Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2021 5:42 pm  #1

The AltHL Season 2021

Welcome to the 2021 AltHL Season! We are excited to welcome 6 new hockey clubs to the family. They will have a uphill battle to fight but it is good to have them onboard. We have made some adjustments to league rules to limit the 'creative' moves that some teams used towards the end of last year. We also want to celebrate the Halifax Kingfishers for raising the first Alt Cup last season. 

Tentatively the AltHL Draft will take play Saturday, October 9 at 8PM ET.

The league keepers will be due Friday October 1. I will post the keeper calculator soon.

The season starts Tuesday, October 12.  

Last edited by Gritty (9/16/2021 5:43 pm)

9/16/2021 10:18 pm  #2

Re: The AltHL Season 2021

Hey Gritty, since Kingsfan and I traded teams, would he draft the Owls from scratch and the Angels are an extension of last year's Owls or vice versa?

9/16/2021 11:29 pm  #3

ANDY! wrote:

Hey Gritty, since Kingsfan and I traded teams, would he draft the Owls from scratch and the Angels are an extension of last year's Owls or vice versa?

The way I understand it, Kingsfan will take control of the Owls as they are and you will have an expansion team.

9/17/2021 12:53 am  #4

Absolutely cannot wait for real hockey again! The Halifax Kingfishers look forward to defending their crown.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

9/17/2021 6:24 am  #5

If Gritty, (or anyone else) has the time, could we get a picture of all the teams' jerseys like we got last year, now that we have 6 new teams, (not to mention some teams should have new designs now right?)

9/17/2021 4:21 pm  #6

Excited that everyone's excited about the new seasons! 

@Andy - The rosters stay the same. So Quebec roster stays the same. 

@Stickman - that is something we're working on and will bring out as we get close to the draft! 

9/29/2021 6:40 pm  #7

AltHL Owners! 

It is time to get ready for the AltHL Draft. Please read through this post so that you are up to speed on all things AltHL. If you have any questions please reach out and I will try my best to answer them. 

Keeper Deadline - SUNDAY, OCTOBER 3
Draft - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9 @ 8 PM ET.

You should have access to the Fantrax site. Please make sure that you do so in preparation for the draft. If you don't please let me know ASAP and we'll sort it out. 

***For our expansion owners. I need you to send me your email addresses so I can send you the league invite. 

For returning owners it is time to submit your keepers. 
1.) Go to your team
2.) Go to Keeper Admin
3.) Check the boxes of the players that you'd like to keep. 

Remember that you can keep as many players as you'd like. The only catch is that you have to keep your roster under the salary cap. Use our AltHL Keeper Calculator  to decide which players to keep. To use the calculator just make a copy of the sheet. The salary cap is $60. Players drafted in the first round last year have $12 salaries, 2nd round players are $11 and so on and so forth. 

We didn't have many players traded last season. But for trades the salaries stay the same. Players picked up off the waiver wire have a salary of $1. 

We adjusted the salary cap and player values due to the expansion. Some teams will be able to keep all of their players. But most teams will find ways to trim their rosters. The goal is that the expansion teams will have some decent players available to them to build their rosters. 

Remember that this year teams will have more of a challenge churning their rosters to win games as we saw come to a head in the playoffs. This means that the teams will need to be built through the draft and trades. So choose wisely! 

Once again if you have any questions please let me know. Looking forward to the new season!

10/12/2021 12:25 am  #8

Well, I'm doing this for AltFL, so here we go for AltHL! Normally, I will post these on Monday as well as a recap of who moved on and who was eliminated, with picks due by 7pm Central Time on Tuesday. This does mean that Monday's games will happen, so you can attempt to use that to your advantage. As with AltFL, PM me your pick on the AHS board. I will not accept through Discord so I can find everything in one place.

RULES:
- This will be open to everyone, whether you are in the AltHL or not
- You will be picking one team that will LOSE each week. This will prevent you from just picking against the new expansion teams every week.
- You can pick each team 1 time all season. So if, for example, you pick the 48ers for Game 1, you cannot pick them again.
- Get one wrong, you're out. Get it right, pick again the next week!
- I will share a spreadsheet you can track. I will upload everyone's pick for the week on Tuesday night so you can follow throughout the rest of the week. Guess what, it's the same spreadsheet as AltFL, just on a different tab.
- Again, you must message me through the AHS Boards for your pick to count.

All that done, here's your week one matchups! Remember, you are picking a team that will LOSE their matchup.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/12/2021 12:27 pm  #9

Welcome to the Cream City, as the Milwaukee 48ers prepare to drop the puck on the first exciting season of 48ers hockey. We'll start on the road against the defending AltHL Champions, the Halifax Kingfishers! Cream and Ivory everywhere! And, of course, we must celebrate the first pick in franchise history, our Goalie, Darcy Kuemper!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/13/2021 1:40 am  #10

Welcome to chaos! I've created a whole new super scientific system to determine power rankings. It's super sciency but also some gut feelings and other intangibles that only one such as I could figure out. Actually we just assigned the intern to earn his $8.50 per hour and this is what he came up with. We're gonna pretend it's our own creation and super cool and irrefutable.

Steel's Super Science™ 2021-2022 AltHL Season Preview Power Rankings

Teams are listed in order of projected finish. The big huge number next to their logos are their respective Super Science™ ranking. It makes sense I promise.

Super Science™ Power Rankings:

1 - Montreal Chevaliers (4,276)
2 - Winnipeg Arrows (4,141)
3 - Halifax Kingfishers (3,984)
4 - Denver Bighorns (3,979)
5 - Chicago Ghosts (3,839)
6 - Boston Rovers (3,810)
7 - Charlotte Racers (3,799)
8 - Minnesota Loons (3,718)
9 - Calgary Wranglers (3,610)
10 - New York Gargoyles (3,521)
11 - Quebec Owls (3,509)
12 - Seattle Seawolves (3,502)
13 - Vancouver Glaciers (3,435)
14 - Los Angeles Titans (3,419)
15 - Portland Sawblades (3,309)
16 - Toronto Terriers (3,094)
17 - San Francisco Dragons (3,108)
18 - Alaska Auroras (3,059)
19 - Ottawa Guardians (2,796)
20 - Saskatoon Shockers (2,422)
21 - Milwaukee 48ers (2,317)
22 - Edmonton Wildcats (2,234)
23 - Detroit Angels (2,216)
24 - Philadelphia Founders (2,031)

Projected Playoffs:

1 Montreal Chevaliers vs 8 Minnesota Loons
2 Winnipeg Arrows vs 7 Quebec Owls
3 Calgary Wrangers vs 6 Boston Rovers
4 Halifax Kingfishers vs 5 Denver Bighorns

Good luck to all owners! Happy hockey season y'all!

Last edited by Steelman (10/13/2021 1:43 am)

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

Board footera