Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2020 3:02 pm  #441

Re: Torland Hockey League: THL 2.0

Sad the Falcons couldn't get it done, but at least those damn Glaciers didn't advance either.

I don't have a horse in the race for the championship but I'm gonna pull for Narva to make us losing to them look a little better.

5/18/2020 3:55 pm  #442

Tough to see it, but I wasn't expecting much. At least the Falcons didn't make it. Hopefully next year everyone will return in top shape and we can sweep the rest of the league like we should. Never cared much for either team in the finals, but the Anchors beat my Glaciers so Narva it is!

5/18/2020 7:12 pm  #443

QCS wrote:

Tough to see it, but I wasn't expecting much.

5/18/2020 8:12 pm  #444

I meant to post these earlier, but here are the '78 Series sigs. Also happy to make custom sigs for a team of your choice. Or I can update previous sigs as well.

Enjoy!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/18/2020 10:49 pm  #445

I love the style of the sig, but I need my pizza slice back!

5/20/2020 2:08 am  #446

QCS wrote:

Here we go, "vintage" haha

AHS Admin. Creator of the THL, PUCH, WHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/20/2020 12:22 pm  #447

Steelman wrote:

QCS wrote:

Here we go, "vintage" haha

Yes! The pizza slice returns! Now to get it back full-time...

5/20/2020 1:16 pm  #448

If the pizza slice ever does come back, the y by itself would make a nice secondary.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

5/20/2020 1:46 pm  #449

ThisIsFine wrote:

If the pizza slice ever does come back, the y by itself would make a nice secondary.

I wouldn't be opposed to the bear staying as a shoulder patch/alternate logo. Maybe the "Y" could serve as the crest on a red alt?

5/20/2020 6:13 pm  #450

On a personal level, I always did prefer the "Pizza Slice" Glacier logo too.  Absolutely nothing wrong with the polar bear logo, as it's a very good logo.  But with the Kodiaks already existing, I always thought it was a little funny to have 2 bear themed teams.   Then again, now that I'm thinking about it, in real life, there are two horse themed teams in the NFL (Colts and Broncos), two native american and two sock colored teams in MLB (Braves and Indians, Red and White Sox... why DO both of them spell it SOX anyway?!?!)... so maybe I'm just overthinking that.  It's probably nostalgia, but I still love the "Pizza Slice" though.

Board footera