Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



6/14/2019 4:46 pm  #11


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

This is an amazing idea. It could easily solve issues about no European soccer during the summer months. How do you simulate each match?

Last edited by n00bthtpwnz (6/14/2019 4:46 pm)


https://i.imgur.com/8yS8gcW.png
Owner of the AltFL's Birmingham Vulcans (Alt Bowl XIV Champions)
 

6/14/2019 5:30 pm  #12


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

This is an amazing idea. It could easily solve issues about no European soccer during the summer months. How do you simulate each match?

Someone commented finally?

In all seriousness, I think the Nations League is a good idea to fix teams like Germany, France, Spain etc only play the friendlies they are able to schedule, and that could be a team such as Slovakia, Norway, Ireland etc that aren’t on their level. It allows for teams to play competitive matches on their level. With the sub-confederation idea I have, it allows all teams to play in a competitive atmosphere once or twice yearly, with the sub-confederation tournaments in odd years and the World Cup/Euros in even years, with qualifying for the major tournaments in between. For the winners, especially in COWEF and CEFU, it can boost their ranking by a lot, with England/France/Spain/Portugal/Netherlands/Belgium in COWEF and Germany/Italy/Switzerland/Poland in CEFU.

I simulate the matches on a website called http://www.footysimulator.co.uk/


May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st
     Thread Starter
 

6/14/2019 6:49 pm  #13


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

JG36 wrote:

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

This is an amazing idea. It could easily solve issues about no European soccer during the summer months. How do you simulate each match?

Someone commented finally?

In all seriousness, I think the Nations League is a good idea to fix teams like Germany, France, Spain etc only play the friendlies they are able to schedule, and that could be a team such as Slovakia, Norway, Ireland etc that aren’t on their level. It allows for teams to play competitive matches on their level. With the sub-confederation idea I have, it allows all teams to play in a competitive atmosphere once or twice yearly, with the sub-confederation tournaments in odd years and the World Cup/Euros in even years, with qualifying for the major tournaments in between. For the winners, especially in COWEF and CEFU, it can boost their ranking by a lot, with England/France/Spain/Portugal/Netherlands/Belgium in COWEF and Germany/Italy/Switzerland/Poland in CEFU.

I simulate the matches on a website called http://www.footysimulator.co.uk/

It definitely would help some of the bigger nations achieve a higher FIFA ranking, while also giving smaller nations a chance to show what they've got in a truly competitive atmosphere. Also, I've heard about FootySimulator and even tried it out myself, but I would not want to pay so much for more stuff than you really need like they want you to do.


https://i.imgur.com/8yS8gcW.png
Owner of the AltFL's Birmingham Vulcans (Alt Bowl XIV Champions)
 

6/14/2019 7:25 pm  #14


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

JG36 wrote:

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

This is an amazing idea. It could easily solve issues about no European soccer during the summer months. How do you simulate each match?

Someone commented finally?

In all seriousness, I think the Nations League is a good idea to fix teams like Germany, France, Spain etc only play the friendlies they are able to schedule, and that could be a team such as Slovakia, Norway, Ireland etc that aren’t on their level. It allows for teams to play competitive matches on their level. With the sub-confederation idea I have, it allows all teams to play in a competitive atmosphere once or twice yearly, with the sub-confederation tournaments in odd years and the World Cup/Euros in even years, with qualifying for the major tournaments in between. For the winners, especially in COWEF and CEFU, it can boost their ranking by a lot, with England/France/Spain/Portugal/Netherlands/Belgium in COWEF and Germany/Italy/Switzerland/Poland in CEFU.

I simulate the matches on a website called http://www.footysimulator.co.uk/

It definitely would help some of the bigger nations achieve a higher FIFA ranking, while also giving smaller nations a chance to show what they've got in a truly competitive atmosphere. Also, I've heard about FootySimulator and even tried it out myself, but I would not want to pay so much for more stuff than you really need like they want you to do.

I don’t pay for it, I just simulate matchups individually between teams. Every game is played on tournament setting. However, the hosts get to have their matches played at their home stadium to give them a slight boost.


May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st
     Thread Starter
 

6/14/2019 7:43 pm  #15


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

For those of you who are wondering what “Sub-Confederations” are, these are the 2 continental confederations that have them. North America kind of has them, but it has a lot of islands that aren’t that great. South America only has 10 teams, so there are no sub-confederations.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Football_Confederation

Go to the History section

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederation_of_African_Football

Go to the Members and Zones section


May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st
     Thread Starter
 

6/14/2019 8:47 pm  #16


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

Have you thought about doing competitions for the AFC and CAF Sub-Confederations after finishing the UEFA competitions?


https://i.imgur.com/8yS8gcW.png
Owner of the AltFL's Birmingham Vulcans (Alt Bowl XIV Champions)
 

6/14/2019 9:18 pm  #17


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

Have you thought about doing competitions for the AFC and CAF Sub-Confederations after finishing the UEFA competitions?

Maybe, but the sub-confederations in Asia have those tournaments, and I think Africa does too.


May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st
     Thread Starter
 

6/15/2019 8:57 am  #18


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

Full Time: France 🇫🇷 2 Ireland 🇮🇪 2
Irish squad level in 88th minute, stun France in 2-2 draw

Currently ongoing: Switzerland v Czech Republic
Next Up: Russia v Armenia 6 PM/11 AM


May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st
     Thread Starter
 

6/15/2019 9:54 am  #19


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

Full Time: Switzerland 🇨🇭 0 Czech Republic 🇨🇿 0
Stubborn Czech defense frustrates Swiss, forces nil-nil draw.

Next up: Russia v Armenia 6 PM/11 AM
               Liechtenstein v Slovakia 6 PM/12 PM


May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st
     Thread Starter
 

6/15/2019 12:03 pm  #20


Re: UEFA Regional Sub-Confederations

Full Time: Russia 🇷🇺 3 Armenia 🇦🇲 2
Russia holds off late surge by Armenia to notch Group B win.

Currently ongoing: Liechtenstein v Slovakia
Next up: Wales v Northern Ireland 6 PM/1 PM


May or may not be a Celtics fan after July 1st
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum