Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2020 10:20 pm  #371

Re: History of the National Football Association - 1974-75 Season

Dan O'Mac wrote:

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

I realize I could've said something, but I figured people wouldn't go crazy if I missed a few days, but somehow you proved me wrong. I've had to unexpectedly take a trip out of town this week and haven't had access to my computer, thankfully I can do some stuff on mobile, but not everything. The season will be up next week as a result.
I hope you guys can understand that, hopefully without admin intervention next time, that just because someone's off their schedule for once it doesn't mean they've up and abandoned the project, that goes for all the creators on here. Bumping a thread that's not been updated with nothing to contribute just pushes threads from creators who have worked and updated their projects down where less people can see them. There's a reason that we've made it apart of the guidelines to not bump and clutter up threads. I've told you guys on this thread already 2 or 3 times to stop. I'd hope this is the last time I will have to ask.
Thank you Steel and Darknes for commenting

Rugrat wrote:

Any news about the Southern Football Association?

This is, 100%, EXACTLY what they JUST said. Seriously. Dr. Pepper just came on, said things weren't ready, and things will be up NEXT WEEK. Then you come in here asking for information.

Are you mad at me?

Last edited by Rugrat (6/21/2020 10:24 pm)

6/21/2020 11:14 pm  #372

Rugrat wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Any news about the Southern Football Association?

This is, 100%, EXACTLY what they JUST said. Seriously. Dr. Pepper just came on, said things weren't ready, and things will be up NEXT WEEK. Then you come in here asking for information.

Are you mad at me?

Come on, man. You've got an Admin, a Mod (who also started the thread), and now three other users to reprimand you for this. Please, be patient.

6/22/2020 9:29 am  #373

QCS wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Are you mad at me?

Come on, man. You've got an Admin, a Mod (who also started the thread), and now three other users to reprimand you for this. Please, be patient.

Ok I’m sorry. Please forgive me

6/25/2020 7:40 pm  #374

This is a day or two later than I had hoped to get this up, but better late than never. Hopefully it was a good lesson for some of us.
With that said, here's the long awaited '63-'64 season.

1963-64 NFA Season 

NFA East: 
1.Pittsburgh Ironmen:
tIn the Ironmen's last season in the Steel City, they picked up where they left off last season and stormed to the number 1 seed. Led by breakout star RB Joshua Barlow and a top tier defense, Pittsburgh silences any questions about last year potentially being a fluke. While some say they still may have over achieved, they come out on top of the odds to win it all this year.
2.New York Cannons:
The surprise of the season were the New York Cannons. Led by a young incredible defense, spearheaded by the likes of DE Greg Waterson and DT Tyree Matthews, the Cannons eclipsed their first postseason berth since 1959. On the other side of the ball, QB Jim Sandusky stepped up to have a solid season, with him was an incredible offensive line that gave up some of the least amount of sacks in the league, a great improvement to years past, and rookie RB Thomas O’Grady, who won MOR for his contributions.
3.Boston Gaels:
The most disappointing team this year were the Gaels. A team poised to finally make it over the hill and win a Champions Bowl. The Zephyrs were done, the Pirates were done, all they had to do was not fall apart, and well they couldn't do that. One year removed from his MVP season, QB Donald McCloud fails to repeat what he did last year and stumbles his way through this season. The rest of the offense played well however. Especially RB Stevie Parks who, despite McClouds let downs, almost pulled the Gaels to the postseason himself, having his best season in his career as of yet. The defense as always was solid, but the team only captured 7 wins in what will be known as a missed opportunity.
4.Baltimore Bulldogs:
The Bulldogs had a solid year, QB Grayson Little had a good second year in the States, becoming much more comfortable with the American game. He however has mostly not lived up to the expectations he had coming over. His days in the UCF where he was seen as a perennial talent have escaped him as he hasn't managed a winning season yet for the dogs. How much of it is his fault though is up for debate as the man in charge, Jim Crain, has failed to do much to put talent around him. The supporting cast, the running back and o-line are in the bottom of the league and the defense isn't as impressive as hoped. 
5.Washington Pirates:
Quite a disappointing season for a team hoping to strangle out one more postseason appearance out of its prime. QB Doug Emmonds is still fairly spry but the defense outside of a few bright spots really devolved this season. DE Monty Jones once again took home the MOD award but outside of him the defense felt weak, which was a shock for many. The team finished. 500 but in a season with post season aspirations, this is possibly the worst outcome. 
6.Cleveland Rangers:
A team who made big improvements from last year are the Rangers. While being stuck at 6 seems fought the team won 4 more games than last year and had a promising few games with rookie QB Kurtis Mueller. QB Ryle Hanson was still the starter but he played as mediocrely as in seasons past that led the team to experiment. The defense which had seemed washed up last year came back revitalized and much more intimidating, much like everyone surrounding the team. All in all a very promising season for Cleveland.
7.Philadelphia Hornets:
Coming out of the offseason Philly hoped that the trade for QB Burt O’Connor would help the team shift out of an era that clinged onto old success and start to rebuild them back into constant Champions Bowl contenders. What happened was not that. The team bombed, not just on the field either, but also off the field, apparent chemistry issues boiled over in the locker rooms and it clearly affected play. Coach Kenny Sanders was fired with 3 games left in the season and it's predicted that the rest of the coaching staff will get the boot or be reevaluated come this summer. Their one win came in way of a missed last minute field goal by the Rangers in Cleveland in week 4. 
NFA West: 
1.Minneapolis Blue Ox:
The Blue Ox pull out on top for the first time in team history thanks to QB Eugene Addams. In his first season in the Twin Cities, “The Hornet” led the Ox to a solid 8 wins, showing to be the winner of the blockbuster offseason trade. While not a career year in any margin, Addams still had a better season than O’Connor did in the previous two, and his increased quality of play really built up the quality around him; rookie RB Kent Ross came second in MOR voting, the defense led the West in many regards, and his wide receiver group was widely regarded as the best in the League.
2.Los Angeles Tigers:
Joining Minneapolis up top were the Tigers who finally managed a postseason appearance. On their way to breaking that 10 season streak, the Tigers saw QB Keith Lincoln pick up the MVP award for the team and second year RB Sam Peck come in 4th for the same award. The offense was the best in the NFA, putting up a lethal amount of points per game. The defense was a bit slacking however and a big reason for the five losses. If they want to win it all this year,  they better hope they can outrun anyone like they've shown throughout the season.
3.Detroit Bombers:
A bit of a surprise at third were the Bombers. Coming back after ending last season on a disastrous showing, Detroit manage to hold onto some of that excitement and fire power from seasons past. QB Houston Henderson had a solid year but it was clear that RB Charley Rodgers was now the leader of the team, coming second in MVP votes (followed by RB’s; Stevie Parks and Sam Peck and QB Pete Blair). The defense was also fairly impressive despite their age.
4.San Francisco Whales:
The Whales shocked many this season, after sitting in the basement for the entirety of their short history, they came out this season and started 3-0 and on top of the West. It didn't last long though,  as the offense started to really slow down and the losses piled up, but the potential was there. The defense stayed tight for most of the season, showing up big in big games against LA and Boston.
5.Chicago Zephyrs:
All the way down here at 5th place with their first losing record since 1954 were the Zephyrs. After ending last season on the high note that is a Champions Bowl victory, many predicted this fall to happen. But it almost didn't. The Zephyrs were in postseason contention for the better half of the season, but when QB Scott Hogg went down with an injury that made him miss 3 games, all of which Chicago lost, it was clear that hope was lost. The defense could be described as having seen better days, but it definitely wasn't the worst in the league. Thanks to the fall of the Zephyrs however there's a power vacuum in the West, allowing many to try and step up into the top spot.
6.Seattle Lumberjacks:
A disappointing season for the young Jacks. Not sure what happened but much of what was built last year, that foothold, was lost. QB Michael Bauer played down to his competition, the defense wasn't much better and the coaching staff seemed lost. The most exciting part of the season was the tie to the Ironmen in week one, which helped them climb to top 4 in the power rankings. After which they never would breach the top 6 again. The worst part of the team however was the rushing. RB Carson King had his worst season and the team had the least rushing yards per attempt in the league and seemingly fumbled and lost yardage more than they gained any.  

