Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2022 11:54 pm  #31

Re: The AltHL Season 2022

The Winnipeg Arrows and Milwaukee 48ers have agreed to a trade

The Arrows Receive: 
D Noah Hanifin & 2 legitimate (non-joke) NAAF prospects

The 48ers Receive:
F Patrick Kane

10/05/2022 10:55 pm  #32

Wallflower wrote:

The Winnipeg Arrows and Milwaukee 48ers have agreed to a trade

The Arrows Receive: 
D Noah Hanifin & 2 legitimate (non-joke) NAAF prospects

The 48ers Receive:
F Patrick Kane

Trade has been fulfilled, thanks Dan.

10/06/2022 4:51 am  #33

Good change comes at any time. I don’t see how a fair draft hurts any team if the spot was earned. I’ve not once ever seen a snake draft used for a league, especially two years into existence. In my mind, snake drafts shouldn’t exist outside of fantasy leagues that restart every year, for the sake of fairness. It should have been a normal draft for each league following year one. The way we have it now has a higher potential of creating a wealth gap.

10/06/2022 4:06 pm  #34

So one thing that I didn't understand last year that appears to be in place this year, why do we use this rule?
Position Eligibility

Other Roster Preferences

• Players are ONLY eligible at their initial Primary position: Yes

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (10/06/2022 4:06 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/06/2022 4:15 pm  #35

Dan O'Mac wrote:

So one thing that I didn't understand last year that appears to be in place this year, why do we use this rule?
Position Eligibility

Other Roster Preferences

• Players are ONLY eligible at their initial Primary position: Yes

Good question, I just adjusted it for us. Fantrax is beta testing that option for leagues and automatically added it to our rules when I renewed the league. 

10/06/2022 8:05 pm  #36

Almost Draft Time! 

I wanted to give you some updates of all of the work that has been going on behind the scenes this week. I appreciate your patience as we navigate a changing AltHL landscape. 

1.) Fantrax is up and running!

Everyone should have access to their AltHL team (except Timothy who needs to respond with his email). This includes QCS and Edge's switch of Charlotte and Denver, NoE's move to Ottawa, and Sevs acquisition of Detroit. 

2.) Draft Order has been created! 

Order of finish including the finish of the playoffs

3.) Snake Draft for one more year!

The draft style will stay the same this year according to the vote. But we will definitely think about switching to a fixed draft in leagues without rookie drafts moving forward. Someone please add this to the suggestion box form so we can bring it up during next year's AltHL's Owners Meetings. 

4.) Keepers have been uploaded!

They will be reflected on the day of the draft. 

5.) Schedule is official!

This season will be 22 weeks long (slightly shorter than last year). Every team will play their division rivals 2 times and will be play every other team once. 

6.) Saskatoon is officially a Western Conference Team

See you all tomorrow! 

10/07/2022 8:03 pm  #37

And that's a wrap! The 2022 AltHL Fantasy Draft concludes with the Charlotte Racers selecting 7 players, headlined by Goalie Frederik Andersen. Our other picks were W Blake Wheeler, C Brayden Schenn, W Matthew Boldy, W Alex Tuch, D Mark Giordano, and C Kent Johnson.

A new era of Charlotte Racers hockey begins this season. Charlotte native QCS takes control and they look to lead the Racers to the playoffs and beyond. The 2022 season opens on the Earnhardt Memorial Ice at Bank of America Garden against the 2020 champion Halifax Kingfishers. They will be wearing their black home jerseys to look to start the year with a win. #LightsOut

10/07/2022 10:57 pm  #38

The Boys in Green are raring to go back to the Playoffs, the Rovers are looking to expand upon a disappointing year after bowing out of the First Round to the eventual champions...AGAIN.

The Rovers welcome an infusion of New Blood in Brad Marchand, Nazem Kadri, Tony DeAngelo and Andrei Kuzmenko.

10/07/2022 11:21 pm  #39

Welcome back everyone! Wait, we're not all here? We added six teams last year, but contracted six this year? Weird. Either way, the 48ers are back, starting this season in Milwaukee in the one-and-only Manpower Arena. We're going to start our standard home browns against our rival Loons. Showing off these jerseys? Our star free agent signing! Is he a Center? Is he a Wing? I DON'T KNOW! It's Steven Stamkos, everyone!

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (10/07/2022 11:36 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/07/2022 11:26 pm  #40

Word on the street is things are getting pretty serious in Halifax, evidenced by this super ominous graphic. (except Zuccs, that guy is a trip) Introducing your 2022-23 Halifax Kingfishers!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

Board footera