Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/25/2020 11:56 pm  #461

Re: Torland Hockey League: THL 2.0

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I want a Tunes shirt that says "fleeced." I feel like Narva fans would still be bragging about that, even in 2020. Good work as always!

I couldn't resist.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/26/2020 9:03 am  #462

Steelman wrote:

Hey! Here's an official welcome to the boards and to this series. Who's your favorite team?

My favourite team here is the Kirkenport Captains, because lately I've taken a liking to tough, hard-hitting, in-your-face hockey - the kind the Captains are known for - and Kirkenport sounds like a really fun place to be, especially around the Midnight Mile. (I also take a liking to potent offensive games - the kind Kirkenport was known for during the early dynasty years of the early 70s.)

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

5/26/2020 9:25 am  #463

Steelman wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I want a Tunes shirt that says "fleeced." I feel like Narva fans would still be bragging about that, even in 2020. Good work as always!

I couldn't resist.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

5/26/2020 5:05 pm  #464

sevsdast wrote:

I got an Idea of a team name for a potential expansion, the Waterdee Makos.

sevsdast wrote:

When will the expansion teams be revealed?

I'd bet when Steel's ready to reveal them, he'll do so.  Let's just be patient for now, it does pay to take your time when producing quality writing instead of rushing it out on a whim.  Also, I'd politely advise not trying to force name potential expansion team names.  If he wants input, he'll ask.  

As for that "Fleeced" shirt, that is pretty awesome!  I'd buy that if I were a Neptunes fan!

Last edited by Stickman (5/26/2020 5:06 pm)

5/28/2020 3:26 am  #465

dvdbubba27 wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Hey! Here's an official welcome to the boards and to this series. Who's your favorite team?

My favourite team here is the Kirkenport Captains, because lately I've taken a liking to tough, hard-hitting, in-your-face hockey - the kind the Captains are known for - and Kirkenport sounds like a really fun place to be, especially around the Midnight Mile. (I also take a liking to potent offensive games - the kind Kirkenport was known for during the early dynasty years of the early 70s.)

That's a good choice! We have quite a few Kirk Boys around here. It's definitely a vibrant, crazy place. Since you seem pretty up on their history, what's been your favorite uniform/logo set? If you want a custom sig, I'd be happy to make one for you as well.

The Captains are definitely trying to make some final runs with their group of veterans. G Gerry McKnight, F Keenan Draper, and team captain D Lauri Rikhard will all be 37 for the 1979 season. Their '78 season definitely didn't go to plan but adding F Sam Toivonen was big to lessen the load on Draper. The Captains seem focused on trading the future for the present with this group to add another Cup in the cabinet, perhaps at the risk of taking a severe downturn once the big three retire. Depth is definitely a problem, so they'll be looking to try to address that in the offseason.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/28/2020 9:11 am  #466

Steelman wrote:

dvdbubba27 wrote:

Steelman wrote:

That's a good choice! We have quite a few Kirk Boys around here. It's definitely a vibrant, crazy place. Since you seem pretty up on their history, what's been your favorite uniform/logo set? If you want a custom sig, I'd be happy to make one for you as well.

My favourite Kirkenport set is the late Peachey-era/early Draper-era (mid-to-late 60s) unis, in both of their iterations (first with blue-midnight-blue-midnight-blue stripes, then with blue-white-blue-white-blue stripes). The Cup-winning blue duds just don't scream Kirkenport to me. The Captains truly belong in midnight blue, IMO.

Inmate of the AHSylum

5/28/2020 11:04 am  #467

Finally took the time to go through this, and I'm invested. The THL team I like the most is the Heralds. Great scheme and look.

But I think my favorite team is the Blazers. I absolutely love the purple/orange color combo (purple/red is just a step above that, so I was excited and then disappointed by the Glaciers change). The original striping was so unique. So yeah, Blazers.

Finally, I know QCS will disagree, but I prefer the bear head to the pizza slice for the Glaciers.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (5/28/2020 11:06 am)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/28/2020 11:05 am  #468

My favorite team is the Bancana Kings, because they’re basically the Los Angeles Kings. My THL favorite is the Whales.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

5/28/2020 11:29 am  #469

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Finally, I know QCS will disagree, but I prefer the bear head to the pizza slice for the Glaciers

I agree with Dan O'Mac, I also prefer the bear head to the soggy pizza slice. (Sorry QCS)

Inmate of the AHSylum

5/28/2020 11:31 am  #470

dvdbubba27 wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Finally, I know QCS will disagree, but I prefer the bear head to the pizza slice for the Glaciers

I agree with Dan O'Mac, I also prefer the bear head to the soggy pizza slice. (Sorry QCS)

I agree with both of you. The bear head is better then that silly pizza slice. (R.I.P. QCS)

Last edited by Rugrat (5/28/2020 11:31 am)

Board footera