1963-64 NFA Standings: 
NFA East: 
1.Pittsburgh Ironmen: 9-2-1
2.New York Cannons: 9-2-1
3.Boston Gaels: 7-5-0
4.Baltimore Bulldogs: 6-6-0
5.Washington Pirates: 6-6-0
6.Cleveland Rangers: 5-7-0
7.Philadelphia Hornets: 1-11-0 
NFA West: 
1.Minneapolis Blue Ox: 8-4-0
2.Los Angeles Tigers: 7-4-1
3.Detroit Bombers: 7-5-0
4.San Francisco Whales: 5-7-0
5.Chicago Zephyrs: 4-8-0
6.Seattle Lumberjacks: 3-7-1 

The Most Valuable Player of the Year Award went to QB Keith Lincoln of the Los Angeles Tigers. 
The Most Outstanding Defender of the Year Award went to DE Monty Jones of the Washington Pirates. 
The Most Outstanding Rookie of the Year Award went to RB Thomas O’Grady of the New York Cannons. 
The Most Outstanding Coach of the Year Award went to Coach Emmett Petty of the Minneapolis Blue Ox.
C&C Appreciated.

6/25/2020 7:55 pm  #375

Ah..Fudge..C'mon on Gaels.

6/25/2020 8:20 pm  #376

Let's Go Blue Ox!
Solid season! I'm really hoping Addams and the rest of the squad can pull through in the playoffs and grab a championship.

6/25/2020 8:37 pm  #377

I fully expected the Z-Men to implode at some point and now it's time for their demise. Here's hoping that the Ironmen do well in their final season and prove that they should stay in Pittsburgh! (as unlikely as that already is)

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

6/26/2020 10:55 am  #378

Woah that is one heck of a wild season! Glad to see this is back! Going for Minnesota over Pittsburgh for the title

6/26/2020 11:29 am  #379

Way to go Ox!7.0.3

6/27/2020 3:08 pm  #380

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Finally, three of the franchises elected to hold a local “Name the Team” competition and are looking for people to give their ideas for the teams’ identities. Those teams are Houston, New Orleans, and Miami. In order participate in the contest, contestants must fill out the following information: 

Name:
Where your from:
Team name ideas:
Color scheme ideas: 

Are you still taking entries for this?

Board footera