Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/11/2021 12:44 pm  #11

Re: The AltBA Season 2021

So, now that people are starting to get their invites (at least in the Western Conference, anyway), Gritty, I've gotta ask.  Is there anyway to be able to see both leagues, even if you're only in one of them?  You know, I gotta know what's gonna be going on in the Eastern Conference!

10/14/2021 6:55 pm  #12

Stickman wrote:

So, now that people are starting to get their invites (at least in the Western Conference, anyway), Gritty, I've gotta ask.  Is there anyway to be able to see both leagues, even if you're only in one of them?  You know, I gotta know what's gonna be going on in the Eastern Conference!

Great question. We'll definitely be updating things here each week. We definitely want there to be a 2 leagues (but really 1 league) feel to it. 

10/16/2021 7:02 pm  #13

Announcement direct from the heads of the owners of the Denver Mountaineers
As the draft begins the Denver Mountaineers front office is in a frenzied panic. What kind of pizza will Magic and BDoof order? Classic pepperoni? Steak? Everything pizza? 99 Cheese xtravaganza? Mayhaps pineapples on a pizza? No, of course not. That’s crazy. (Or is it? Magic likes pineapple on pizza) However, it is now the 4th pick in the Western Conference draft and neither owner has deliberated whom to draft. Magic screams across the room “BDOOF JUST PICK SOMEBODY THE PIZZA IS GETTING COLD.” BDoof trips over a non-existent carpet and braces his ankle for the coming pain, grasping for the computer to input a name, he finally reaches the LED metallic keyboard and begins typing the name “Sivw-eidvb wphvbpq” However when Commissioner Gritty receives it and realizes that Sivw-eidvb wphvbpq doesn’t exist, he assumes that they meant “Karl Anthony-Towns” and selects them instead. 

Last edited by BDoof (10/16/2021 7:08 pm)

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

10/16/2021 7:08 pm  #14

By the second round, BDoof and Magic had the situation under control. The pizza arrived hot and ready, which gave them plenty of time to deliberate who they should draft next. “I think we should go after Michael Jordan,” stated Magic. “Jordan doesn’t play anymore, Magic, it's time to get out of the 90s and live your life.” Stated BDoof. “NO!” Screamed BDoof’s sibling. BDoof suggests “Giannis Antetokounmpo”. Magic punches him off the sofa. Finally, Commissioner Gritty came to the podium “The Mountaineers are on the clock”. Now with BDoof off the sofa, it was Magics time to shine, looking down at her computer she noticed a flaw with her plan… her fingers were full of gooey pizza grease, everyone knows not to type with greasy fingers! Panicking, she looked for some napkins but the delivery driver didn’t supply any with the order. Screaming, BDoof reentered the conversation diving over the sofa to get revenge for the punch. Magic side-stepped and BDoof slammed head first into the computer selecting “Devin Booker” as the 2nd player selected by the Denver Mountaineers.

Last edited by BDoof (10/16/2021 7:08 pm)

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

10/16/2021 7:55 pm  #15

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Denver, Colorado, United States

In a potentially shocking turn of events, the Co-Owners of Bagel Bros Entertainment Incorporated have announced that they will be parting ways effective immediately and Bagel Bros Entertainment Inc. will be transferred into new ownership. This comes after Bdoof and Magic found out via DNA testing that they are not actually brothers. In fact, they are in no way, shape, or form, related.

Magic said, “It all started when Bdoof stole my pizza. Then he kept stealing food from me and I started to question whether or not he was actually my brother. Real brothers don't steal food. So I snuck into his room while he was asleep and got saliva, sent it into a DNA testing site, and lo and behold, we aren’t related. I just can’t let myself be a part of Bagel Bros Entertainment as a co-owner with that heathen.”

Bdoof said, “I don’t know about you, but who goes into someone's room at night while they’re sleeping and steals their saliva? I am appalled by Magic’s outright breach of my privacy. Of course I ate the pizza, I was HUNGRY. When people are hungry they eat, what’s so wrong about that? Pfft, it's not like DNA tests have ever proven anything either”

When asked about the AltBA’s Denver Mountaineers, the two both said that they would continue to co-own the team, as they don’t really have to see each other that much in doing so because they work in different departments within the team’s staff. The AltHL’s Alaska Auroras have always been Magic’s team and they will remain in her ownership. As for the AltLB, each person will have control of their own team when the time comes, and they will not be co-owning any more teams going forward.

Of course, this also begs the question. If Magic and BDoof aren’t brothers… what exactly are they?

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

10/16/2021 8:02 pm  #16

Gotta beat those Kahunas! Go Lopes!

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

10/17/2021 10:49 pm  #17

Following the draft, Owner Dan O'Mac took the time, and got all the jerseys laid out for a quick photo. It kinda sucked, as every time he got CLOSE to being done, the kids would need something, and he'd walk away to help them. When he came back, the younger son's dog would try to make them into a bed. FINALLY, he gets it all laid out. The Hammers' new guards in the home golds, the forwards in the away blacks, and the centers in the alternate whites. Dan has no idea WHY he used the whites, he doesn't plan to EVER use them. This team wears gold and black. Black and gold. I don't care which way you put it, but those are the colors. And even though the trade has not yet finalized, LaMelo Ball's jersey is not included due to the pre-draft trade agreement to send Mr. Ball to Charlotte for De'Aaron Fox.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/19/2021 3:51 am  #18

Introducing your 2021-2022 Detroit Mustangs! We totally know what we're doing with this weird orange ball and look forward to our matchup against Pittsburgh.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/19/2021 4:13 pm  #19

For this week's matchup against the Charlotte Flyers, YOUR Indiana Cardinals will be wearing their traditional Red Jerseys as we look to go above our 1-19 Expectations and do well this year!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/19/2021 5:07 pm  #20

Does anyone know how to set my roster?

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

Board footera