Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/27/2020 8:28 pm  #491

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

*Sighs in Washington accent*
C'est la vie!

......Washington is French, right? I might be letting my West Coast show.

7/28/2020 8:01 am  #492

Is there a certain platform where you created the logos and jerseys?

7/28/2020 12:38 pm  #493

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

C'est la vie!

I’ve spent the majority of my life on the West Coast, and even I’m not as wrong as you.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/28/2020 1:33 pm  #494

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

C'est la vie!

What does C'est la vie mean in french.

it means that's life

Last edited by BlogDunk (7/28/2020 2:11 pm)

7/28/2020 1:58 pm  #495

per Google.com:

c'est la vie/ˌsā lä ˈvē/ exclamation 
that's life; such is life."if you get thwarted, c'est la vie"

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (7/28/2020 2:03 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/29/2020 9:58 am  #496

Hey I’m back and caught up with this. For now I’m a Bulldogs fan until Phoenix can get a team. In the SFA it’s go Stingrays

7/29/2020 9:59 am  #497

Yeah! Go phoenix Ive been there only once though.

Last edited by BlogDunk (7/29/2020 4:00 pm)

7/30/2020 8:14 am  #498

If there were a team in phoenix they would be called the scorpions.

7/30/2020 9:33 am  #499

BlogDunk wrote:

If there were a team in phoenix they would be called the scorpions.

Nah I’d call em the Vipers or Firebirds

7/30/2020 3:00 pm  #500

Time for some postseason football folks!

1965-66 NFA Postseason

1965-66 Wildcard Round - Chicago Zephyrs at Boston Gaels
The first half of this game was a tight back and forth between both teams. It opened up with the Zephyrs and QB Scott Hogg finding the endzone first with the Gaels tying it back up not much longer. Before two long Chicago would knock one through the up rights and take a small lead. By the beginning of the second quarter though, Boston was already making headway into taking the lead. It wouldn’t be much longer before the Gaels would take their first lead of the game at 14-10. Boston would force a stop and sneak a field goal of their own in before the half would come to an end. 

The second half was as exciting as the first, but Boston would clearly take out the Zephyrs for the win. Boston would extend their 17-10 lead by another touchdown before Chicago seemed to even realize the game had started again. QB Donald McCloud racking up his second of the game. Chicago would get stopped again but would manage a stop against the Gaels to wind up with the ball again without the score changing. As we closed out the 3rd, Chicago would score again with a second field goal. The fourth wouldn’t be any better for Chicago though as Boston would hit another field goal of their own and close out the game with another big stop, thanks to a big sack of DT Chick Stevenson. The final score was 27-13

1965-66 Wildcard Round - Baltimore Bulldogs at Los Angeles Tigers
This game would be much closer than the previous one. Los Angeles would get things started out fast with a quick score, but it would only be one upped when the Dogs would tie things up, returning their kickoff all the way back to the house. The half would continue at a high pace and before too long the score was already 24-24, both teams hitting in a field goal and scoring a couple TDs along the way. QB Kieth Lincoln would try to chuck one down field to score again before the half closed out but the ball would be picked off downfield closing out the half. 

The second half would continue the high pace. Baltimore stripped the lead back with a close range field goal but the Tigers would actually make it to the endzone. By the time the game was winding down, the Tigers lead had inflated to 8 points and the score had doubled from what it was at half to a ridiculous 45-37. Baltimore would attempt to get down the field for the game stealing score but would instead have their second turnover of the game when RB Edgar Hamm would have the ball stripped from him as he came to the ground. Los Angeles would survive another day after a crazy 45-37 win over Baltimore.

And here's the updated bracket:

C&C Appreciated!

Board footera