Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2021 6:09 pm  #91

Re: AltLB Design Thread

Happy to see two of my names in the final 4! Though i don't think they will win, i still have my head up. Some great names regardless. 

8/13/2021 7:05 pm  #92

So I lied. I decided that today would be the day that we reveal the first 5 team names. I am still compiling all of the submissions for the second group. Stay tuned tomorrow. 

The Recap:

The New York Blackbirds were nominated by Darknes. The Blackbirds were the #1 name going into the finals. They ultimately beat out Canaries for the win.

The Boston Masons were our come from behind story. A lot of momentum towards the end. The Masons nominated by Darknes beat out Unicorns. 

The Philadelphia Keystones were a team that rallies late. They Keystones beat out Rattlers for the top spot. The Keystones were nominated by Rugrat, QCS and JamHeronArk

The Chicago Pros was our most popular name in both rounds. The Pros dominated the Chicago finals. The Pros can either be short for "Professionals" or "Prohibitionists". The Pros were nominated by QCS and JamHeronArk

Finally the Detroit Deacons gives us another religious themed team for Detroit. The Deacons beat our the Robins (which was the more popular of the two in round 1) in the finals. The Deacons were nominated by Steelman.

Logos

We are NOT gathering logo submissions at this time. But we have slowed this naming process down a bit so that people had more time on the front end to start designing. Collaborate with one another if you choose. 

Ultimately when we ask for submissions we are going to ask for the color scheme, the cap logo, and the other logo. Think the Yankees uncle sam hat logo & the iconic NY logo. 

Congrats to the winners of round one. Looking forward to round 2! 

Last edited by Gritty (8/13/2021 7:06 pm)

8/13/2021 7:39 pm  #93

Nice names all-around!

1. So, Pittsburgh's trademark color scheme in real life is now New York's in this universe...was "Black and Yellow" recorded by A$AP Rocky instead of Wiz Khalifa in it too?
2. I like how the name Masons works as well for Boston's stonemason history...whether or not designers will want to include Freemasonry aspects in it is up to them (Keep in mind, Boston also has a heavy Catholic heritage, where membership in Freemasonry is strictly forbidden)
3. A natural old-school name for Philly...I look forward to all the designs we will see.
4. I like all the potential "Pros" has...much as the Athletics of our real universe, it leaves open SO many designs (perhaps one of our designers will create a mascot as iconic as the A's elephant)
5. The Detroit Deacons brand is my FAVORITE of the set...as my dad is a permanent deacon, I have a brand idea I would like to message any would-be designers (when the time comes, of course)

Fantastic names...ready for tomorrow, where we'll not only get to see the '60s name entries, but also hopefully submit nominees for the '70s.

Last edited by Burmy87 (8/13/2021 7:55 pm)

8/13/2021 8:12 pm  #94

“No it’s Michigan”

8/13/2021 9:21 pm  #95

Happy to see Deacons, since I voted for it.

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

8/13/2021 9:35 pm  #96

Definitely some interesting choices this round, (not in a bad way)!   I had expected Blackbirds and Keystones to win, but Deacons and Masons were fun surprises for me.   I'm definitely interested to see what the community comes up with for those (and all the other) teams, definitely some nice potential there!

Last edited by Stickman (8/13/2021 9:36 pm)

8/13/2021 9:43 pm  #97

Nice to see names that really fit a time-less sport like baseball actually make it! I'm not suprise a bird won, and the Keystones will be an nice name to see. Overall, good looking.

Last edited by CubsOrSox10 (8/13/2021 9:44 pm)

8/13/2021 9:58 pm  #98

And our league slowly comes to life! I'm fairly happy with the name choices, glad that my Deacons nomination won as well. 

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

8/13/2021 11:15 pm  #99

Glad to see Keystones win for Philly! Fan of the other names too, probably like Deacons the most, considering only Wake Forest uses it. Excited to see the 60s names up soon as well!

8/14/2021 9:43 am  #100

Board footera