Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2021 11:03 pm  #141

Re: AltBA Discussion Thread

Right. To get back to divisions, @ItDoesntMatter has a point, but so do I: Arizona is in the Pacific Division of both the NHL and NBA, even though they are not even close to the ocean.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

3/23/2021 11:12 pm  #142

countercounterpoint:

ocean is far

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/23/2021 11:13 pm  #143

Edit: just dudes being dudes

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (3/23/2021 11:19 pm)

3/23/2021 11:30 pm  #144

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

countercounterpoint:

ocean is far

So, what DO you want to call it? (Serious only)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

3/23/2021 11:46 pm  #145

ThisIsFine wrote:

So, what DO you want to call it? (Serious only)

damn, serious only, huh? well, I'm serious about operation twix quark, so I'd be cool with the albuquerque and friends division sponsored by charm twix. if not I guess I could settle for pacific or southwest if you wanna be boring. I do also like dire's chrysler pacifica idea

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/24/2021 1:10 am  #146

Sheesh, didn't think I'd miss so much after like 3 days. Especially tonight.

On the topic of divisions, what about something simple like the West Division? I think Southwest could work too.

3/24/2021 10:10 am  #147

Ok, I’ll agree to this, we can be sponsored by Right Twix but how about we be called the Atlantic Seaboard Division presented by Right Twix and have a surfboard that looks like a Twix bar wrapper as our division logo?

3/24/2021 11:37 am  #148

Alright everyone let's move on from last night. I wanted to thank and echo Steel's points:

First - our conversations should be civil. If you feel like you are getting heated about something, sign off, cool off and wait to come back when your ready to calm.   

Second - please don't spam us with the memes. If that's what you want to do please hop onto the discord where insanity is not only accepted it is a creed.

Third - please be respectful of our community's identities. Each of our teams take a lot of hard work by a lot of people. Bashing identities isn't  necessary. If you have constructive things to say then engage in the design process in a productive way. 

Fourth - The division debate. From the beginning when I was sharing this simple (and I thought fun) task for the owners I have mentioned that we are to decide the geographic identity for the division. That means "are we the CENTRAL, GREAT LAKES, or NORTH DIVISION?" type of conversation. I love the creativity that you have all shown and we can use them as nicknames for the divisions. For example the NFC North is known colloquially as the Black and Blue division. Ultimately we want to keep it simple.  There were some creative geographic names that I saw that were suggested. For example somebody mentioned the Tornado Alley division. That is geographic but more exciting than the classic Mid West Division. If your division wants to do that then suggest it. 

Please send me your top three ideas and I'll pick the names based off of what works as a collective league. 

Here is our division....the South.

3/24/2021 11:56 am  #149

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Sheesh, didn't think I'd miss so much after like 3 days. Especially tonight.

On the topic of divisions, what about something simple like the West Division? I think Southwest could work too.

I'm more than fine with either of those options, but I'm leaning a bit more towards the Southwest.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

3/24/2021 11:59 am  #150

2 questions: Would you like them sent to the league Gmail or PM on here

Like the NHL has done this season, can we give the division a sponsor?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera