Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/17/2022 12:34 pm  #31

Re: AltBA Season 2022

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Making a suggestion here and not in the suggestion box because of the quick turnaround time: can the redraft at least be a fixed draft rather than a snake draft? That way the teams that were better last year would actually be better in a material sense.

Yep, the top teams are just being punished for being good with a snake.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/17/2022 2:21 pm  #32

I want to be pedantic after the AltHL and throw out the "it's too close to the draft to make changes".... but seriously, this makes sense. It made sense to do a fixed draft for the AltHL. It makes sense for the AltFL Rookie Draft. It makes sense for the AltLB. But in relation to the AltBA, the teams that were good last season SHOULD be good again this season, as in real life.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/17/2022 3:55 pm  #33

As it stands in Fantrax, last year's good teams are actively being punished, as the draft is not even a snake, but a fixed draft where the first round is by last year's standings, but every round after that is in reverse standings order. This hampers competition in the same way as a fixed draft where better teams pick sooner, but thoroughly disrespects last year's top teams in a way that can't be shoulder-shrugged off. SOMETHING must change.

10/17/2022 4:11 pm  #34

And before we kick off the season with the draft, Week 18 of the AltBA schedule!

10/17/2022 4:49 pm  #35

QCS wrote:

And before we kick off the season with the draft, Week 18 of the AltBA schedule!

I think my favorite part of my schedule is where I end the season on a 4 game road swing starting from my home game in Seattle, then going from Baltimore to Honolulu to New York to Vancouver. Frequent flier miles, baby!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/17/2022 4:55 pm  #36

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I think my favorite part of my schedule is where I end the season on a 4 game road swing starting from my home game in Seattle, then going from Baltimore to Honolulu to New York to Vancouver. Frequent flier miles, baby!

If there's one goal I have when making the schedules, it's racking up frequent flier miles. American Airlines pays me well.

10/17/2022 9:48 pm  #37

Well, that certainly was a draft!

The Seattle Emeralds are looking forward to welcoming the Los Angeles Olympians to Dick's Coliseum to open the new arena. Aside from the jerseys being the same, the team looks completely different! We have better guards now, I think. Speaking of which, we're going to be rocking out our Stratus jerseys, named after the clouds that so frequently rain upon this Emerald City. Showing them off is our first draft pick from this year, guard Trae Young!

10/17/2022 9:52 pm  #38

Are we doing Knockout for the AltBA fir the first time ever? YOU BET WE ARE! This season, you'll need to fill out everything on a Google Form and pick THE WINNER of every single game. Hey, that sounds just like the AltFL and AltHL Knockouts. Well, that's because it is the same! The person with the worst record on picks FOR THAT WEEK is eliminated! This should allow it to go longer into the season. It can then also include the playoffs if enough people are participating! Exclamation points because excitement! The lone tiebreaker is: how many points will the highest scoring team have. If multiple people tie with the worst predictions, the person farthest from that total will be the one eliminated. So... LET'S DO THIS!

Due date to submit picks is 11:59pm Eastern on Tuesday every week. Since I just posted today, this week you get a bonus day and your one week only deadline is 11:59pm on Wednesday, October 12th. If you forget to submit picks, you will automatically be eliminated.

CLICK THIS LINK TO ACCESS THE PREDICTION FORM!

10/17/2022 10:50 pm  #39

The Albuquerque Invaders are back, and this time, we're invading the Eastern Conference! Unfortunately, the league screwed us out of superstar The Bronze Age The Bomb Bay Gerard Way LeBron James, who will be playing on a team other than the Invaders for the first time in his career*. We're ready to run it back with C Joel Embiid and a somewhat-familiar but also somewhat-new cast of characters. We're taking on our new divisionmates in Den Ver in week 1, and we'll be wearing our standard white home jerseys. #OutOfThisWorld #QuerqBoys #DENvsABQ

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/18/2022 2:05 am  #40

Basketball is back, baby! The Queen City returns to the AltBA to take on new challengers with a refreshed team led by none other than Kevin Durant. The Flyers open their season on the road against their divisional rivals, the New Orleans Revelers. Of course, the Flyers will don their blue road uniforms to open the season. #TakeFlight

Board footera