Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2021 8:04 pm  #41

Re: The Bizarro NHL

We finish the first expansion with the Los Angeles Monarchs. I know, I know not that far off from what they are. But I deal with what the history says. The owner of the Kings was a copy cat. First with the Lakers colors then Raiders colors. Even their arena was named Great West Forum after the Montreal Forum home of the Canadiens. He wanted to pay homage to the league's most historic franchise. That is why I went with a Habs design for the sweater. 

So far:
Portland Rosebuds
Detroit Falcons
Boston Browns
New York Americans
Toronto St. Pats
Montreal Maroons

Philadelphia Raiders 
Pittsburgh Golden Triangles
Dallas Barons (by way of Minnesota, Cleveland and Oakland)
St. Louis Mercury
Los Angeles Monarchs

From here the NHL started a quick expansion throughout the 70s. Two teams were added in 1970, 1972, and 1974 to expand the league to 18 teams. 

So the 1970's wave of expansion will be the next grouping. This grouping includes...Buffalo, Vancouver, Atlanta-->Calgary,  New York, Washington, Kansas City-->Colorado-->NewJersey

2/28/2021 8:39 pm  #42

I like the name (even if it is really close to Kings), logo and jersey but the one thing I don't like is the colours. I know that most people want the purple back, but I kinda like the current Kings colours better

2/28/2021 8:46 pm  #43

Kingsfan11 wrote:

I like the name (even if it is really close to Kings), logo and jersey but the one thing I don't like is the colours. I know that most people want the purple back, but I kinda like the current Kings colours better

I could do a silver and black one just for fun. 

[img]94999c[/img]

Last edited by Gritty (2/28/2021 8:59 pm)

2/28/2021 8:54 pm  #44

Yeah, I like the Black and Silver version more than the Purple and Gold

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (2/28/2021 9:02 pm)

2/28/2021 10:07 pm  #45

Looks pretty good in both colors! That logo reminds of a concept burger king logo i saw like 10 years ago, lol. 

3/01/2021 12:48 am  #46

I hate to disagree with the resident Kings fan, but I really like the purple and gold. That may also be one of the better LA concepts I've seen. Fantastic work on the interlocking crown.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/03/2021 7:27 pm  #47

3/03/2021 8:23 pm  #48

The St. Louis Mercury are by far my favorite so far, but I love the purple and gold Monarchs too. The interlocking L, A, and M is pretty creative! Also, I can't decide if I love or hate the Golden Triangles name, but they're well done and they amuse me.

3/04/2021 8:28 pm  #49

This is a strange one for sure, but hey it's Vancouver and they are never ones to shy away from interesting uniform choices. I have had this cow logo for a while and thought it would work for the Creamery Kings. 

3/04/2021 8:49 pm  #50

Couldn't be more weirder than that, though you could turn a cow's head into a V-shape.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

Board footera