Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/05/2021 2:41 am  #131

Re: It's College Game Day!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/05/2021 3:25 am  #132

Awesome job on the infographics Dan! Getting to know the history of our biggest rivals is always fun, and even though I don't like the school, I will admit that they look really sharp!

Anyways, We Hate State, Go Lakers!

12/05/2021 3:29 am  #133

Crazy Rider wrote:

Some questions:

1. Are there any special resonings for the arena/stadium namesakes? 

2. What's the tune of the fight song so I can hear it with the lyrics? 

1. The only two that have any deeper meaning other than me just liking the name are Pigs Eye Stadium, which comes from St. Paul's original name of Pigs Eye, and Snelling Arena "The Fort" which is named after nearby Fort Snelling. 

2. The tune of the fight song is from my IRL school, Bemidji State University

12/05/2021 10:01 pm  #134

I assume it's too late to join because the Legacy Project has already started and probably conferences have been made but if it's not too much trouble could I make one?

Last edited by GregTheWolf144 (12/05/2021 10:09 pm)

12/05/2021 10:32 pm  #135

GregTheWolf144 wrote:

I assume it's too late to join because the Legacy Project has already started and probably conferences have been made but if it's not too much trouble could I make one?

I believe you can still join, but I don't know how that will work with Legacy (that would be a question for Gritty). You can put a team anywhere, but our Super West Conference is one short of the other three conferences.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/17/2021 1:03 pm  #136

Gritty, congrats on Ron Dayne’s heisman, also, 2004, is available on sheets.

3/30/2022 9:32 pm  #137

Great Lakes Bay State have released their uniforms for the big 4 North American Sports. 

Let's start off with Football:

The Skippers will be donning their Bay Blue home uniforms featuring one of the greatest elements of a uniform, yokes. The primary anchor logo is on both the helmet and sleeves of the home and away, with simple striping on the pants. The road is a simple color flip of the home. 

Bay State also has 2 alternate uniforms. One navy blue and one gold, the navy is technically Alt 1, but the two can be used interchangeably. 

The fifth uniform is a special theme Bay State uses. In 1950, Great Lakes Bay State was born as a branch off of Michigan Collegiate Institute (MCI). They were known as the MCI-Saginaw Skippers. Bay State has an MCI-Saginaw throwback for every sport. They are pretty simple, but a fun addition nonetheless. 

Next, let's go to baseball.

Bay State baseball will be donning another great element in sports uniforms, vests. The home uniform is a simple white vest with Skippers written across the front. The helmets and hats feature an S logo as well. The road is a powder blue vest because water is blue, not gray smh my head. Bay State is featured on the chest.

The first alt is a simple traditional baseball look, a color jersey with a logo on the chest. Like football, Bay State's primary alt is navy blue.

So when did MCI-Saginaw become Bay State? 1990. And they wore those wonderful gold beauties. 

Per usual, we also have a 1950 throwback. Simple and clean, a fan favorite.

Basketball time baby!

Basketball, like other Bay State uniforms, features a rather unique design element. This time, the text is arranged in a circle, and you'd bet your bottom there's a yoke. 

The home is White with a blue yoke, gold letters, and blue numbers with the anchor logo on the shorts. The road is a color flip of the home.

The navy alt will be the Skippers' primary home alt. This features the team name arched above a number on the chest, with a bay blue yoke. Most design elements are the same as the other two uniforms.

The gold alt will serve as the primary road alternate jersey. This gold nugget features Bay State across the chest and a bay blue yoke. 

The fifth jersey is a throwback to MCI-Saginaw, and that is where the circled text element came from, now implemented in the home and road uniforms.

Let's do that hockey.

Bay State hockey, unlike the others, features only four uniforms. Home, Road, Alt, and Throwback. 

For the home, the Great Lakes Bay Area community put their thoughts into the uniform, so they have especially taken a liking to them. The home features the anchor logo on the chest over a gold stripe. The shoulders feature a patch of Michigan's Lower Peninsula with a star at Saginaw, Bay State's location. 

The road is a color flip of the home for the most part.

The home alt is a collegiate-style text jersey on a navy base with simple striping. 

The road alt is also the MCI throwback featuring the fun striping! One of the community members remembered watching Skippers hockey in the early days with that striping and wanted it implemented in the regular home and road uniforms. Above the striping is the classic MCI-Saginaw logo. 

Feel free to leave comments and feedback.

SAILS UP!

Last edited by ANDY! (3/30/2022 9:32 pm)

9/11/2022 7:31 pm  #138

Now that things are fully going, does anyone know if there's going to be something like a database or a wiki to talk about things involving the colleges and their identity and traditions and history and culture like what Section30 has for the MAHL?

9/11/2022 9:17 pm  #139

Crazy Rider wrote:

Now that things are fully going, does anyone know if there's going to be something like a database or a wiki to talk about things involving the colleges and their identity and traditions and history and culture like what Section30 has for the MAHL?

Some of us have done stuff like that, and others are still working on it. I don't think we'll have a standardized level of detail across the entire league but hopefully some members (like myself) can develop their schools further.

12/18/2022 9:38 pm  #140

𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖊𝖓 𝖈𝖎𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖊 𝖇𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖗𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖆𝖑

Last edited by QCS (12/18/2022 9:39 pm)

Board footera