Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/15/2022 10:04 pm  #481

Re: AltLB Design Thread

Are they all Latin Americans?

3/15/2022 10:08 pm  #482

JamHeronArk wrote:

Are they all non-American Hall of Famers?

Based on the hint, a great guess:

Not quite what I meant by halfway, though.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/15/2022 10:10 pm  #483

Darknes wrote:

Are they all Latin Americans?

Also not a bad guess:

You're a bit closer to my intended meaning of the hint. Still wrong, though.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/15/2022 10:47 pm  #484

Are they all persons that were associated with teams in both the AL and NL?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/15/2022 10:54 pm  #485

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Are they all persons that were associated with teams in both the AL and NL?

It's actually not as bad a guess as I think you think it is.

Still bad, though.

3/16/2022 4:08 pm  #486

OAKLAND SQUIRRELS
Hosting Bid: Turn Ahead the Clock
Location: A virtual platform (Like how Fortnite hosts concerts/events). Do I find it humorous? Yes, but after giving it some thought, I believe this is actually a great idea.
Reasoning:
- Who's better to host a future themed event than a team located in the Silicon Valley?
- A virtual event would test/push cutting edge technology that will change how we live in the near future.
- To benefit the fans, the AltLB could make the virtual viewing simulate the experience of a fan at an actual game without putting anyone at risk of COVID.
- To benefit the league, the AltLB could make the viewing platform (or stadium) as large as they desire with little consequence. Doing this gives the league the ability to cut "ticket" prices while establishing a high ceiling for potential profit.
- I also encourage you to consider the opportunity of growing the game through accessibility (which baseball desperately needs right now). By hosting the event on an immersive, virtual platform, everyone gets the chance to participate (this is why I mentioned cutting the "ticket" prices earlier).
I believe this avenue would benefit our league the most in many different ways. For a league who lost a handful of teams prior to starting, recognizing potential growth while minimizing financial loss in the process is the number 1 priority. Instead of blowing cash to test markets that might not work (the traditional method), why not let the fans tell us who's actually invested in our sport?.... all while generating a dumb amount of revenue.

Opportunities beyond the initial idea:
- Establish concession agreements that give large companies with established online platforms (Amazon/AltLB.com/Nike) the opportunity to sell merchandise in the virtual venue. This would not only generate backing to carry out this idea, but also give the consumer the unique opportunity to benefit from the appeal of a "brick-and-mortar" and virtual shopping at the same time.
- Imagine a fan zone that gives fans the ability to experience their favorite players life. If a person from New Zealand wants to fire balls over 400 ft like their favorite Squirrel but has no athletic ability, what's stopping us from virtually juicing them up?

Let's create an unmatched experience that builds a connection. Let's build the AltLB.

Name Submission
Turn Ahead the Clock: The "Digital Derby" Powered by 0100000101101100011101000100110001000010 

Can we also not do the guessing game in a main thread anymore? It has ran 9 PAGES, making it very difficult to locate league information (like this community event) when I find free time. I almost used all of my time trying to find QCS's original post.

3/16/2022 4:30 pm  #487

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Can we also not do the guessing game in a main thread anymore? It has ran 9 PAGES, making it very difficult to locate league information (like this community event) when I find free time. I almost used all of my time trying to find QCS's original post.

This is extremely fair lmao. In my defense, I never thought it would last this long. I was actually extremely worried that y'all were gonna get it in one.

@mods: would there be a way to move the GWtLVAaAttP? posts into their own thread? I'd like to keep all of it together if possible, and I think that would make it easier to find things that are actually important in the future. If not, I can work with that too.

3/16/2022 8:19 pm  #488

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

This is extremely fair lmao. In my defense, I never thought it would last this long. I was actually extremely worried that y'all were gonna get it in one.

@mods: would there be a way to move the GWtLVAaAttP? posts into their own thread? I'd like to keep all of it together if possible, and I think that would make it easier to find things that are actually important in the future. If not, I can work with that too.

Yea I love it! Think there should be a thread that encourages more stuff like this because I’ll definitely read it when I have the time to sit down and enjoy it at home. Hell, most would probably pick me as a favorite to spearhead a random joke thread that provides fluff information for alt teams. I just like to confirm that I’m not making up an event when I forget about it after a couple days so I don’t look like I’m just randomly going on a rant… which I am whether the event is real or not, it seems.

3/17/2022 12:31 am  #489

For the AltLB's inaugural Event Games, the Carolina Griffins would like to offer their bid. First, the names:

For the throwback game, the Sandlot Series.
For the future game, the Visions Classic.

Now, the Griffins' bid for the game itself: we'd like to construct a temporary ballpark at our namesake, Kitty Hawk. Working in tandem with the National Park Service, we will build a small stadium right next to the Flight Memorial where Orville and Wilbur Wright made the first ever flight. While there, fans can enjoy the beautiful Outer Banks and experience what North Carolina has to offer.

I wanted to get these out there officially before I posted the poll, which will be tomorrow. Get your last-minute bids in if you want! I could use more hosting bids and name suggestions.

3/17/2022 1:16 am  #490

The Arizona Thunderbirds would like to submit their bid for the AltLB's event games:

Throwback: Backyard Bash
Future: Flash Forward Series

As for the bid, The Thunderbirds are proposing to build a temporary stadium inside of Tonto National Forest near Payson for the throwback series, where fans can still enjoy the wonderful views of snow-capped mountains while enjoying the milder weather of northern Arizona.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

Board footera