Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/15/2021 11:00 am  #441

Re: AltBA Design Thread

We have completed the Logo Round of the AltBA! 

Congratulations to the following designers...

New York Sentinels - Steelman
Boston Schooners - Steelman
Indiana Cardinals - Steelman
Albuquerque Invaders - ItDoesntMatter
Omaha Barnstormers - Steelman
Honolulu Kahunas - Scratch

Thank you all for submitting designs. We had a record number of submissions throughout the process. 

Those who submitted winning logos please email the account the font files for the winning designs. This way uniform designers could recreate your font easily. I will post them to the Drive. 

*Note that I made the switch between Minnesota and Omaha. 

So here is the updated Alt Sports Universe. 

Next up are the uniforms for our Group A Teams. The designs will be due this Saturday at Noon PT. I know many of you have been working on them for quite a while now...I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. 

Submissions Guidelines: 

1.) Three uniforms (for now): 1 HOME (WHITE / LIGHT) 2.) AWAY (DARK) 3.) ALTERNATE (Alternate Color)
2.) Use the logos and wordmarks and fonts found in the Google Drive. Please do not create new logos for the uniforms. We will work with the brands that were voted upon. 
3.) Send them without a white background. This way the template can be made to look uniform throughout the process. 
4.) You can use any 2D template that you have or feel comfortable with. If you are looking for one, just let the community know and I am sure that we can find you one. 

GROUP A: 
Seattle Emeralds, Vancouver Caribou, Denver Mountaineers
Detroit Mustangs, Chicago Bulldogs, Louisville Spirits

Below I will update you on the winning submissions thus far...if you have any questions for the designers please reach out to them.

TEAM NAME - NAME WINNER - LOGO WINNER
EASTERN CONFERENCE
Philadelphia Gladiators - Gritty - 3Point
New York Sentinels - Darknes - Steelman
Baltimore Lancers - Darknes - Gritty
Washington Warbirds - Burmy - Gritty
Atlanta Devils - Gritty - Gritty
Charlotte Flyers - Darknes - Section30
Indiana Cardinals - Burmy - Steelman
Detroit Mustangs - ThisIsFine - Steelman
Chicago Bulldogs - Section30 - 3point
Boston Schooners - Darknes - Steelman
Louisville Spirits - Steelman - Scratch
Pittsburgh Hammers - Section30 - QCS

WESTERN CONFERENCE
Los Angeles Olympians - Jam - QCS
San Jose Cyborgs - Darknes - Darknes
Honolulu Kahunas - Edgeworth - Scratch
Albuquerque Invaders - QCS - ItDoesntMatter
Omaha Barnstormers - Jam - Steelman
Denver Mountaineers - Darknes - Steelman
Seattle Emeralds - Edgeworth - Steelman
Texas Jackalopes - Steelman - 3point 
New Orleans Revelers - Darknes - Steelman
Minnesota Giants - Darknes - QCS
Kansas City Marshals - Darknes - Steelman
Vancouver Caribou - Edgeworth - Megildur

2/15/2021 11:05 am  #442

Congrats to all the winners! Btw, in case anyone’s interested, here are all the cities with AltHL, AltFL and AltBA teams

Seattle, WA
Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Los Angeles, CA
Chicago, IL
Charlotte, NC
Boston, MA
New York, NY
Philadelphia, PA

2/15/2021 2:12 pm  #443

Interesting to see that for both the names and logos, there were nine different users with submissions selected for each. And the user with the most selections for names had nine (Darknes), as did the one for logos (Steelman). 

As far as most selections total so far:
1. Steelman (11)
2. Darknes (10)
3. Gritty (5)

So, out of 48 things so far, Steelman and Darkness have accounted for 21 (44%) of them! Fantastic job, both of you, and to everyone else selected and to all who've contributed so far.

Lastly though, could someone point me in the direction of a good basketball template? .psd format works with Affinity Designer, so I'd probably go for that format. I found a template that's rather nice, but it doesn't include shorts. Should we include shorts?

2/15/2021 4:25 pm  #444

Megildur wrote:

Lastly though, could someone point me in the direction of a good basketball template? .psd format works with Affinity Designer, so I'd probably go for that format. I found a template that's rather nice, but it doesn't include shorts. Should we include shorts?

Thanks!

I was going to add some templates to the Google drive but I don't have permission to upload.

If you PM me your email address I'll send you some PSD's that I have. I definitely recommend showing the shorts if possible as that's a big part of the basketball uniform.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

2/15/2021 6:45 pm  #445

If anyone wants the AI file for any of my logos, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you. It might be easier than working off a PNG.

2/20/2021 11:40 am  #446

I will be posting the uniform polls this afternoon. Anyone who thinks they'll be a little late on the deadline please let me know. There will not be finals this round...meaning by tomorrow we'll have our uniforms! 

2/20/2021 7:31 pm  #447

It is time for the AltBA Uniform Madness to begin! Unlike the logos this is it! So by this time tomorrow (hopefully) I'll be posting the uniforms for Group A. People will then be able to get their wish lists started (if you haven't already). Thank you to everyone who participated.  Looking forward to Group B. 

But for now...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeThXsrmkZIzgsgbyakPwRtY8oNgib9_-HMHCeEweLq84ABoQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

2/20/2021 8:07 pm  #448

I'm confused about Group A... you have Vancouver listed but Minnesota concepts were shown.

Seattle Emeralds, Vancouver Caribou, Denver Mountaineers
Detroit Mustangs, Chicago Bulldogs, Louisville Spirits

2/20/2021 8:18 pm  #449

Important Update: 

Thank you Steelman for pointing that out. I have paused the poll for the evening due to my mistake. Minnesota is a part of Group A not Vancouver. I will pause the poll until tomorrow afternoon to give anyone interested in designing a uniform for Minnesota to do so. I will save all of the Vancouver submissions for the Group B poll. Thank you all for understanding. 

2/20/2021 8:37 pm  #450

If it's paused, are we able to continue/finish concepts for the other teams in Group A?

Board footera