Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2021 11:20 am  #221

Re: AltBA Design Thread

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

QCS wrote:

Since it's my own team, I'm allowing it. If the name wins, I'll simply change the minor league team.

It doesn't Matter, the Blossoms are the name of the triple A Affiliate of the Denver Bighorns.

Oh, you mean the Denver Bighorns that is QCS's team? That he named the AAA affiliate for? That he's saying wouldn't be a conflict if selected?

And it wasn’t an issue with the Reapers either. I specifically said as long as the identity of the AltFL takes a different approach, I would be willing to allow it.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

1/06/2021 1:04 pm  #222

Atlanta Cobblers - Peach cobbler is good and big in the South compared to pies. Cobbler is also someone who fixes shoes. Felt it fit a basketball league because shoes are a big part of the culture. Maybe the most important equipment due to the fact that it lets the players express themselves freely.

Washington Sentinels - Meaning is a soldier or guard whose job is to stand and keep watch, which sums up the role of the district in the USA. Also just sounds cool ig.

After being given great shame by many, I've learned using California Sea Lions was a heiounis act and I plee for mercy. Los Angeles Sea Lions? LA Lions with a Sea Lion theme? Whatever doesn't get me hit. - I hate names claiming states, but this one is intentional. This one is giving a double statement towards the league and San Jose, by saying it is their state and using a play on Lion, the king of all animals. Adding sea to it makes it way more specific to the coastal city.... California Sea Lion is also the actual name of the species.

Vancouver Wanderers - This one is inspired by Vancouver's motto "By sea, land or air we prosper". Wanderer is just a fancy word for traveler, and, knowing they are the only team from Canada, they'll be doing it a lot.

That's all I got in the tank.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (1/06/2021 1:19 pm)

1/06/2021 4:29 pm  #223

Alright everybody! 

A lot of votes. This go around for the voting we are going to trim the list to a finals round. I put the names with the most points up to this point. 

Vote once more - except this time we aren't rating the names we are selecting our favorite of the bunch. I will reveal the winners tomorrow. The Group B polls will launch at that point. 

The Group A Finals! 
https://forms.gle/2eyGgv97he9UWkEL7

1/06/2021 7:07 pm  #224

Excited for the second half of teams! Compared to the last two sports, this is quite the unique palate of locations.

Last edited by Sevsdast (1/06/2021 8:48 pm)

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

1/06/2021 7:44 pm  #225

Kinda bummed only one of my names made it but there are some damn good names.

Last edited by Osgiliath Guard (1/06/2021 7:46 pm)

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

1/06/2021 8:44 pm  #226

Hopefully, this isn't too late, and sorry if there are repeats, I wanted to get this out before it was too late so I never double-checked.

Atlanta Reds- Coca-Cola Headquarters are in ATL, and I think the old school name works for Atlanta.

Washington Force- Air Force One, the US President's private jumbo-jet.

Los Angeles Dunes- LA is home to many dunes and sandy beaches.

New Orleans Bullfrogs- Bullfrogs are commonly found in the New Orleans area.

Vancouver Torrent-  Vancouver is known as the city of rain, and torrent is a fierce-sounding synonym.

1/06/2021 11:55 pm  #227

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Washington Sentinels - Meaning is a soldier or guard whose job is to stand and keep watch, which sums up the role of the district in the USA. Also just sounds cool ig.

This aged ... poorly.

1/07/2021 12:24 am  #228

sportsfan7 wrote:

This aged ... poorly.

Your tax dollars at work, fellow American citizens.

As soon as I graduate school, I’m going back to Canada and never getting involved in U.S. politics again. This is insane.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

1/07/2021 12:36 am  #229

ThisIsFine wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

This aged ... poorly.

As soon as I graduate school, I’m going back to Canada and never getting involved in U.S. politics again. This is insane.

Facts, I wish I'd gone to college in Canada! I like your username BTW.

1/07/2021 12:51 am  #230

Megildur wrote:

ThisIsFine wrote:

sportsfan7 wrote:

This aged ... poorly.

Facts, I wish I'd gone to college in Canada! I like your username BTW.

Regardless of how we feel about anything with the political side of things, I believe the board rules state we should keep the politics out of things. 

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera