Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2021 11:17 am  #671

Re: AltBA Design Thread

Stickman wrote:

Gritty wrote:

And yes, the arena seating is set up similar to Medieval TImes (dinner and tournament). Jousting is halftime entertainment. 

I was hoping you'd go the Medieval Times route!  

"There were no utensils in medieval times, there are no utensils AT Medieval Times.  Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?"

3/26/2021 11:35 am  #672

Burmy87 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Gritty wrote:

And yes, the arena seating is set up similar to Medieval TImes (dinner and tournament). Jousting is halftime entertainment. 

"There were no utensils in medieval times, there are no utensils AT Medieval Times.  Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?"

That is how we intend on having it at the Under Armor Field House. 

3/26/2021 11:42 am  #673

Gritty wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Ugh, all those poor people who have to eat fancy food with their hands, getting food at a Lancers game sounds like a hard sell without utensils. 

3/26/2021 11:58 am  #674

Gritty wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

I can see it now...all the Warbirds faithful at the Geico Gardens are gonna wave their spoons, sporks, chopsticks, etc. in the air for the Battle of the Beltway games! 

Pretty soon, we may even make inflatable and foam versions of these utensils 

3/26/2021 12:10 pm  #675

Burmy87 wrote:

Gritty wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

I can see it now...all the Warbirds faithful at the Geico Gardens are gonna wave their spoons, sporks, chopsticks, etc. in the air for the Battle of the Beltway games! 

Pretty soon, we may even make inflatable and foam versions of these utensils 

That is hilarious and kinda awesome for a rivalry gimmick.

Loving all the new identities and branding I'm seeing for the league and G-League stuff. I intend to do a full dive into comments and feedback on each so far soon.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/26/2021 4:57 pm  #676

Okay we are moving our G-League team north to Atlantic City.  Welcome the Court Jesters to the G-League. Get it? It's a pun. And I'm sure you can find Jesters at Medieval Times. 

3/26/2021 5:27 pm  #677

Chester the Jester would like a word... haha. But for real that's a fantastically frightening logo.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/26/2021 5:52 pm  #678

Gritty wrote:

Okay we are moving our G-League team north to Atlantic City.  Welcome the Court Jesters to the G-League. Get it? It's a pun. And I'm sure you can find Jesters at Medieval Times. 

Memes aside, looks great! Glad we could get "Court Jesters" in there somewhere. Fits perfectly with Atlantic City as well!

3/26/2021 6:46 pm  #679

Gritty wrote:

I'd wear a Atlantic City Court Jesters T-Shirt tomorrow if they made one, this looks spectacular!

3/26/2021 7:05 pm  #680

Rugrat wrote:

Gritty wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

Ugh, all those poor people who have to eat fancy food with their hands, getting food at a Lancers game sounds like a hard sell without utensils. 

except that they did have forks and knives AND spoons in the middle ages...two pronged forks, sure but still.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

Board footera