Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/23/2023 2:13 am  #21

Re: Torland: Formula Twelve (F12)

I appreciate the great feedback everybody! I've updated the results graphic with team colors to hopefully make it easier to read in these early days. Definitely learning my way through this series so keep the feedback coming! I've also added a post-race report from new fictional writer Lando "Bones" Jones, which will give some highlights and thoughts on each race!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/29/2023 8:35 pm  #22

02. DOSA CITY
March 24-26 | Docktown Street Circuit

With the huge fanfare in San Jotapa to start the season, the turnout in Dosa City was decidedly smaller but 60,000 faithful showed up to support their favorite drivers. The Docktown Street Circuit is a slightly longer track than Sanjo, with vibes of modern Baku and a cross between Phoenix and Milwaukee (Editor's Note: I have given each track a modern F1 and NASCAR vibe comparison which I will use to help the reader get a sense of the style and feel of each one. These are not intended to be specific comparisons, only the general feel.) which incorporates various streets in Dosa City's famous Docktown District along the waterfront. The surfaces can be slick at times, especially in the later afternoon with the ocean air coming in stronger as tides roll in.

Race Report by Lando “Bones” Jones

The Parion team again looked like the fastest team with Nathan Najera (#9) winning pole position and finishing second for the second consecutive race and Giroux (#4) finishing in the top 10. The Amaya team made some furious adjustments between races and it paid off with Armando (#33) securing a #2 grid position and staying in the top five all race to ultimately break away in the late laps to cement their first podium and victory. The Alpite team fought hard with Jude daVilla (#2) battling against Cedrick Yanez (#66) for the bronze with daVilla finishing just ahead for Alpite's first podium. The Jasper Graig team saw Clint Curtiss (#5) rise from the 23rd position to finish 16th while teammate Danny Cathey (#10) continues to have bad luck, wasting a top 10 grid position to flame out on Lap 11. The Bolt Racing Club had a mixed bag with Nash (#6) finishing 12th but teammate Coyle (#3) losing control of his car on Lap 35. Massey's Andy Chapman (#41) and Dane Russo (#14) both had solid races, with Chapman finishing in the points at sixth place, same with STG as Martin Truong (#7) grabbed the final point while Chris Gates (#17) secured a top ten finish. The crowds at Dosa City were excellent even if they were smaller and it was a good second race to start the season.

Driver Points Top Five

16 – Nathan Najera (#9) – Parion
13 – Armando Amaya (#33) – Amaya
12 – Bobby Ackerman (#51) – AmElectro
10 – Wes Worthy Jr. (#01) – Worthy
8 – Jude daVilla (#2) – Alpite

Who is your favorite team/driver so far? All feedback on presentation and write up appreciated!

(Editor's note: The board is having some issues so some of the graphics are not resizing properly, hopefully it will be fixed soon. You can open the images in a new tab/window if they're cutting off.)

8/29/2023 8:59 pm  #23

It's a great start Steel. All the teams look good. I think I like the colour scheme of Massey, but I like the background of Amaya, however, I still haven't settled on any team officially.

As for some feedback. I think one thing that could be added for information is each drivers' starting position so that we can see how far they climbed or fell during the race. That often can help enhance the story of the race and trends throughout a weekend and season. Or you could even include qualifiers in a separate graphic or section of the post?

Also a language thing. If I am not mistaken, "pole position" is reserved for the driver that starts in the 1st grid position. In F1, a driver may have 23 pole positions in their career. Other positions are just grid positions. So "#2 pole position" isn't the proper terminology. 

Keep it up!

8/29/2023 9:20 pm  #24

Wallflower wrote:

It's a great start Steel. All the teams look good. I think I like the colour scheme of Massey, but I like the background of Amaya, however, I still haven't settled on any team officially.

As for some feedback. I think one thing that could be added for information is each drivers' starting position so that we can see how far they climbed or fell during the race. That often can help enhance the story of the race and trends throughout a weekend and season. Or you could even include qualifiers in a separate graphic or section of the post?

Also a language thing. If I am not mistaken, "pole position" is reserved for the driver that starts in the 1st grid position. In F1, a driver may have 23 pole positions in their career. Other positions are just grid positions. So "#2 pole position" isn't the proper terminology. 

Keep it up!

Thank you Mr. Flowers! Much appreciated! You are definitely right on the pole/grid language so I've updated that. I wasn't sure how big a role qualifiers would play into the series but it's definitely needed so I've reworked the results graphic a bit to show the grid. Hopefully that helps a bit along with a bit of the write up to give some flavor.

8/30/2023 2:17 am  #25

Let's go! Armando got first place in Dosa! He really has improved since the first race, let's see what Cardona has in store next race.

Go Amaya!

Fictional sports league and country fanatic

Board footera