Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/04/2019 11:47 am  #1

Elite College League: Fantasy College Football Callout

Hi all!

I wanted to post here first to fill, at minimum, an 8 team college fantasy football league through Yahoo with a maximum of 16 teams though I'd like to be around the 8-12 range to start out. This will use all FBS programs to draw a player pool from as well as being a keeper league from year-to-year (that's right, we get Mason Fine vs. Tua). Please note this is a no cash or reward league.

A couple of things I want to say about your university before we get started: only realistic university names will be accepted (names like Lafayette State, Missouri A&M) along with realistic mascot names. Feel free to come up with characters, backstories, histories of other athletic programs at your university as well. Name your rivalries with other members, come up with trophies, declare neutral sites, design your logo/uniforms (within reason), whatever you want in this in-depth league, you have creative freedom here. 

Members will get voting privileges in set up along with being able to form their own conferences, name hypothetical bowl games, vote on trades (two maximum per year), adding members, kicking members, etc. 

If this is something you're interested in, reply with:
Your username
Proposed university name
Proposed university city, state
Proposed school colors
How much knowledge do you have of college football?
Why you're interested in being an AD in ECL

I'll let applications be open for about a week then I'll send everyone selected a message asking for an email address and we can get started!

Last edited by WithaCapitalG (6/04/2019 11:47 am)

6/04/2019 4:33 pm  #2

Re: Elite College League: Fantasy College Football Callout

I'll start with myself!

Name: WithaCapitalG
University: Indiana A&M
Colors: Navy, Grey, Orange (toying with Mammoths, Dinos, or Buffaloes as name)
Knowledge: Been a fan all my life and was just being made fun of for being a big Colt McCoy guy a decade or so ago

6/04/2019 5:47 pm  #3

This looks fun! I'm in, just gotta come up with some details. Were you part of the SCAA series on CCSLC awhile back? Reminds me of that. I had a college called Quad City College based out of Davenport, Iowa. Deciding if I should bring that one back or create a new one!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/04/2019 8:16 pm  #4

Steelman wrote:

This looks fun! I'm in, just gotta come up with some details. Were you part of the SCAA series on CCSLC awhile back? Reminds me of that. I had a college called Quad City College based out of Davenport, Iowa. Deciding if I should bring that one back or create a new one!

I was not. It wasn't until about the past year or so that I was more or less a lurker on the CCSLC just for inspiration for my current line of work. I did (and sometimes still do) take a peek at the old NCFA yearbooks that came out at those teams and was always fascinated by the depth people went. All my alternate sport history stuff revolves around college sports and that's how I ended up here. Happy to have you!

Board footera