Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/03/2022 6:47 am  #1

Assistance Quandary

Hello all, hopefully you are well when you find this. I am new to this site, but not necessarily to the world of concepts/alternate history. Without going into a seriously drawn out book, I have Adult ADHD, and this has led me to create several concept teams and or leagues over the years.

At any rate, I currently lack the skills and or equipment to put my latest concepts into a visual perspective instead of just day-dreamt thoughts. Would there be anyone willing or able to assist me in this matter? If not that’s okay, and if this post/ topic isn’t appropriate, I apologize. I look forward to hearing from you guys and gals with any advice you may have.

-T

7/03/2022 11:11 am  #2

Re: Assistance Quandary

Hey there, welcome to the boards! Always glad to see a new face start a series. As for creating teams, I suggest giving it a go yourself! There are three good, free vector programs that I recommend. GIMP and Inkscape are free programs that you can download while Gravit is a browser-based program, so you can access it on any computer and keep the same work across it all. All three programs have users across the boards so you can create great logos with any of them.

You can only get the skills to create great logos if you practice and at the end of the day visuals aren't a focus on the site. I look forward to seeing what you can come up with!

7/03/2022 2:31 pm  #3

Thanks QCS! I’ll check those out! Hopefully I’ll have my work up before too long for you all to enjoy

7/03/2022 8:45 pm  #4

Hey, to echo what QCS has already said, we've had quite a few people such as yourself recently get into various levels of graphic design with the help of the community and it has been super positive for everyone. It's much easier to assist a new designer if they're putting in some work, however rough at first, and help them hone their skills with live feedback and tips. You could also join our community Discord where it's easier to share and diagnose designs in real time with the community.

You honestly don't need to become a professional designer, just enough ability to be able to create custom logos and accessory graphics are super helpful when presenting a fictional series. We welcome all skill levels here. And plus, if you've got a vision and a rough design, sometimes it's a good opportunity for others to help you out, whereas asking someone to design a whole series for you can be challenging and laborious.

As always, don't hesitate to ask any and all questions. That's why we're here!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

Board footera