Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/07/2021 10:55 am  #61

Re: AltLB Design Thread

QCS wrote:

Stickman wrote:

LMAO, now I kinda wish that Charlotte had gotten a team, just to hear you crap on Raleigh all the time!  That'd be a fun rivalry!  

Everybody got a geographic rival but Raleigh :/

Well, Atlanta isn't that far from Raleigh

8/07/2021 10:57 am  #62

Rugrat wrote:

QCS wrote:

Stickman wrote:

LMAO, now I kinda wish that Charlotte had gotten a team, just to hear you crap on Raleigh all the time!  That'd be a fun rivalry!  

The hierarchy of Southeast cities (in ascending order) is Norfolk -> Raleigh -> Charlotte -> Atlanta. The only one Atlanta even bothers with is Charlotte. Maybe that's because Atlanta and Raleigh don't share sports leagues, but Raleigh's rivalry is with Charlotte, not Atlanta.

8/07/2021 11:06 am  #63

QCS wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

QCS wrote:

The hierarchy of Southeast cities (in ascending order) is Norfolk -> Raleigh -> Charlotte -> Atlanta. The only one Atlanta even bothers with is Charlotte. Maybe that's because Atlanta and Raleigh don't share sports leagues, but Raleigh's rivalry is with Charlotte, not Atlanta.

Oh I see. Being from the Southwest its mostly Denver and Phoenix who get all the attention but they don’t really have a rivalry in my eyes.

8/07/2021 3:22 pm  #64

QCS wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

QCS wrote:

And now it’s with Atlanta, not Charlotte. Isn’t fiction fun?

8/07/2021 4:39 pm  #65

Raleigh and Tampa can have each other, and perhaps even deserve each other. Ha.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/07/2021 6:02 pm  #66

CubsOrSoxs wrote:

Will we be doing An “Triple-A” of the AltLB this year like we did with Hockey?

I would assume yes

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

8/08/2021 10:25 am  #67

It is time to start voting on our first set of names. Remember these names are for franchises that were founded before the 1950s. We had a number of repeats. In those cases, nominators will each get the credit if the name is selected. In those cases I synthesized the explanations to capture what everyone had said for that name. Some people were long winded with their explanations. I cut those blurbs down to fit with everyone else. While I am not a stickler for grammar, I'd check out your explanation before submitting. There were some cases where it was tough to understand what you were trying to say. There are also some names that were nominated in more than one city. If for some reason the same name wins for multiple cities the highest rated among them will win. We will go to the 2nd place name for the other city. Finally, there were a number of options that got DQ'd. If you name got DQ'd and you'd like your explanation for why it is missing. Please PM me. 

Below are the explanations for each of the cities name options. Read through them before heading over to the polls because I did not include the images in the poll. 

AltLB Chicago - 

AltLB Detroit - https://forms.gle/pqWj7MLgRAWCemXa9

AltLB Philadelphia - 

AltLB New York - 

AltLB Boston - https://forms.gle/poh5m7pDKtN8Fk8JA

GROUP B - 1960s

Do some research. What would be a great name for a team founded in the 60s? 

San Francisco
Los Angeles
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Kansas City

https://forms.gle/TdQyHnsafVrxk5wm6

8/08/2021 10:45 am  #68

So we have the Detroit Aviators, are previously used Alt teams names on the table since we have the Charlotte Aviators in AltBA?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/08/2021 10:47 am  #69

Dan O'Mac wrote:

So we have the Detroit Aviators, are previously used Alt teams names on the table since we have the Charlotte Aviators in AltBA?

It's the Charlotte Flyers in the AltBA

8/08/2021 10:47 am  #70

Damn, I feel dumb now

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera