Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2021 8:56 pm  #341

Re: AltBA Design Thread

QCS wrote:

ANDY! wrote:

Albuquerque Heat

Unfortunately, Miami's NBA team might have just beaten to that name.

Darn how could I forget them! Well anyway, I changed it.

1/09/2021 9:07 pm  #342

Wallflower wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Kingsfan11 wrote:

Which name?

Riptide, name of the old Dallas Barons who got relocated.

As far as I know, the XBA is a fictional league (so I really don't think they fall into the rules), and if you go with that argument, I will call you out for using the Indiana Victors of my own NAAF. 

I was just noticing you went with that name and It recognized me of that league.

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/10/2021 1:08 am  #343

Albuquerque Thunderbirds - The flag of Albuquerque has a flying thunderbird on it
Hawaii Hula Hoopz - The best name option, but with a Z
Omaha Twisters - Omaha is in the middle of Tornado Alley
Boston Beanmen - Embracing the "Beantown" nickname
New York Nighthawks - Wanted to go with something night themed for the City that Never Sleeps and Nighthawks is a cool name IMO
Indiana Bison - Bison used to be common in the region and there is one on the Seal of the State of Indiana

Last edited by Section30 (1/10/2021 1:10 am)

1/10/2021 10:28 am  #344

New Mexico Luchadors

Hawaii Sharks

Omaha Midwesterners

Boston Sprinters

New York Pride

Indiana Isotopes

Last edited by 3pointtally (1/10/2021 10:32 am)

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

1/10/2021 11:54 am  #345

Everyone keep your Group D names coming. I'll send out those polls tomorrow afternoon. 

But for now it is time for the Group C Finals! 

https://forms.gle/ZmSpN6xaAv1mrGKA6

Looking ahead to Round #3 of the AltBA Design Process we have the Logos! 

Here are the deadline dates for the logos.

GROUP A - Seattle Emeralds, Chicago Bulldogs, Detroit Mustangs, Louisville Spirits, Denver Mountaineers and Minnesota Giants are due FRIDAY, JANUARY 15.

GROUP B - New Orleans Revelers, Charlotte Flyers, Atlanta Devils, Los Angeles Olympians, Vancouver Caribou and Washington Warbirds are due FRIDAY, JANUARY 22

GROUP C - TBD are due FRIDAY, JANUARY 29

GROUP D - TBD are due FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5

That was the timeline for the AltFL. We will use the first group as a barometer for how much time people need to submit logo designs. 

Logo designs will require a PRIMARY LOGO, a COLOR SCHEME and a WORDMARK (especially for future use on uniforms). I will post a mock submission later today to help give you an idea of what I'll need. 

Logo designs are not submitted on the board but over email to me at althockeyleague2020@gmail.com

If you have any questions please let me know. I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! 

1/10/2021 2:07 pm  #346

I think a few extra days per logo group would encourage more participation. Those timelines are pretty tight for amateurs to be able to design some good logo concepts in my opinion. But regardless I’m looking forward to it.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

1/10/2021 2:58 pm  #347

My Group D Names:

Albuquerque Aeros (Aeronauts) - Aeronauts are people who fly hot air balloons and Albuquerque is the balloon capital of the country. 

Hawaii Tsunamis - the powerful wave that is going to take over the league! 

New York Towers - for all of the skyscrapers of course. But also because a group of giraffes are Towers. A possible fun logo concept. 

Boston Unicorns - one of the proposed names for the Boston Celtics. It is also the emblem of the Boston athletic association and the Boston marathon. Could make for a great logo.

Indiana Haymakers - pulling from my SDHL concept. 

1/10/2021 8:26 pm  #348

Sevsdast wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Riptide, name of the old Dallas Barons who got relocated.

As far as I know, the XBA is a fictional league (so I really don't think they fall into the rules), and if you go with that argument, I will call you out for using the Indiana Victors of my own NAAF. 

I was just noticing you went with that name and It recognized me of that league.

Ahh, I see, misunderstanding on my end, sorry bud.

1/10/2021 8:50 pm  #349

Gritty, I'm curious. If a non-owner like Wallflower won a vote, what would happen to the points? Would they disappear or go to someone else?

1/10/2021 8:56 pm  #350

QCS wrote:

Gritty, I'm curious. If a non-owner like Wallflower won a vote, what would happen to the points? Would they disappear or go to someone else?

What about giving those points to the 2nd place team?

Board footera