Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/04/2019 1:33 pm  #471

Re: Minnesota Amateur Hockey League

Stickman wrote:

Section30 wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Been a while since I've posted here, just doing so to say yay Grand Rapids won!  And double yay Hibbing lost!  Lol, anyway, loving the new league set up you've got here!  You weren't joking about having big plans for the league and it shows!  Great job as always!

Haha, thank you! Would you believe me if I said we haven't even gotten halfway through all the teams I have planned? 

Holy... that is incredible!  Definitely looking forward to see what comes out of this!  

I'd love a Grand Rapids Moose sig, if it can be the same size as my Braves/Eagles sig that'd be great!  If not, any size is totally fine!

Here you go!

11/04/2019 3:13 pm  #472

Kellogg Cup Playoffs; Second Round

St. Paul Victorias vs Fergus Falls Cyclones
A defensive showdown between two of the best played out about how everyone expected with very few good looks given up by either team. The home team got on the board early in the third to finally break the deadlock and that goal would turn out to be the only one of the game as the Victorias will get the chance to defend their home in the first ever Super Series.

St. Paul Saints vs West St. Paul Waves
The Saints came out fast, netting two in the first 5 minutes. The Waves would get one back only for the Saints to respond, this happened in both the second and third where WSP would score to get within one, just for the Saints to respond with a goal of their own a few minutes later.

Brainerd Lumberjacks vs Twin Cities Vulcans
A goal scorers game, high paced back and forth hockey with lots of shots and lots of goals. This was definitely one of these games as the Jacks and Vulcans exchanged the lead back and forth all game long until the Vulcans scored two unanswered goals in the third to go up 4-3 where they were finally able to hold on and get the upset victory.

New Ulm Bavarians vs Alexandria Norsemen
If you're a fan of goaltenders then this would be a game for you. New Ulm's Matt Scheid and Alexandria's Erik Aasa put on a show in this one, both making 40+ saves in this double overtime thriller that was scoreless until the diamonds finally beat Scheid on a one timer from the slot to send the Bavarians to the Great Eight.

Thief River Falls Railers vs Virginia Royals
Down go the Railers! The Royals, hot off a major victory over their biggest rivals, kept that momentum going into this one as they pull off the upset. The Railers were down 2-0 going into the third and scored to bring it back to within one. They pulled the goalie and got a few good looks on net, but couldn't capitalize. Virginia got control and were able to break out of the zone and dump the puck in the empty net to solidify the victory.

Grand Rapids Moose vs Grand Forks Jets
It was a grand showing by both teams in this high scoring game which ended with the Jets ultimately coming out on top to the surprise of many around the league. Being the Iron Range Champions, the Moose were heavy favorites to knock off the expansion team from the Red River League, but with this win Grand Rapids has shown that they are indeed a team that needs to be taken seriously.

Warroad Lakers vs Winnipeg Monarchs
A Northland League showdown between two of the best teams in the league. Everyone expected a close game (the Lakers won the regular season series 2-1) but this one turned out to be all Warroad as they shut out the Monarchs 3-0 and out shot them by 11 to advance to the Great Eight.

Cloquet Broncos vs Duluth Voyageurs
Arguably the fiercest rivalry in the Lake Superior Hockey League at the moment got a playoff version which cranked the dials to 11 as these two battled on the scoreboard and on the ice in a very even match. The rough stuff started early with Cloquet taking a penalty for slashing giving le bleus a powerplay chance that they capitalized on. The Voyageurs waved to the Broncos bench while on their way to bump their teammates knuckles leading to the benches clearing and some punches being thrown. The Broncos would tie the game at 1 apiece on a snipe from Millen who had some words for the Voyageurs bench on his way to celebrate with his bench. The Broncos would score again shortly after, but Duluth responded in the third to tie it again at 2. The third period was very chippy with scrums occurring after nearly every covered puck, the final horn sounded and overtime was needed. Cloquet was called for tripping midway through the first overtime, giving Duluth a powerplay. Duluth passed the puck around the zone, looking for an open shot. Finally they took a shot, but it was blocked by a Bronco, sending the puck into the neutral zone. The speedy Brady Millen was the first to the puck, going in on a breakaway shorthanded. He faked a shot then fired low glove side, beating the goalie and winning the game for Cloquet.

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!6.3.6

Last edited by Section30 (11/05/2019 7:10 pm)

11/04/2019 5:00 pm  #473

You know what?
I like New Ulm's look so much. That all I have ever do is to cheer for them!
Give me a sig, dammit!
I can't take it anymore!

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

11/04/2019 7:09 pm  #474

Man, tough loss but congrats to Cloquet on a hard-fought game with our rival.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/04/2019 8:29 pm  #475

We fell victim to something I called no more than a page ago! Well I guess it’s support behind the other Grand team competing.

11/04/2019 9:25 pm  #476

FC Macbeth wrote:

You know what?
Give me a sig, dammit!
I can't take it anymore!

Ask and you shall receive!

Steelman wrote:

I feel like this game was a tipping point in the rivalry, I think this could potentially grow into one of the biggest in the league.

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

We fell victim to something I called no more than a page ago! Well I guess it’s support behind the other Grand team competing.

Sometimes being right is a bad thing I suppose lol.6.3.6

11/04/2019 9:50 pm  #477

Section30 wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

You know what?
Give me a sig, dammit!
I can't take it anymore!

Ask and you shall receive!

Steelman wrote:

I feel like this game was a tipping point in the rivalry, I think this could potentially grow into one of the biggest in the league.

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Sometimes being right is a bad thing I suppose lol.6.3.6

Danke Schon.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

11/05/2019 6:28 pm  #478

The GFJ logo is growing on me. Also I like to see 3/4 south teams are from St Paul.
Theres so many teams I root for idk who to get a banner of 

11/05/2019 6:34 pm  #479

TourneyEarnie wrote:

The GFJ logo is growing on me. Also I like to see 3/4 south teams are from St Paul.

I could make you multiple or make some combined ones if you want!

11/05/2019 6:43 pm  #480

Section30 wrote:

TourneyEarnie wrote:

I could make you multiple or make some combined ones if you want!

So you will probably have to make a few multiples lol. Here are the teams, Brainerd, Rochester 'Tangs, Austin, Cloquet, Winnipeg, Steinbach, and the Goodboys from Moorhead. I can wait to see what you come up with

Board footera