Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/05/2019 7:11 pm  #481

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

The final 8 teams were re-ranked and the bracket for the first ever Super Series is set.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

11/05/2019 8:15 pm  #482

TourneyEarnie wrote:

So you will probably have to make a few multiples lol. Here are the teams, Brainerd, Rochester 'Tangs, Austin, Cloquet, Winnipeg, Steinbach, and the Goodboys from Moorhead. I can wait to see what you come up with

Hope these work for ya!

11/05/2019 11:49 pm  #483

Section30 wrote:

The final 8 teams were re-ranked and the bracket for the first ever Super Series is set.

Come on New Ulm. Do it for me and every fan!
I hope they defeat the Victorias!

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

11/06/2019 12:09 am  #484

Section30 wrote:

TourneyEarnie wrote:

So you will probably have to make a few multiples lol. Here are the teams, Brainerd, Rochester 'Tangs, Austin, Cloquet, Winnipeg, Steinbach, and the Goodboys from Moorhead. I can wait to see what you come up with

Hope these work for ya!
I FREAKING LOVE THIS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Last edited by TourneyEarnie (11/06/2019 12:15 am)

11/06/2019 4:37 pm  #485

Section30 wrote:

TourneyEarnie wrote:

Hope these work for ya!

That is a brilliant sig combo!

Since I don't have a dog in the fight anymore, I'll root for New Ulm to be the underdog upset crew.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/06/2019 8:47 pm  #486

Kellogg Cup Super Series: Great Eight

St. Paul Victorias vs New Ulm Bavarians
The Victorias came out flying in their own barn in the first game of the first ever Super Series, scoring twice in the opening period and one more in the third on their way to a 3-0 shutout victory over the diamonds.

Virginia Royals vs Grand Forks Jets
The Royals and Jets squared off in what turned out to be as close of a game as most expected. Virginia's Nelson scored early in the second to take the lead only for Forks to answer back in the final minute of the period. The third was scoreless and overtime would be required. The Royals entered the offensive zone after enduring a Jets chance in their own zone. They dumped it in deep and were able to recover the puck down low where it was carried to the circle and fired on net. The shot went through a mass of bodies untouched and unseen by the Jets goalie to send Virginia to the semi-finals!

Warroad Lakers vs Twin Cities Vulcans
The poor Vulcans were no match for the hottest team in the league as this one turned ugly on the (semi) hometown team early. The Vulcans suffered one of the worst losses possible just minutes into the game when their goalie David Reise was removed from the game after hitting his head on the crossbar when getting run into. The Lakers lit up the emergency backup,scoring 4 times to win 4-1.

Cloquet Broncos vs St. Paul Saints
The Saints and Broncos went back and forth for 3 periods, resulting in the score being tied at 3 apiece and requiring overtime. The two both had decent looks, but neither team was taking any risks and the score remained tied. 3 overtimes later, Cloquet was looking gassed having just won in overtime to get here. The Saints began to take more control and get more opportunities until finally the Broncos defense broke down, leaving a Saint open in the slot who buried his shot to send his team on in a 4 overtime thriller that ended at 2:13 am.

11/06/2019 11:22 pm  #487

Just realized that...we could be getting the Milk Jug as the Kellogg Cup Final this year!

I, for one, would be absolutely STOKED if it were to happen...this could have effects to last for years to come.

11/07/2019 11:20 am  #488

"4 overtime thriller that ended at 2:13 am." Man that is what I always hope for not matter the sporting event. How many days are there in between rounds? The Saints might not have anything left in the tank for Warroad after a late night.

11/07/2019 12:08 pm  #489

TourneyEarnie wrote:

"4 overtime thriller that ended at 2:13 am." Man that is what I always hope for not matter the sporting event. How many days are there in between rounds? The Saints might not have anything left in the tank for Warroad after a late night.

The Super Series is a 3 day tournament with the Great Eight on Friday, the Semi-Finals on Saturday, and the Final on Sunday night. So the Saints will have less than a day to recover for the semi final match up.

11/07/2019 3:29 pm  #490

I kinda hope the Saints win again, but need OT again, and head into the finals on fumes.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera