Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/24/2022 8:46 am  #51

Re: Welcome to PUCH

a hockey team in detroit that wears royal blue and silver and takes inspiration from ford for the shape of their logo? where have I seen this before...

wait a minute. where have I seen this post before...

anyway, great stuff on this most recent batch! I'm a big fan of the monarques' purparoon color, and I think ohio would make for a very solid blue jackets set lol. hyped for team 10

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/24/2022 8:59 am  #52

I assume this isn't in the AltBA universe, because Ohioans would hate having a team that visually was similar to the Detroit Mustangs in colors (similar, not identical I should point out).

That said, I really like the set. It seems busier than needed, but that's part of the story too, so all in all, good stuff.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/24/2022 4:40 pm  #53

QCS wrote:

I'm actually really digging Ohio Republic! I thought that white was cream at first and honestly I think it could use it at some point. Looking forward to the last team!

A Steel series without cream? Say it ain't so!

IDM wrote:

anyway, great stuff on this most recent batch! I'm a big fan of the monarques' purparoon color, and I think ohio would make for a very solid blue jackets set lol. hyped for team 10

Thanks! I think you'll dig the next one.

Dan wrote:

I assume this isn't in the AltBA universe, because Ohioans would hate having a team that visually was similar to the Detroit Mustangs in colors (similar, not identical I should point out).

That said, I really like the set. It seems busier than needed, but that's part of the story too, so all in all, good stuff.

This series is not in the same universe as AltSports. However, all real life teams and leagues will exist.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/24/2022 5:30 pm  #54

The Terrible Tenth and Final Commandment

Mr. Edward Earl Emerson seemed to visibly brace himself as he took a huge breath and strode back to the green room for the last new owner.

Narwhal will be located in Boston, Massachusetts and play their home games at the iconic Lantern Place which seats 5,500. Narwhal will be sponsored by General Electric. The club will be owned by Boston's favorite prodigal son, “Mad” Mac McDermott. A prestigious family of doctors, lawyers, preachers, and professors, the McDermotts were shocked and appalled when their youngest son Malcolm decided to drop out of Harvard and join a local mob group. He rapidly created a larger-than-life reputation as “Mad Mac” and was soon running and gunning most of the dark side of Boston. McDermott has recently cleaned up his act on the public side and has been investing in legitimate business ventures around Boston. However, Mad Mac is still an angry dude and is prone to inciting violence and treating business meetings like mob shakedowns. Nobody is quite sure how many bodies he has on his resume but nobody really wants to find out.

Coaching for Narwhal will be Mitch MacEntyre, 48, a former lieutenant of McDermott who happens to be an excellent teacher of sports and athletics but typically can't handle the stress of coaching and game-time decisions. Fortunately he will be assisted by two other former cronies in 32-year-old Ryan Raines, who is as loud and boisterous as they come, and Tim Tackett, 55, who happens to be good at coaching young players.

The identity for Narwhal will center around a white narwhal set in a roundel ring. The narwhal is supposed to be in the vague shape of a lowercase B, but Mac was suspect that Emerson was just placating him. The team will go with a green, black, white, and gray color scheme. The uniforms will feature upper sleeve panels and inset double stripes and classic numbers. Both sets will be paired with black pants.

With that, Emerson quietly waited until McDermott slowly left the stage and disappeared behind the curtain before heading back to the podium.

And there we have it! The inaugural ten clubs and identities. To follow will be a post with league details and a form to cast your allegiance.

C&C always appreciated! Rank your favorite clubs and which ones you will love to root against.

3/24/2022 5:49 pm  #55

And there we have it! All ten inaugural PUCH clubs.

There will be a draft lottery which will determine draft order for the inaugural draft. Emerson has culled prospects from all over the world to join his new league and he hopes to provide a fair and balanced dispersal of talent to give each club an equal chance. This is also your chance to create a scout and provide potential prospects for the new league.

Your scout name must be alliterative. Players names do not need to be alliterative. Since this is not a league on the NHL level, I would prefer prospects from more local regions to the current PUCH clubs. Bear in mind this is the early 80's so very few players would be from atypical hockey markets as of yet. I will accept some international players as well. Feel free to be creative. If you couldn't tell already, I will accept most or some cheekiness as it adds to the PUCH mystique. Anything crass or gross won't be tolerated.

The first post will be regularly updated with links and such, but here is the form as well.

So you wanna be a scout?

Click here for the PUCH Scouting HQ form on Google. Get scouting!

Next: Choose Your Club!

3/24/2022 6:06 pm  #56

It's Time for You to Choose a Club!

With PUCH preparing to kickoff soon, it's time for the fans to cast their allegiance and choose which club they will support. Fan supporters will have opportunities to vote on various team situations, direction, scenarios, etc as they come up.

For now, each club will initially have an opportunity to give their opinion on a direction for their new club which will help set the early tone for team roster decisions in drafting and free agency.

Click here for the PUCH Fan Initiation form on Google.

Team Signatures:

I'm also happy to make custom sigs on a request basis. Please PM me.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions about these teams or the league! I'm excited to present this series and also receive input and feedback from the community.

3/24/2022 6:15 pm  #57

And last but certainly not least, introducing the PUCH Fan Center HQ!

This is your one-stop shop for all things related to each PUCH club, including full rosters, team information, contract situations, voting forms, additional links, and prospect pipelines. Because who doesn't love a good spreadsheet? Certainly Mr. Emerson does.

If you have chosen a club and submitted your allegience, you may use the voting link on your team's roster page to vote on the current scenario for your club. (If you are not a member of the club, your vote will not count) Get voting!

This spreadsheet will be for the fan side of things so everyone can follow along. All league operations will still be conducted privately and any relevant info will be updated in the Fan Center as needed.

Click here for the PUCH Fan Center HQ on Google.

3/24/2022 7:41 pm  #58

I gotta give my allegiance to Motown, but all the teams look amazing.

3/24/2022 7:57 pm  #59

Just noticing this and everyone looks spot on! I ultimately went with Ohio because A) They look pretty good and B) I have roots there so go Republic!

3/24/2022 10:32 pm  #60

Steelman wrote:

And there we have it! All ten inaugural PUCH clubs.

There will be a draft lottery which will determine draft order for the inaugural draft. Emerson has culled prospects from all over the world to join his new league and he hopes to provide a fair and balanced dispersal of talent to give each club an equal chance. This is also your chance to create a scout and provide potential prospects for the new league.

Your scout name must be alliterative. Players names do not need to be alliterative. Since this is not a league on the NHL level, I would prefer prospects from more local regions to the current PUCH clubs. Bear in mind this is the early 80's so very few players would be from atypical hockey markets as of yet. I will accept some international players as well. Feel free to be creative. If you couldn't tell already, I will accept most or some cheekiness as it adds to the PUCH mystique. Anything crass or gross won't be tolerated.

The first post will be regularly updated with links and such, but here is the form as well.

So you wanna be a scout?

Click here for the PUCH Scouting HQ form on Google. Get scouting!

Next: Choose Your Club!

Could it be possible to submit more than one prospect from the same user?

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

Board footera