Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2020 12:45 pm  #551

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

Quite the offseason, exciting news with expansion.
Love the addition of the NFA top-stars list!
NY and Boston updates are sharp.
Is that a new logo for NY? whether or not I dig the classic soccer style that it has, I really like it. 
Also, do they still use the old template on the road? (a cool quark if that is the case)

Not too much from the Blue Ox which does cause some concern, hopefully they can do something this year.

8/09/2020 12:47 pm  #552

I'm very excited for next season's expansion, can't wait to finally even the league. Also interested to see if the NFA puts a team in Dallas.

8/09/2020 3:23 pm  #553

Wallflower wrote:

Quite the offseason, exciting news with expansion.
Love the addition of the NFA top-stars list!
NY and Boston updates are sharp.
Is that a new logo for NY? whether or not I dig the classic soccer style that it has, I really like it. 
Also, do they still use the old template on the road? (a cool quark if that is the case)

Not too much from the Blue Ox which does cause some concern, hopefully they can do something this year.

Yikes I knew I missed something. I updated New York on the original post. Also, yes it is a new logo, their previous one was a more detailed view of a cannon. I took inspiration from the NY Rangers and Jets on this one. I'm glad you like it!

As for the Ox, it'll be interesting to see how Addams does, he's entering his 14th year and his age is showing. Ideally this year would've been a good one to take a backup and eventually replacement QB as some more talented ones dropped such as Stephan Hall and Willie King but they didn't, instead taking an addition to the o-line. Hopefully Ross can pick up any slack Addams leaves, he's really coming into his own and could really help out on offense.

Before I move on to the Council, I'd be interested in getting some feedback on a potential Rangers uniform change, well helmet change. I've got an owl wing helmet logo design made, but I realize it might be a bit too Eagles like. I've thought about potentially adding another color to the mix to separate the two more, or just leaving the wing off the helmet. Let me know which of those you think would be best.
Here's the helmet in question for reference:

8/09/2020 3:27 pm  #554

I am sold on that helmet it looks great!

8/09/2020 3:29 pm  #555

I think the addition of brown for the Owls would look clean. If it was the base it would really separate from the Eagles, but I can’t see why brown would randomly take authority out of nowhere. Then again, there is a lot of green in the league so maybe that’s reason enough.

8/09/2020 3:45 pm  #556

I think adding a new colour would be the best option to differentiate it from the Eagles, Brown or Gold would be a cool to use in that case. Even a light blue or maroon could be cool options, but a little more of a leap.

Love the wing design itself and has enough difference from the eagle wing design. 

8/09/2020 3:56 pm  #557

I feel like brown might be infringing too much on Detroit, and gold might be leaning into Seattle a bit too. How would like royal blue or tan work? I'd also be interested in trying light blue or maroon too.

Edit: How about a Whalers color scheme?

Last edited by MyTeamIsDr.Pepper (8/09/2020 4:02 pm)

8/09/2020 4:03 pm  #558

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I feel like brown might be infringing too much on Detroit, and gold might be leaning into Seattle a bit too. How would like royal blue or tan work? I'd also be interested in trying light blue or maroon too.

Edit: How about a Whalers color scheme?

I’d be down with a Whalers color scheme

8/09/2020 4:05 pm  #559

If you're worried about infringing to much, I'd lean to Royal Blue, or a lighter blue (I think Light blue will have great contrast) but a Whalers colours scheme could be really sharp too. I think a shade of blue is gotta be the way to go.

8/09/2020 4:13 pm  #560

I'll make a Tulane inspired uniform and a Whalers inspired one and we'll go from there! Thanks for the feedback.

Board footera