Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/12/2022 3:43 pm  #131

Re: AltLB Season - 2022

Man, it must be nice over there in the American League, knowing who you're going to play in the first round well in advance. We in Vegas had to wait until 02:30 CCDT (Canon Coast Daylight Time) to figure that out. Hopefully we can take advantage of the Saints' having flown from Oakland to New York only to find out that they then had to fly back to Las Vegas. In any case, this will be a revenge game for the Atoms, as we lost to Montréal all the way back in Week 05. While our teams may look very different now, our uniforms will look the same, as we break out the black jerseys once again. Featured this week is superutilityman Christian Arroyo, who can play just about anywhere - just don't put him in right field.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/12/2022 5:27 pm  #132

Welcome to the first ever AltLB Playoffs. The field is set. The drama was in the National League where there was a 3-way time for the final two spots. The first tie breaker in this scenario is the # of categories won. Then Montreal defeats Oakland in the next tiebreaker (head2head) to get the third spot. Here is the bracket for this year...

9/19/2022 11:26 am  #133

Man, what is it with the NL and ties? We had a tie at the end of the regular season, and now we've had a tie in the first round. Personally, I try to stay away from ties because I find them uncomfortable and I can never remember how to do a Windsor knot anyway. Thanks to their home field advantage, New York has moved on from their tie with Oakland, and the Atoms get to face them this week. It'll be a continuation of the Atoms' playoff revenge tour; just like we lost to the Saints in the regular season, we lost to the Blackbirds as well, and if we beat them, we lost to both remaining AL teams too. It's been going well so far, and hopefully we can continue the momentum from our 08-02 win last week. We haven't spotlighted relief pitching in a while, so here's RP/OF Brandon Hughes. #UpAndAtom

Last edited by ItDoesntMatter (9/19/2022 11:29 am)

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/19/2022 4:59 pm  #134

9/19/2022 6:14 pm  #135

Baseball Stickman made a surprise (and somewhat strange, considering his previous behavior in Oklahoma City still had him on their local authorities' most wanted list) return to the public eye today with a simple announcement while speaking in a clearly fake Arnold Schwarzenegger accent. 

"They bet against us last weeks against Squirrelly and the Chipmunks!   They bet against us against Nuke-U-Ler boys this weeks!!!   They probably bet against us against Funky Monks and Mike Bison team next weeks!!!" (Editor's Quote: We believe Squirrelly and the Chipmunks refers to the Oakland Squirrels, Nuke-U-Ler boys to the Las Vegas Atoms, Funky Monks to the Detroit Deacons and Mike Bison team to the OKC Bison) 

"But me tells this NOW!    New York Blackbirdies wins again!!!!  I has TRAIL-PARK PSYCHICS and SCIENCE that tell me so!  Then respect us, you SHALL!!!!!!!"  

The police arrived to take him into custody.

"OH NOES!!!!   I gotta........ GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!   I climax speech later!   I'LL BE RETURN!!!"   (Editor's Note: Yes, he really did misquote the bloody obvious Terminator reference.   This is why he'll a failed actor).  He screamed as he jumped into an actual helicopter (that somehow nobody noticed due to his insane ramblings) and escaped.   

"ALSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Stickman screamed while flying away, "WE WEAR BLACKBIRD PINSTRIPES!!!!!!!!!!!!    BECAUSE THAT LOOKS DOOOOOOOOOOOPE!!!!!!!" 

That is all.

Last edited by Stickman (9/19/2022 6:15 pm)

9/19/2022 9:46 pm  #136

A DAN O'MAC TEAM  HAS ADVANCED THROUGH THE FIRST ROUND! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

We got past the Condors in the revenge game, and now have to avoid being the victims of the revenge game as we host the Detroit Deacons. We look to advance past the second round for the first time, and we wear the home creams, featuring third baseman Manny Machado!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/26/2022 10:43 am  #137

The Bison win the pennant! With a dominating 8.5-1.5 win over the Deacons, the Oklahoma City Bison advance to the Alt Series against the Las Vegas Atoms. We went to their crater last month and came away with the win. Now we host them at Cox Ballpark for all the marbles. The Bison will be wearing their home creams, showcased as the jerseys were for the Fields of the Future game by top hitter Kyle Schwarber. #WeAreOK

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (10/02/2022 10:56 am)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/26/2022 12:09 pm  #138

Huh, who put that there? Everybody knows you're not supposed to put text on a flag.

Somehow, the Las Vegas Atoms have made it to the Alt World Series. Despite a team batting average of .168, a team ERA of 5.70, and a team WHIP of 1.606, the Atoms survived a nail-biting matchup with the New York Blackbirds to capture the first NL pennant of the modern era. 1B Pete Alonso made me break my rule of not featuring players twice, as thanks to a clutch, late-inning two-run home run and an even clutcher, even-later-inning three-RBI double, the Atoms took a late lead and never looked back. (Honorable mentions to utility infielder Kim Ha-seong for scoring two just-as-important runs late in the game, as well as to the rain in New York which ended the game three innings early. Talk about road-field advantage.) Naturally, as the Atoms continue their revenge tour against the Bison, they'll also continue to wear their black jerseys. #UpAndAtom

10/04/2022 6:08 pm  #139

Has the World Series been played yet?

10/04/2022 6:21 pm  #140

teeray01 wrote:

Has the World Series been played yet?

I believe it will end Wednesday, just like the MLB season. So, in short, it is currently being played.

Board footera