Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/01/2022 11:37 am  #21

Re: The AltHL Season 2022

I am finalizing the keeper lists today. I will also be reaching out to the teams who have not responded to the roll call. If don't here back to them we will look to fill those slots. If you are interested in owning a team please email me. 

10/01/2022 2:57 pm  #22

Count me in. The Pack hunts once more.

10/02/2022 9:51 pm  #23

Thank you all for your patience. As you'll see below our roll call has caused a bit of a shake up. 

This is the Alt Universe Hockey Week. We are currently working our way through the AltCAA Hockey draft. Now we are going to be taking care of our keepers and draft for the AltHL. Here are some of the updates and logistics that we need to work through. If you have any questions please reach out to me. 

1.) 2022 / 2023 Teams - Currently the teams above the line are the teams that have answered the roll call. The teams below the line are either people who haven't responded or have responded letting me know that they will not be returning. 

2.) Last Call to Roll Call - if you for some reason haven't seen any of the notifications I will give you until Wednesday to reach out and claim your spot. On Wednesday I will be opening the list of 'unclaimed teams' up to interested potential owners. 

3.) Possible New Owners - If you are interested in switching teams OR joining the AltHL please reach out to me and send me your top 3 choices of the teams below the line. Remember that if you choose to switch teams you will keep the roster of your new team. 

4.) Alignment - We will try our hardest to make sure that we end up with an even number of teams. We will also try to keep our three conferences in tact and even. If for some reason the teams that are selected are imbalanced we will figure that out. 

5.) Keepers - Linked below is the AltHL database and the 2022 Keepers. Thanks to a very lucrative year (and because so many teams are not returning) we are increasing the league salary cap to $75. All player salaries who were kept last year have increased by $2. Players taken in last year's draft (first rounders $5, second $4, etc.). The reason the keepers took so long was that we had a decent amount of trades last year so I had to trace the salaries back to their source. All other picked up players are worth $1. 

Keepers will be due on Wednesday, October 5 

Official AltHL Database

Feel free to download your own version of the keeper sheet. Once you have your keeper list prepared, EMAIL them to me please. The reason for the emailing is because people like to communicate with me on Discord, the forum and email. I like email for the official things to be done over email. It's easier for me to keep things organized. If you have any adjustments that need to be made please reach out to me. 

I will be renewing the league on Wednesday and will send the invites to the new owners at that point. I will then be uploading the keepers to the Fantrax site on Thursday. The Keepers will be available to see in the Database on Wednesday night. 

6.) The Draft - We are trying to avoid a Saturday draft his year. We are going to decide between Friday and Monday. The advantage of Monday is that gives us time to get the new owners organized and take care of a few other logistics such as more time to see available players. Friday's advantage was what we originally had suggested. To help us please fill out this 1-question survey. Please check off Friday, Monday or both of them. I will close this poll by the end of Monday so everyone can make plans. 

Draft Time Survey

If you have any questions please let me know. 

10/03/2022 12:00 pm  #24

Gritty, I'm not returning this year unfortunately. Please see my previous post.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

10/03/2022 12:23 pm  #25

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Gritty, I'm not returning this year unfortunately. Please see my previous post.

Yep I know. Ottawa will definitely still be in the league this year that's why there logo is included.

10/04/2022 4:48 pm  #26

Gritty, I didn't see it said anywhere so I want to clarify. In the past, we started 2 C and 4 W. On the Keeper Sheet, those positions aren't listed, just F. Are we doing away with C/W and moving to just F, or are we retaining the C/W? And if moving to F, can I assume it's 6 total, same as we had for starters in the past?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/04/2022 5:35 pm  #27

AltHL Updates

1.) Draft Date and Time - It was tight but we are going to have our draft on FRIDAY, OCTOBER 7 @ 8 PM ET. 

2.) Positions - @Dan O'Mac - it was just the fastest way to get the keepers completed. the lineups are not changing. 

3.) Draft Style - It was suggested for us to take a look at the draft style for the AltHL. I present a quick poll with three options. Option A - Keep it as it has been - traditional snake draft with a draft order determined by the standings of the previous year. Option B - Make it a fixed draft, so the worst team picks first every round. Option C - fixed draft but we reverse the draft order in the fourth round. 

The reason for this possible shift would be to help weaker teams turn things around sooner. I will close this poll on Thursday. 

SURVEY

4.) Keepers Formula - There was a human error bug in the keeper calculator on the sheet. For some teams a few of the player's salaries weren't included in the formula. So if you were depending on that to do the math of your keepers it may be off a little bit. The salary cap of $75 was determined based on the faulty number so I am increasing your caps to $85 to reflect the change. Once again please email me your keepers by Wednesday night. 

5.) Team Information - Take a second to revisit the database and see if any changes need to be made in terms of your head coach, arena or farm clubs. 

If you have any questions please let me know. I'll have the google sheet updated with keepers WEDNESDAY night, and I'll be setting up the Fantrax site on Thursday. 

From the looks of it we'll have a good amount of talent on the board on Friday night. 

10/04/2022 6:43 pm  #28

I'm very much in-favor of switching to a fixed draft and I'd like it if we did the same for every draft in every league going forward with the exception of the AltFL's Free Agency draft and the AltBA's upcoming redraft. The reason for this is that a snake draft is meant to keep things fair - perfectly reasonable when everyone is picking players for the first time or have been randomly assigned draft positions - but when the explicit purpose of the draft is to help weaker teams improve by giving them better picks, then the balancing of a snake draft becomes a weakness and the balance is shifted to the better teams that have picks close to each other. As it stands now it's very hard for a team that's doing poorly to improve itself without mortgaging its future and making a risky move so I hope we adopt this standard for all leagues moving forward.

10/04/2022 7:04 pm  #29

I don't like changing the draft format literally days before the actual draft. This is something that needed to be decided earlier in the offseason with more time for people to debate and weigh in on the issue. We're already on a serious time crunch on this league and there's precious little time to change plans or edit rosters. As it is, the salary cap has already changed twice.

I'm not against a fixed plan moving forward but this needs to be decided earlier.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/04/2022 8:49 pm  #30

Yeah, to sort of echo the above comments, I mostly just want the draft to be consistent across the board. I've already voted for keeping the snake draft, but I wouldn't mind switching to a fixed draft in all leagues if that's what people prefer. For now, though, I'm with Steel in that we shouldn't change the format so close to draft time. If we were gonna do this, we needed to get started on this conversation a lot earlier (same with the AltBA merger).

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera