Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/02/2020 5:57 pm  #401

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

BlogDunk wrote:

This logo will probably be around for a while, but please try not to mix politics and sports, the former topic should be left alone. 

I addressed it in the original post, also, you don't have to stretch all your thoughts over several different posts. Just read the posts and most of your concerns will be answered.
Steelman is right too, it's an important time in our country's history while this is taking place and I don't want to just ignore it. 
If I do happen to offend anyone with what I say, or I make a mistake with any of this however, please let me know as it is not my intention. 

7/02/2020 6:45 pm  #402

ZO82 wrote:

for the Texas RoughRiders, I would flip the cowboy around so that the horse's star eye is in the Dallas area.

That's genius and I can't believe I didn't think of it. Here's the updated version of the Riders!

I also updated the league logo on the original SFL post because it didn't come out as crisp as I thought it did!
Expect Miami, Houston and New Orleans tomorrow!

7/03/2020 12:39 pm  #403

That Logo looks texas to me.

7/03/2020 1:07 pm  #404

BlogDunk wrote:

That Logo looks texas to me.

It should, it's an outline of the state of Texas. Sometimes with a horse and rider in front of it.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

7/03/2020 1:26 pm  #405

Now that's a Texas Logo.

7/03/2020 1:35 pm  #406

It feels like houston is in its own state.

7/03/2020 1:59 pm  #407

Now for your submitted names! But first, I want to apologize in advance because one of these technically isn't a submitted name, but it is inspired by one of y'alls submission. So thank you Kuba24 for the inspiration behind Miami's team name, it's not what you submitted but your submission did inspire the eventual name of the team. Now onto the teams!

New Orleans Revelers: The 4th franchise to reveal their identity are the New Orleans Revelers. Revelers was the first of the teams that held name the team contests to reveal their name. The name was suggested by many voters but owner Allen Rifenberg thanked Bill Paxson from Knoxville, TN specifically for suggesting the name. Revelers has a special connotation for New Orleans natives. Revelers are those who take to the streets to celebrate Mardi Gras. The colors are also derived from Mardi Gras, the team uses purple, yellow, and green. The logo is a jester kicking a football and the uniforms are a purple helmet with a purple home and a white away, both over gold pants. 

Miami Stingrays: The 5th franchise to unveil their identity are the Miami Stingrays. The Stingrays name was the winner of the name the team contest, submitted by Paul Rupp from Youngstown, OH. Named after the local fauna found in the oceans of Miami’s beaches. The Rays have a royal blue and orange color scheme, orange representing the setting sun and the blue representing the ocean. The logo is a player running alongside an illustration of a stingray. The uniforms are a blue home uniform and a white away uniform, both paired with orange pants and a white helmet. 

Houston Explorers: The final franchise to unveil their identity are the Houston Explorers. The Explorers name was submitted by Leonidas “Leo” Dumont in a local name the team contest. The Explorers name comes from the recent founding of a Manned Spacecraft center in the city and the efforts both the late President Kennedy and current President Johnson are taking to advance space travel in this country. The logo depicts a rocketship taking off and they have a navy, white and yellow color scheme, inspired by the colors of space, with yellow only appearing in the logo. The uniforms are a white home jersey, the only one in the league and a navy away, both are mixed with navy helmets and white pants. On away games teams that play Houston will wear their road uniforms. 

C&C is appreciated as always! Thank you for all the submissions on the names, I think I mentioned this before, but it really was a hard time picking the names of each of these teams out of your wonderful submissions.

7/03/2020 2:36 pm  #408

It would be cool to have the moon in houston's logo be shaped like a football.

7/03/2020 2:43 pm  #409

That Houston logo is straight space age.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

7/03/2020 4:09 pm  #410

All of the new looks are great.

I do think that the Revelers could benefit by being a purple and yellow team with green only in the logo. The home looks great without green and the green kinda sticks out on the away.

The logos are all perfect for the time period, well done!

Board footera