Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/31/2020 10:58 pm  #31

Re: AltBA Design Thread

I can’t wait for this project! I’ve always found basketball designs to be hard to get right so it’ll be a fun challenge.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

1/01/2021 2:25 am  #32

Steelman wrote:

I can’t wait for this project! I’ve always found basketball designs to be hard to get right so it’ll be a fun challenge.

Yeah they're pretty hard unless you go in the direction Tom O'Grady went with a lot of his NBA work in the 90's.

1/01/2021 7:37 am  #33

I am certainly in for this one

1/01/2021 10:47 am  #34

I'm thinking about what city/area would even fit with my polar opposite brands in Miami and Quebec City. Either way, this will be a blast, and you best believe I'm all in for it!

1/01/2021 10:54 am  #35

ANDY! wrote:

I'm thinking about what city/area would even fit with my polar opposite brands in Miami and Quebec City. Either way, this will be a blast, and you best believe I'm all in for it!

You've got far North, far South, now you must go far West. You're heading to Anchorage!

1/01/2021 12:53 pm  #36

Hello again! 

I am excited for the excitement about our latest venture. For those excited for the AltLB don't you worry - we'll be working on that during baseball season a little later on. But for now we have our owner list filled. We have one more spot available. That will be given out - first come first serve. 

The AltBA will consist of 24 franchises. That is the same as the AltFL. BUT I noticed during the first AltFL season that the barrel of available talent was scrapped extremely thing. Therefore we are going to change it up a bit. Instead of one BIG fantasy league we are going to have two 12-team leagues. The Western Conference and the Eastern Conference. At the end of the playoffs we will still have ONE AltBA champion. I will explain that process a little later. This will make the fantasy season more engaging with better players on each team. The only strange thing about that is that there will be too Lebron's on two different teams. But i think that is an okay compromise. 

There are 23 different owners. The last pick in the owner-draft will be league owned. I will draft whenever I come up in the lottery. This is for two reasons. 1.) I will be able to monitor and run the two leagues. 2.) Whoever gets the last pick will still be able to make a selection between the two remaining teams. 

I think this new wrinkle will make the experience better. But for now - here on January 1st we move to the city selection process. The cities below are just a list of some of the most populous metro areas in the country. I broke the cities down between East and West. 

For those of you who are new to this...what I am asking of you now is list your ten favorite cities for the Eastern Conference. Make sure you list them in the order that you desire. #1 being the most and #10 being the least. This is not a complete list. If there is a major market that you want to be included but isn't feel free to write them in. I roughly used the Mississippi River as the line of demarcation. So Minnesota is in the West. 

The top twelve cities will be selected for the AltBA. After that we will split each conference into two smaller divisions. Let the madness begin!  

(You do NOT need to be an owner in order to vote or suggest or design)

Last edited by Gritty (1/01/2021 12:57 pm)

1/01/2021 12:59 pm  #37

Who are those owners that have secured a spot? NYC, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Philadelphia, Miami, Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, DC, and Baltimore.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/01/2021 1:01 pm  #38

1. NYC
2. Chicago
3. Philadelphia
4. Charlotte
5. Indianapolis
6. Boston
7. Washington
8. Tampa
9. Detroit
10. Columbus

1/01/2021 1:02 pm  #39

Sevsdast wrote:

Who are those owners that have secured a spot? NYC, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Philadelphia, Miami, Atlanta, Cleveland, Chicago, DC, and Baltimore.

If you reached out to me I gave you a spot! Welcome! 

1/01/2021 1:06 pm  #40

Gritty wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

If you reached out to me I gave you a spot! Welcome! 

I think I was the first to reach out to you. Thanks for the welcomes!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

Board footera