Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/12/2021 8:55 pm  #1

Calling all hockey players!

From a fun conversation on the Ahyslum Discord server, we need to know who all plays hockey on these boards or can at least skate a little bit in real life for our All-Ahsylum Hockey Team.

Our depth chart/lineup at the moment:

Forwards:
Steelman - 3pttally - Scratch
Osgiliath Guard - NoE38 - Wallflower
Kingsfan11 - CCLXXXVII - ThisIsFine
Darknes - center? - DireBear

Defense:
Gritty - Magic
Section30 - Sportsfan7
dvdbubba27 - ItDoesntMatter

Goalies:
Edgeworth
Section30
Magic
Balu

We're obviously signing up for a beer league hockey tourney and going to petition our King Neal Pionk to sponsor us. Hahahaha. Who else plays hockey or can (barely) skate around here? Add your name to the list for all the fun!

Last edited by Steelman (5/13/2021 1:13 am)

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

5/12/2021 8:59 pm  #2

Re: Calling all hockey players!

I have zero hockey experience, but I can skate, so I guess I’d work in that last center spot or perhaps as an extra forward

5/12/2021 9:00 pm  #3

CCLXXXVII wrote:

I have zero hockey experience, but I can skate, so I guess I’d work in that last center spot or perhaps as an extra forward

There are no minimum requirements here, so you're in! Haha

5/12/2021 9:08 pm  #4

I could be a decent beer league power forward. Got decent speed and handling going forward, cant skate backward worth a Carolina Reaper pepper and my shot could beat a Timbits goalie. Did I mention my left foot feels like surgery is being conducted if I skate too long? Otherwise, sign me up #14 LW!

EDIT: Looking at the depth chart, put me third pair right D.

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (5/12/2021 9:08 pm)

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/12/2021 9:08 pm  #5

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

I could be a decent beer league power forward. Got decent speed and handling going forward, cant skate backward worth a Carolina Reaper pepper and my shot could beat a Timbits goalie. Did I mention my left foot feels like surgery is being conducted if I skate too long? Otherwise, sign me up #14 LW!

Perfect! haha

5/12/2021 9:10 pm  #6

Steelman wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Perfect! haha

My role models for hockey are Darcy Tucker and Chris Neil with a bit of Wendel Clark so maybe not so perfect! I'll be in the box half the time, lol!

5/12/2021 9:12 pm  #7

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Perfect! haha

My role models for hockey are Darcy Tucker and Chris Neil with a bit of Wendel Clark so maybe not so perfect! I'll be in the box half the time, lol!

As a two-way defenseman with a bit of a mean streak (though I was an offensive defenseman in my playing days), I think I'd probably spend a fair bit of time in the box myself. 

Last edited by dvdbubba27 (5/12/2021 9:12 pm)

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

5/12/2021 9:16 pm  #8

dvdbubba27 wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Perfect! haha

As a two-way defenseman with a bit of a mean streak (though I was an offensive defenseman in my playing days), I think I'd probably spend a fair bit of time in the box myself. 

Great. What a defensive pair! I've never played organized hockey, but on the ODR nearby I actually can contribute decently when the local junior A guys let us normal humans have the puck. My passing isn't great but my vision is good. Shot was clocked at 55mph once at a Sens thing with a sh-t stick that wasn't my own so who knows.

EDIT: Spelling is hard when you're facing work in 11 hrs.

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (5/12/2021 9:17 pm)

5/12/2021 9:17 pm  #9

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

dvdbubba27 wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Great. What a defensive pair! I've never played organized hockey, but on the ODR nearby I actually can contribute decently when the local junior A guys let us normal him and have the puck. My passing isn't great but my vision is good. Shot was clocked at 55mph once at a Sens thing with a sh-t stick that wasn't my own so who knows.

We were thinking of you as a power forward instead of defense. Put sportsfan7 on the back end.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/12/2021 9:19 pm  #10

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

dvdbubba27 wrote:

Great. What a defensive pair! I've never played organized hockey, but on the ODR nearby I actually can contribute decently when the local junior A guys let us normal him and have the puck. My passing isn't great but my vision is good. Shot was clocked at 55mph once at a Sens thing with a sh-t stick that wasn't my own so who knows.

We were thinking of you as a power forward instead of defense. Put sportsfan7 on the back end.

Stats are 5'7 180lbs with average skating and no back skating at all and terrible stamina. My heart and will should make up for it though. Pick your poison.

Board footera