Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/04/2019 9:56 pm  #21

Re: Federation Mondiale de Hockey sur Glace (CHL 5/24; Regina Steers)

My favorite part about Edmonton is that secondary logo. I am in the minority who prefers the time period where they were pushing those types of logos or the one with the worker, hell even the Todd McFarlane metal drop logo. Maybe it was the navy and copper that I liked. Back on the topic, I think it is pretty cool how you incorporate the only time in their history they stepped away from their traditional look.

8/05/2019 7:16 pm  #22

The Shockers are cool, but I feel like it's an overload of yellow. I think if the green was utilized a little more it'd feel more complete. The wheat stripes are dope, but maybe if the yoke was a different color or style they wouldn't clash as much. I thought everything else worked well for a unique brand.

The Oilers look great. I think I'd prefer a thicker number font choice but it works. I dig the re-addition of the secondary logo. Nice work.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/14/2019 2:16 pm  #23

I hope this thread isn't dead.

8/15/2019 8:46 pm  #24

RightGuard wrote:

I hope this thread isn't dead.

Sorry everyone. My summer was wrapping up, and I had a lot of responsibilities to tend to before I went back to school, and so my time to work on this has been very slim.

Good news though, I'm already in the process of working on the next few teams, and something I think would be interesting if you guys could potentially assist in naming them.

The next team I plan to post is Regina, and I have a name for them, but I'm looking for suggestions for these teams:

• Sudbury
  • Oshawa
  • Barrie
  • Kitchener
  • Sherbrooke
  • St. John's (sort of...already have a few ideas forming but I want to see if there's anything else)

Thanks for your patience, I hope to have Regina up by this weekend!

8/15/2019 11:00 pm  #25

Sudbury Nickels
Oshawa Pistons
Barrie Foresters
Kitchener Brewers
Sherbrooke Owls
St. John's Growlers

8/18/2019 9:04 pm  #26

FINALLY got this out!

This was actually one of the first identities I came up with for this series. I had an ultimately unreleased basketball team concept called the Kansas City Steers. It didn't go anywhere but I liked the idea so I kept it.

Color scheme is a crimson/orange combo, with a bull's head as the logo with an RS branded on the forehead. 

Went for a bit of an unorthodox uniform style, with diagonal stripes and shoulder numbers.

Sorry for the hiatus; I hope to get the next team out by Wednesday. Thoughts?

Board footera