Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2021 2:03 pm  #21

Re: The AltBA Legacy Project

Rugrat wrote:

Alright Emperors, lets hopefully make a run in year number 1!

Your team is the Sentinels

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/23/2021 2:07 pm  #22

I'd love to see the finals for Season 1 be Pittsburgh vs Minnesota. Two of the strongest looks going head to head would be a great start for this. 

3/23/2021 2:18 pm  #23

Steelman wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Alright Emperors, lets hopefully make a run in year number 1!

Your team is the Sentinels

Fixed it. 

3/23/2021 2:31 pm  #24

Help needed for the playoffs! 

Before we started the legacy playoffs I wanted to seek your input for your desired format for the playoffs. To make things simple I am offering two choices. 

1.) Classic - 8 Teams from the East, 8 Teams from the West - our playoff tournament is matched up with the NBA playoffs from that season. 

2.) Madness - the 16 best teams regardless of conference. We match them up to one region from the March Madness from that season. We will rotate which region we use every year. East - South - MidWest - West.  If we choose this option...instead of having a day for the West and a day for the East playoffs we will have a day for the first two rounds and day for the final four.

Please just submit your choice in the poll below. Thanks! 

https://forms.gle/KFTS47RMWgkMHRYw7

3/23/2021 2:50 pm  #25

While the Madness style sounds fun, this is professional basketball and I think the classic format fits better for building history and rivalries.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/23/2021 3:43 pm  #26

I think the random madness format would keep everyone on their toes. It is very fun and stays true to us using another way outside of real world pro sports to sim the playoffs/finals.

3/23/2021 4:07 pm  #27

While I would definitely enjoy the madness. Keeping the standard NBA format would be much beneficial for rivalries, as well as keeping it similar to how the modern day AltBA would work once we get there 

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

3/23/2021 4:10 pm  #28

Let's be MAD!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

3/23/2021 4:11 pm  #29

As much as i want the playoffs be march madness style, I just think keeping the regular NBA Playoff format would be better for rivalry purposes. 

Last edited by Rugrat (3/23/2021 4:11 pm)

3/23/2021 4:52 pm  #30

The traditional route would be realistic.... (suddenly remembers whose history he got)... but the March Madness approach really is more fun and unpredictable!  Yeah, let's do that!

Board footera