Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2021 11:51 pm  #1

Velo (Team Bicycle Racing Sport)

Like many here I used to post on the Chris Creamer Sports Logo fan fiction sight.  From time to time I would start a sports fiction project, but my fickle nature would cause me to want to change directions, stalling the thread.  With some time away from posting, I have focused and been working on my velo project.  Now here I hope to be able to play the project out over time, allowing you all to follow along.  Hopefully, it will be enjoyed by many. 

This project will be quite comprehensive.  I hope to present this in a way that you can follow along as if it were a real sport.  I will show you rosters, logos, uniforms, home arenas, game sheets (box scores), and so much more.  I invite questions.  If for any reason something is not clear, or its hard to understand how the game sheets are laid out, please ask.  I will do my best to clear things up.  If it is my wish that this be a sport you can follow, I want to make it as simple as I can.  If I do a good enough job, many of you will come to have a favorite velo team and perhaps even have thoughts or opinions on not just the teams look but the players involved. 

The sport I am using is a fictional one called velo.  Velo is so named because it is a team bicycle racing game.  The game is played on velodromes.  Some of you who remember me from the CC Sports Logo sight may recognize some of these logos.  This project does feature many logos I have already publicly presented.  Still, I promise many new things, and more perfection of the things I have presented before. 

To begin I am posting the long back story of how we have come to the first season, 1888, in the National Velo Federation (NVF). 

2/08/2021 11:58 pm  #2

Re: Velo (Team Bicycle Racing Sport)

2/09/2021 12:00 am  #3

2/09/2021 12:03 am  #4

2/09/2021 12:05 am  #5

Last edited by JMurr (2/09/2021 12:09 am)

2/09/2021 12:11 am  #6

2/09/2021 2:06 am  #7

Hey JMurr, welcome to the boards. Cool to see a new iteration of your series back up and going. 

I already like the name Challengers for Pittsburgh and the story behind it.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

2/09/2021 2:03 pm  #8

I’ve been waiting for this to make the transfer over! This was a series that no matter the iteration, was very interesting and detailed. Welcome over!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

2/09/2021 7:35 pm  #9

Steelman wrote:

Hey JMurr, welcome to the boards. Cool to see a new iteration of your series back up and going. 

I already like the name Challengers for Pittsburgh and the story behind it.

Thank you!

2/09/2021 7:37 pm  #10

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

I’ve been waiting for this to make the transfer over! This was a series that no matter the iteration, was very interesting and detailed. Welcome over!

Thank you!

I hope this is the final iteration and that it is around for quite some time.  

Board footera