Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/23/2021 10:13 pm  #121

Re: AltBA Discussion Thread

Rugrat wrote:

Welp, I’m outta here folks, Thanks for the memories! It’s been fun! (While it lasted!)

you hate to see it

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/23/2021 10:17 pm  #122

QCS wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

1) Yet another reason for me to not watch NASCAR aside from it being boring.

As a Charlotte man:

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

3/23/2021 10:19 pm  #123

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

QCS wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

1) Yet another reason for me to not watch NASCAR aside from it being boring.

As a Charlotte man:

3/23/2021 10:20 pm  #124

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

Welp, I’m outta here folks, Thanks for the memories! It’s been fun! (While it lasted!)

you hate to see it

Well, I’m staying, so I guess you’re stuck with me! Look, I’ve had the toughest life out of everyone on here. I’ve lost 6 friends and my little brother to suicide. My Mom was an alcoholic in the 90s when I was growing up. I’ve been in two car accidents, even though I was fine both time, one or more of the other passengers were hurt or killed both times. I also have autism so that makes even more tougher.  I’ve gotten into fights that ended with blood shed. I thought joining AHS and doing the AltBA would bring joy into my life, but all it has brought so far is more anguish and disappointment.

I hope you understand what it means to be me.

3/23/2021 10:21 pm  #125

Personally I really enjoy the philosophical and subversive nature of Divisiony McDivisionface presented by Left Twix. If I was in that division I would wholeheartedly choose such a classy and chicanerious name.

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

3/23/2021 10:24 pm  #126

QCS wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

QCS wrote:

As a Charlotte man:

3/23/2021 10:25 pm  #127

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

QCS wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

3/23/2021 10:30 pm  #128

QCS wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

QCS wrote:

3/23/2021 10:32 pm  #129

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

QCS wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

3/23/2021 10:39 pm  #130

Ok, everyone. Take a chill pill. I'm now requesting that all division name choices be submitted to the commissioner for final approval. Let's do a top 3 between the owners of each division. If he's ok with the top choice, then it's final.

That's my final admin ruling on this matter.

Rugrat wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

you hate to see it

Well, I’m staying, so I guess you’re stuck with me! Look, I’ve had the toughest life out of everyone on here. I’ve lost 6 friends and my little brother to suicide. My Mom was an alcoholic in the 90s when I was growing up. I’ve been in two car accidents, even though I was fine both time, one or more of the other passengers were hurt or killed both times. I also have autism so that makes even more tougher. I’ve gotten into fights that ended with blood shed. I thought joining AHS and doing the AltBA would bring joy into my life, but all it has brought so far is more anguish and disappointment.

I hope you understand what it means to be me.

Rugrat, we all have tough lives, my dude. None of us are here to compare life stories. That's a very bold assumption to say that your life is harder than anyone else. None of us are more special than anyone else. This board brings plenty of joy and an escape from everyday life to everyone here. Yourself included. We've given you plenty of chances because we believe in fairness and we want to support you as best we can. Things not completely going your way isn't your prerogative to be passive aggressive.

I'm sorry those things have happened to you but this board is not about your life, this is a community message board devoted to sports fiction and all the offshoots of those topics. You can handle yourself better. How about making a motion for a certain style of division naming that would benefit all the divisions? How about stating your case with actual points of emphasis for/against with courtesy and fairness? How about sending a request to the commissioner to modify the rulings on how we decide divisions? How about engaging with fellow division owners on a list of potential names, including the one you totally hate? Any of those would be more constructive.

On a general note toward the whole community, I want to see less negativity and more support and constructive criticism. Use common sense. Let's increase our encouragement and creativity toward others. We can be competitive and passionate about sports, design, and writing while also being courteous and kind.

Carry on. Thanks.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

Board footera