next two seasons simulated and some of the graphics done, but I'm working on the write ups, which is the hardest part for me so it takes some time.

Rugrat wrote:

Favorite Team: Cleveland Rangers
Least Favorite Team: Don't have one (was Chicago Zephyrs during their dynasty run)
Favorite Look: Cleveland Rangers (1966-) & Texas Roughriders (1964-65)
Least Favorite Look: Minnesota Blue Ox (The Ox kinda looks like you took a photo of an ox head and painted it Blue, I personally think it should look a little more cartoony but you do you DP) The Ox also looks a little sad and needs to look a tad more agressive, but maybe the sad look fits since they have never won a playoff game in team history
Favorite Moment: Cleveland winning the Champions Bowl in 1966-67 and Detroit beating Chicago in the 1961-62 west division final.
Other: What do other sports look like in this world (Baseball, Basketball, Hockey, etc.)

You know when I made that original Riders look, it was a total rip off of the Dallas Texans AFL look and meant to be temporary. I never knew it would be so enjoyed. It'll definitely be involved in future brand changes.
The Ox's logo is meant to be more of an illustration. Similar to the Vikings, Broncos, and Raiders (there's more but you get the idea). I'm not sure if they'll ever get a huge modern update, I personally think they're one of the best looks in the league. Their helmet logo also isn't an actual logo so the team doesn't feel any need to update the logos necessarily.

As for other leagues in the universe, I've got a few of the baseball teams uploaded on the baseball forum. The ULB is pretty heavily tied to the NFA with the Bombers, Bulldogs, Cougars, Barbarians, and Blue Ox all sharing a stadium with their respective ULB teams. The Tigers and Whales have also spent time in ULB stadiums. As for Basketball and Hockey, I haven't really done much for those since they haven't had much of an affect on the NFA.

I have a whole stadium database if anyones curious actually, I would love to go into so more detail about the things of the NFA.

Dan O'Mac wrote:

What's your favorite team? Milwaukee Bavarians, Cincinnati Sabres

What's your least favorite team? Baltimore Bulldogs. Between a basic, generic look and a lack of success, I forget the exist typically. So I don't like them for their lack of anything that makes them stand out.

What's your favorite look out of any team of all time? I love what you've done with the Sabres.

What's your least favorite look out of any team of any time? As I stated earlier, the Bulldogs just are very "blah", and without the history of success to justify their look, it's forgettable.

What are some of your most memorable players? I honestly don't remember specific players.

Finally, do you have any feedback, or is there anything about this league/universe you want to know that I haven't explained? Nothing that I can think of.

Thank you for the kind words about Cincinnati! As for Baltimore, I agree with your sentiments, I definitely think a bigger rebrand is somewhere in their future, something to make it standout a bit more from the pack. Theres also been some concerns regarding how similar the black and red is to Chicago, so who knows.

11/10/2020 3:47 pm  #695

I would personally love to see the stadium database and go more in death about the NFA DP. That sounds really interesting! I like the Blue Ox uniforms a lot but the Ox logo looks kinda sad

11/10/2020 4:48 pm  #696

What's your favorite team?
Minnesota Blue Ox

What's your least favorite team?
Probably Chicago because of their dynasty, otherwise Milwaukee because it's Wisconsin

What's your favorite look out of any team of all time?
Probably Chicago's current look even though I don't like the team, I also really like the Ox and Sabres looks though

What's your least favorite look out of any team of any time?
I like the uniqueness of using one color at home and one on the road, but I've never really been a fan of Washington

11/10/2020 5:06 pm  #697

Q. What's your favorite team?
A. Washington Pirates

Q. What's your least favorite team?
A. Baltimore Bulldogs (Because it's Baltimore), Chicago Zephyrs (If not for their dynasty the Pirates would have 5 championships)

Q. What's your favorite look?
A. Milwaukee Barbarians 

Q. What's your least favorite look?
A. Probably San Francisco because their uniforms are just blue and white without the Whale logo on their helmets. 

11/10/2020 5:31 pm  #698

Favourite Team: Minnesota, but Colorado and Cincy have a chance at being my #2

Least Favourite: none

Favourite Looks: Cleveland, Cincy, Minne, Chicago

Least Favourite: not really any, I think the only minor peeve I have is that the Ox horns are just so non-symetric that it bothers me a bit. You do a great job overall getting the old school feel, especially with jerseys which I feel are much more old school style than my own NAAF ones.

