Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/22/2020 8:53 am  #541

Re: Torland Hockey League: THL 2.0

The merger finally happens! Glad to see the four I predicted made it in. Hopefully the Kings and Bucks can coexist in the Bancana metro, though it'll be easier with only two teams. The updates all look great, the Swans will probably become my second team.

6/22/2020 9:12 am  #542

Love the story, I like all the looks for the teams coming in. And it looks like now they're officially in, I would like to request a Blazers sig at your convenience. 

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/22/2020 9:33 am  #543

Hoping for a Kings-Bucks rivalry! Now I have 3 teams to cheer for, the Kodiaks Bucks and Killers

Last edited by Rugrat (6/22/2020 1:17 pm)

6/22/2020 10:51 am  #544

Glad to see the merger went well (more or less)! Really liking the new looks, especially the quirkiness of Bancana's whole deal. Really feeling the new Prestonburg logo too, although three hypocycloids in one logo kinda feels like too much.

6/22/2020 11:11 am  #545

That's a good read! Very interesting to see all the qualms and frustrations with the merger. Was a bit surprised they even merged after all the rejections. I love the new identities, Bancana's a big upgrade, although it might be a touch too modern maybe. Prestonburg looks great too, probably the best color scheme in the league. 
I'm very intrigued in all the potential relocations. The Neptunes, Kodiaks, and Falcons all potentially on the copping block? What are the potential destinations if they do move? All three of them have been pretty successful so it'll be interesting to see the fanbase reaction as well.

6/22/2020 11:31 am  #546

I predict the Neptunes will move because they can never stay in one city for too long.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/22/2020 12:25 pm  #547

Controversial thought, but I think all franchises stay put. Yubay’s tradition and longevity in the city will prove to incent a local buyer, Narva’s recent success should have drawn enough interest from the city to keep them there, and Kirlow is not gonna let another iteration of the Kodiaks bounce around again. Right?

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/22/2020 1:13 pm  #548

Good for the teams coming over, even if I don't think 4 was the appropriate amount to take.

Bancana - Very much yes to the crown "K" and those jerseys. No to the little ingrown hair coming off their script. Drop script and promote crown to produce an A+ identity. Might not need the whole sleeve to be a different color, though. The balance seems a tiny bit off for the away. A Penguins/Coyotes/Golden Knights like arm stripe might be a happy middle ground.

Kurohara - The traditional THL teams won't know what hit them with this look. My bet is they tone it down to become a little more professional in the future. Until then, I'll make sure to enjoy every moment of this.

Prestonburg - Some of my favorite colors and jerseys to hit the THL. The logo is also an upgrade, it gives more to the identity.

Vensessor - I forgot how good these jerseys were. Thank god they changed the socks! They will fit right in with the Whales and Anchors of the league.

I think the THL has set itself up for some failures, and that might be what drives the commissioner out. I will absolutely cheer for the Kings, the Sallee boys are a personal favorite of mine when it comes to THL families. A real Howe feel to them, with some big differences. Hot take, Bancana will shock the THL, making at least the second round of playoffs in their first year. The team has too much talent.

How will the draft work?

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (6/22/2020 1:15 pm)

6/22/2020 3:34 pm  #549

From what I can see, it may be Hatch’s own caution that might cause him to be forced out of the league, plus his disdain for all the UHA owners, not just Boyle and his lackeys may not win home brownie points. Will there be failure? Perhaps, but it might be too early to tell at this point.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/22/2020 3:53 pm  #550

Nicely done on the merger, the updates look good. I agree with Scratch though in ditching the Kings script in favor of the secondary logo which I love.

Board footera