Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/13/2020 10:44 am  #631

Re: Torland Hockey League: THL 2.0

You forgot to recolor a bit of blue near the Kodiak’s eye. Or was that supposed to be intentional? 😏

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

9/13/2020 11:12 am  #632

I'll miss you two, Keenan and Gerry... 

Edison, Byron, and the Hall of Fame will be calling your names very soon... (I'll also miss Ferdy, but not nearly as much as two-thirds of the Big Three.) Speaking of which, given how many great players have retired in the last few years, I have a feeling we're gonna be seeing a major Hall of Fame ballot logjam that will take several years - possibly the rest of the decade and maybe a bit of the 90s - to clear up.

Also, I just wish the THL banned Adam Oreskovich (and all the other perpetrators in the heroin scandal of '77) for life. He does NOT deserve another shot at the big league, IMHO. At least the Falcons aren't leaving the Sava Side any time soon.

On a happier note, I dig the new Kirkenport jerseys! I can see why the purists are pissed off about them, but it's a perfect look for the time period that we're in and I hope they last a good, long time. (You misspelt Biggo's last name on the away jersey, though.) Also, shame on Kirlow for trading blue for red.

P.S. Keep Dimitri Ranko in Port Alrene!

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

9/13/2020 1:59 pm  #633

With Geno coming back and a nice pickup in Oreskovich I've got high hopes for this season

The updates are all nice, I'm a big fan of the Kodiaks going to brown and red but I'll echo the others in saying the eye should be red. I like the Killers dropping green and simplifying the logo. Their home uniform is perfect, but I'll once again agree with the others and say that the color balance seems a bit off on the away. I would suggest changing the coloring on the arms to better match the hem stripes going b-r-y-r-b

Go Falcons!

9/13/2020 7:42 pm  #634

Thanks for the feedback guys, always much appreciated.

So the blue eye was actually intentional, I wanted it to be a sort of a team accident/turned iconic/homage to their old uniforms thing, but perhaps it just doesn't look good. I'll post a change with a red eye.

For the Killers, I know the away sweater is imbalanced, but that was actually purposeful for this set. I wanted to have a set that had a fantastic home sweater (in my opinion at least) and a less good away sweater. I noticed that occasionally that happens when teams unveil new looks. You'll see Kurohara update that away sweater in a season or two. It was actually kind of challenging to design a good design with a subpar one, so that was interesting. I should have explained that a bit more.

@IDM: Now that you said it, I could definitely see that design in Prestonburg. Maybe they'll have to rip them off in the 90's or something.

@Bubba: Yeah, you're right. Lots of deserving players now after 20+ years of play, the biggest issue will be the voters who have some tough choices.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/13/2020 9:30 pm  #635

Aw nuts. No Cooperals... new looks still look very nice, though I do echo the statement on the Kodiak eye.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

9/13/2020 11:16 pm  #636

Here's an update with the red eye.

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Aw nuts. No Cooperals... new looks still look very nice, though I do echo the statement on the Kodiak eye.

I've been thinking about doing something wacky like Cooperalls but I can't bring myself to do long pants. I just hate how it looks.

9/14/2020 10:45 am  #637

Captains: I like the return to of the Captain's cap logo a lot!  That was always one of the classic logos you had!  While I'm not a huge fan of the curved shoulders, we are at that point where teams are going to start getting crazy with the designs, and it doesn't look that bad, so it's fine.  I do like the number outlines and shoulder stripe increase!  Nice job!

Kodiaks: While I did enjoy the blue and brown a lot, (very underused color set), I can't deny that the brown and red is a huge improvement, rabid death bear and all!  One question, is the circle behind the bear head supposed to be half red and half brown?  I noticed that the old uniform seemed to have the circle being all blue.  No biggie at all, just was curious.

Killers: Another improvement!  While some hate the yellow focused away jersey, I kinda like where this could be going.   They could consider going even more yellow focused on the away jersey and pull a New York Giants, (where their home set is clearly a primarily blue design, while the away strangely seems more red based).  You could make the pants yellow to help the color balancing while giving them a pretty unique take on their uniforms!  

Overall, great job as always!

Last edited by Stickman (9/14/2020 10:45 am)

9/14/2020 4:22 pm  #638

Stickman wrote:

Captains: I like the return to of the Captain's cap logo a lot!  That was always one of the classic logos you had!  While I'm not a huge fan of the curved shoulders, we are at that point where teams are going to start getting crazy with the designs, and it doesn't look that bad, so it's fine.  I do like the number outlines and shoulder stripe increase!  Nice job!

Kodiaks: While I did enjoy the blue and brown a lot, (very underused color set), I can't deny that the brown and red is a huge improvement, rabid death bear and all!  One question, is the circle behind the bear head supposed to be half red and half brown?  I noticed that the old uniform seemed to have the circle being all blue.  No biggie at all, just was curious.

Killers: Another improvement!  While some hate the yellow focused away jersey, I kinda like where this could be going.   They could consider going even more yellow focused on the away jersey and pull a New York Giants, (where their home set is clearly a primarily blue design, while the away strangely seems more red based).  You could make the pants yellow to help the color balancing while giving them a pretty unique take on their uniforms!  

Overall, great job as always!

Thanks, Stickman! Yeah, just wait for the 90's. It's gonna get weird

"Rabid death bear" -- ROFL, thanks for that. Yeah, on the circle, with the way the logo is shaped, I felt it was better to just color in that whole side to streamline it.

Interesting idea on yellow pants. That would probably look awful, but it's the 80's and almost 90's so it could definitely happen. I think this team hasn't quite decided what they are; black and yellow or black and orange, or orange and yellow which will probably continue creating inconsistent looks like these. They were originally more orange but the recent highlighting of yellow muddies the waters.

9/14/2020 7:16 pm  #639

Those Kurohara jerseys are fantastic, especially the blacks. Those would pop so well in real life. Well done!

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

9/14/2020 8:25 pm  #640

Kurohara Killers: The more updates on both the logo and the jerseys the more I love them.

Kirlow Kodiaks: The colors works very well with both the logo and the jerseys.

Kirkenport Captains: It's good to see the Cap logo again, the jerseys are a nice update too.

Board footera