Players that come to me are: QB Burt O'Conner (the old Minne QB), QB Eugene Addams, RB Elijah Boone, and QB Scott Hogg

11/10/2020 5:35 pm  #699

Section30 wrote:

What's your favorite team?
Minnesota Blue Ox

What's your least favorite team?
Probably Chicago because of their dynasty, otherwise Milwaukee because it's Wisconsin

What's your favorite look out of any team of all time?
Probably Chicago's current look even though I don't like the team, I also really like the Ox and Sabres looks though

What's your least favorite look out of any team of any time?
I like the uniqueness of using one color at home and one on the road, but I've never really been a fan of Washington

If I had to guess, I think the most liked team among commenters is Minne and the least liked team is Chicago, which isn't surprising. Depending on future expansion and the cities the NFA would look at to expand, Milwaukee could easily slide into a realigned division with Minnesota, which if that's the case, I think they'll get a nice rivalry going. Milwaukee has a small one with Pittsburgh now because of the relocation but since Chicago and Detroit hate each other so much, it kinda leaves Milwaukee out of the loop. Same with Minnesota in the West, they haven't been able to form much of a rivalry with anyone. I think a central division could really blossom some of those geographic rivalries.

Also, Washington's long over due for a update, they'll be getting one soon. I've been meaning to do one earlier for them but they've stayed competitive forever. To put it in perspective, they've been in 8 of the 22 Champions Bowls, which to be fair, half of them were in the 40's, but the other 4 were spread out a bit more: '58, '60, '62 and they just won this one in '68. They've also only had 5 losing seasons. A lot of this is overshadowed by Chicago's dominance I think. But all in all, they haven't had a real chance to get a rebrand in. I have an idea where to take their identity though when they do, it'll be something a bit more familiar to their inaugural look, except this time without the seperate colors.

Rugrat wrote:

I would personally love to see the stadium database and go more in death about the NFA DP. That sounds really interesting! I like the Blue Ox uniforms a lot but the Ox logo looks kinda sad

A couple teams are making some announcements regarding stadiums this offseason so I'll go ahead and post every teams stadium and answer some more questions about any of them then!

MitchSwanson94 wrote:

Q. What's your favorite team?
A. Washington Pirates

Q. What's your least favorite team?
A. Baltimore Bulldogs (Because it's Baltimore), Chicago Zephyrs (If not for their dynasty the Pirates would have 5 championships)

Q. What's your favorite look?
A. Milwaukee Barbarians 

Q. What's your least favorite look?
A. Probably San Francisco because their uniforms are just blue and white without the Whale logo on their helmets. 

Washington is probably the most interesting team in the league. They've been extremely successful over their entire history, except for a brief period in the early 50's they've had only winning records. But they aren't hated nearly as much as the Zephyrs are. But when you take in that they won 6 of 8 Champions Bowls from '55 to '62 I would understand why. Believe it or not, the Pirates could have had that dynasty. They drafted Hogg originally in 1954. But they traded him away after a rough rookie year, the next year he turned it around immediately for Chicago. It wasn't even an awful trade, it set them up for their 3 appearances in the same time period, but it certainly isn't 6 wins. I'm shocked nobody's brought that up to be honest.

Spoiler alert, San Francisco will be adding a logo to their helmet this offseason by the way. And they're colors are blue and silver, not blue and white.

11/10/2020 5:46 pm  #700

Wallflower wrote:

Favourite Team: Minnesota, but Colorado and Cincy have a chance at being my #2

Least Favourite: none

Favourite Looks: Cleveland, Cincy, Minne, Chicago

Least Favourite: not really any, I think the only minor peeve I have is that the Ox horns are just so non-symetric that it bothers me a bit. You do a great job overall getting the old school feel, especially with jerseys which I feel are much more old school style than my own NAAF ones.

Players that come to me are: QB Burt O'Conner (the old Minne QB), QB Eugene Addams, RB Elijah Boone, and QB Scott Hogg

It's good to hear that you don't have a least favorite look Wally, I agree that the horns did feel a bit off, but I was honestly just a bit lazy to fix them, but I finally got around to reworking them and I think they look a lot better.

Those players you picked definitely are some of the best! It's generally thought that Addams and Hogg are two of the best to play the game, it's a shame that we only got 1 Champions Bowl matchup out of the two of them. Boone is definitely up and coming, he's one of the better backs in the league next to Rodgers, Parks, and Peck, but he has the advantage of being several years younger than those three, entering his 5th season next year while both Peck and Rodgers enter their 9th and Parks his 12th.
O'Connor was good, he led the Ox to their first two post season appearances, but he was never really as good as the top QBs of his time. He failed to live up to expectation and really fell off after the Addams trade which landed him in Philly. Hornets fans aren't too mad however, that got them Oscar Washington, who's looking to be one of the best young players in the league so far.

Board footera